Sanderson Characters alone in a room

6 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

No, Hoid was around before the shattering, she was born after, he would know things she doesn't.

Actually:

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is Hoid the most knowledgeable about what's going on in the cosmere?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

No, Khriss is the most aware by a long shot. Nazh knows a lot as well. Hoid might know more than Nazh but he is pretty in the know as well so it's close.

Words of Radiance Houston signing (March 11, 2014)

Doomslug and pattern (in minutes

0-10: confusion on pattern’s part, doomslug couldn’t give a frick; loves imitating the mmmmmms.

10-20: fascinated analytical pattern, doomslug showing curious its in pattern’s curiosity.

20-40: many discoveries on both sides, mostly silent, to doomslug’s dismay.

40-120: friendship is made; doomslug is happy with this, but not happy that pattern is 2d. Does like pattern being on doomslug, though. 

I honestly think pattern in a room with anything is always bound to be good

Edited by Koloss17

In that case, I retract my comment about Khriss fangirling over Vasher (though she would probably be really excited to have him cornered to talk to) and strengthen my comment about him fangirling over her. We must always remember that, despite having the look and temperament of a grizzled old soldier who doesn't care how the weapons work as long as they kill stuff, Vasher is at heart a HUGE nerd who would rather have a discussion of subaxial physics in Klingon than hit people with sticks, no matter what he tries to claim. Him meeting Khriss would be like Albert Einstein meeting Isaac Newton.

On 10/21/2020 at 4:29 PM, Aspiring Writer said:

Jasnah and Stick

Jasnah opens her eyes to find herself in a room with nothing but a small stick. She stands up and attempts to soul cast the wall; it resists her (It's aluminum.) She picks up the stick and attempts to turn it into metal and chisel her way out. 

"You're steel", she tells the stick.

The stick replies with, "I am a stick."

"You're steel."

"I am a-"

"You're steel," she repeats again.

"I-" the stick hesitates, and Jasnah waits for the stick to turn into metal.

"I am a stick," it says finally. 

Jasnah stares wide-eyed at the stick. She attempts to make it turn again. failing that, she tries to persuade it, and finally ending with her getting frustrated and yelling at the stick. The stick does not bend.

Jasnah is in awe of the power of the stick. She keeps the stick, and tries to find another way out. Once she returns to her family, she speaks to her ward and Daliner in private.

"Uncle, I have made an amazing discovery." 

"What is it?" he asks.

Jasnah brings out the stick. Shallan recognizes the stick and blushes furiously, still unaware of the power she had faced then.

"It is a stick. And we must make it a tree."

This is pure beauty. Thank you. 

On 10/21/2020 at 4:06 PM, Aspiring Writer said:

Elend and Dalinar- Talk about honor and governments for days

Stormfather and the Nightwatcher- I have no idea what would happen, but I know I'd love it.

Kelsier and Hoid- FIGHT

Vasher, Khriss, Marsh, Jasnah, and Navani - All the knowledge of all magic systems in one place with some of the most badass characters. Bow down to your new overlords

Jasnah and Elend- I really wonder what debates they would have

Harmony and Odium- RIP Odium XD

Kell probably knows more than Marsh, actually. He was Preservation, is a Mistborn, seemingly managed to become a feruchemist and definitely had access to the Fullborn power set, and somehow manipulated Hemalurgy to return to life and was behind Spook’s studies on it. He was also rather set on learning everything he could about the Cosmere. He may not be at the table, but he’s likely the more knowledgeable of the brothers.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

13 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

depends when, Kel would probably hate Moash if they met after Moash gave up his pain

True, the timing would have to be perfect. Like between Hathsin and death for Kel, and between when Kaladin started helping bridge 4, and when Moash betrayed everyone. Yeah, no one, not even his allies, like post odiumization Moash.

So we aren’t getting NEARLY enough Raoden, Hrathen, and Lightsong love here.

I think Lightsong and Jasnah would be hilarious.

Raoden and Elend- really interesting political discussion, Elend being the realist, Raoden the idealist

Raoden and Sazed would be interesting

Raoden and Kaladin

Pre-big battle (does that have a name)- Hrathen and pre-ascension Rashek- fascinating conversation about power and religion

Hrathen and Jasnah - really interesting religious debate

On 10/22/2020 at 3:24 PM, Nameless said:

Actually:

How in the ever-loving heck does Khriss know more than Hoid? Not gonna lie, that’s legit pretty terrifying. If Hoid, who is some kind of proto-deity from an age before the Shards, knows less about the Cosmere than Khriss- then what the storms is Khriss? 

Just now, HipsterStick said:

How in the ever-loving heck does Khriss know more than Hoid? Not gonna lie, that’s legit pretty terrifying. If Hoid, who is some kind of proto-deity from an age before the Shards, knows less about the Cosmere than Khriss- then what the storms is Khriss? 

Well, I would guess that Hoid knows more specific stuff, like how Adonalsium was shattered, what the shards personalities are like, but Kriss is the one who studies everything in-depth. Hoid probably knows more about pre-shattering magic though.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Well, I would guess that Hoid knows more specific stuff, like how Adonalsium was shattered, what the shards personalities are like, but Kriss is the one who studies everything in-depth. Hoid probably knows more about pre-shattering magic though.

Hoid must be way older than Khriss. By this virtue alone, he should have more knowledge. Though, I guess it makes sense that Khriss knows more because that’s all she actually does (study)- perhaps Hoid is far too busy mucking up politics throughout the Cosmere for deep study.

Still- mad respect for Khriss for being considered more knowledgeable than Hoid, that’s awesome.