What kind of investiture would you choose to use?

The different kinds of investiture  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Investiture would you want to use?

• Surgebinding
    • Allomancy (via hemalurgy if neccesary)
    • Feruchemy (via hemalurgy if neccesary)
    • Awakening
    • AonDor
    • Voidbinding
    • Dahkor
    • ChayShan
    • Forgery
    • Bloodsealing
    • Yolen Lightweaving
    • Sand Mastery

Aon Dor for sure. It's pretty much the only one you have to be born with. Once you're an Elantrian world hopper you can go around grabbing up other types of Investiture. They're also passively immortal. No need for fifth heightening or twinborn atium. You'd also be pretty intimidating with metallic skin, spikes in your torso and an aura that makes a prism in the air around you. I'm not sure if I would go for an eye spike or not. Maybe just one, because dudes with eye patches are intimidating.

2 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Aon Dor for sure. It's pretty much the only one you have to be born with. Once you're an Elantrian world hopper you can go around grabbing up other types of Investiture. They're also passively immortal. No need for fifth heightening or twinborn atium. You'd also be pretty intimidating with metallic skin, spikes in your torso and an aura that makes a prism in the air around you. I'm not sure if I would go for an eye spike or not. Maybe just one, because dudes with eye patches are intimidating.

Pretty much all those effects fade when you get far from Elantris. Your immortality would only persist if you kept feeding on investiture and your skin and aura would fade until you look normal.

10 minutes ago, HSuperLee said:

Pretty much all those effects fade when you get far from Elantris. Your immortality would only persist if you kept feeding on investiture and your skin and aura would fade until you look normal.

That is partly true. The Ire show us that it is possible to be away from Elantris and still be an Elantrian. Riino for example lives in Roshars CR but is several hundred years old. You would lose your silvery skin and you wouldn't be able to use Aons, but you are still an Elantrian even when you aren't in Elantris. My point was that being an Elantrian is the only magic system in that list that can't be acquired by other means. You can gain feruchemy and allomancy through hemalurgy. The surges come from bonding spren. Breath is a commodity Investiture. Aviar can be tamed. Shades can be captured. But Elantrians, have to be born near Arelon and they have to be taken by the Shaod, you can't cheat your way into it.

I chose Forgery because I think it's one of the more useful abilities, since I could overwrite my past self and become a new person. Yes, I know about Lightweavers, but can they give themselves fresh out of nowhere skills? No. Can they make a stamp and change items at will with "crude wood stamps" (I'm paraphrasing) No. You have to get special training for two years, then you can go out and shape reality.

I would go with Surge Binding if I can get Stormlight as Healing is important and Being able to control surges are very powerful. 

If I couldn't access Stormlight readily Then I would go with Feruchemy for healing but also the other amazing effects. Crushing tests with Coppermind and memorization.

Speed and Strength in Emergencies. I already like wearing Rings so necklaces and other metals would not be out of the question if they grant powers.

There are so many real world applications for those powers and I wouldnt mind the cost of being weaker for a time.

Sitting at a computer? do I need long range sight? Do I need Strength? ect

• 3 weeks later...

I've said it before and I'm sticking with it.

If I don't have to deal with the region-lock(I'll take powered down if need be), I'd pick Elantrian. There are no limits when programming reality.

But if the region-lock is non-negotiable, then Feruchemy. The spread of attributes you can store and the applications of them are practically limitless.

I'll add a close 3rd to Awakening, because it also has massive potential for experimentation. It isn't as obviously useful in modern life compared to Feruchemy, but humans can come up with some pretty ingenious things if given the opportunity to try being clever.

Elsecaller all day everyday. Matter transformation and (as far as I am concerned based on the info we have so far) teleportation. Then throw in regeneration, and power armor, plus whatever Jasnah did when she shoved the three guys into each other and it is all a combination of epicness. 

Feruchemy would be the most practical in our world. Considering you can also store strength and stuff, it wouldn't be that bad in a dangerous apocalyptic fantasy setting as well. So definitely that one.

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

Elsecaller all day everyday. Matter transformation and (as far as I am concerned based on the info we have so far) teleportation. Then throw in regeneration, and power armor, plus whatever Jasnah did when she shoved the three guys into each other and it is all a combination of epicness. 

And you would not find that lack of privacy that comes with a spren disturbing?

35 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

And you would not find that lack of privacy that comes with a spren disturbing?

Spren can leave an area to investigate other places. Ivory as an inkspren is very logic driven. I would simply explain to my spren that during this period of time, please research such and such thing. When the time is up return with your findings. Problem solved. 

• Chaos locked this topic