Will the Heralds be of any use in future books?

If the Heralds have a certain period of time after the fused to return to damnation, could everstorm be the consequence for their failure to return? This could tie in to the insanity for the nine at least, they're pulled in two directions and their minds break to one degree or another.

Just now, Angsos said:

If the Heralds have a certain period of time after the fused to return to damnation, could everstorm be the consequence for their failure to return? This could tie in to the insanity for the nine at least, they're pulled in two directions and their minds break to one degree or another.

If that's all it was, I think it would have happened a lot sooner. I mean, if they could have stuck around Roshar for a couple thousand years without consequence, maybe they could have lasted longer before they got to the point of abandoning their oaths.

35 minutes ago, The Night Watcher said:

So is Jezrien alive, then? I thought he was dead for good.

You should really include the date with your WoBs :P

Questioner

Are all of the Heralds still alive?

Brandon Sanderson

The Oathpact has not been broken, so yes.

Calamity release party (Feb. 16, 2016)

That's from a little over a year and a half before OB. Jezrien is dead, and that WoB was true at the time. 

On 3/16/2019 at 0:24 AM, Calderis said:

You should really include the date with your WoBs :P

That's from a little over a year and a half before OB. Jezrien is dead, and that WoB was true at the time. 

Ah, thanks. I thought I'd missed something and would have to reread. And with Sanderson books, well... You all know that's a good week gone.

• Chaos locked this topic