Sanderson Characters alone in a room

For this post, pick two or more characters from any of Sanderson's books, and imagine what would happen if they were put in a room together. You can combine characters from the Cosmere, Reckoners, short stories, interludes, even his most iconic and legendary work, I Hate Dragons, and more. A timeline of events is optional.

To start: Put Pattern and M-bot in a room together.

Minute 0-5: Both defining themselves to the other

Minute 5-10: Realizing human speech is grossly inefficient, they collaborate to create a super-efficient language that only the two of them know.

Minute 10-15: After exchanging notes on the nature of humans and what makes them tick, they have planned how to most effectively learn the most about humanity as efficiently as possible.

Minute 15-20: They have breached any number of topics, communicating at a speed that rivals that of fiber optics, and have determined 537421 different ways their respective worlds could be destroyed, and 5 different ways each one could be prevented.

After that, use your imagination. I don't know what those two would talk about once they have that out of the way.

I would toss Spensa and Lift in a room together.
Spensa would start by trying to intimidate Lift and Lift would be looking for food and from there I think they could become great friends.

This should be longer but I also feel like I could make this into a great story if I ever could get around to writing it.

Jasnah in a room with Odium

Odium gets completely clobbered in about 2 seconds and ends up splintered.

Lift in a room with preKelsier Vin.

Vin Stares suspiciously

Lift "Do you have any food?"

Vin "No"

Lift "We have to find some!"

Vin Nothing

Lift "If I find some I can be awesome!"

Vin nothing

Human in a room with Baon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Elend and Dalinar- Talk about honor and governments for days

Stormfather and the Nightwatcher- I have no idea what would happen, but I know I'd love it.

Kelsier and Hoid- FIGHT

Vasher, Khriss, Marsh, Jasnah, and Navani - All the knowledge of all magic systems in one place with some of the most badass characters. Bow down to your new overlords

Jasnah and Elend- I really wonder what debates they would have

Harmony and Odium- RIP Odium XD

The Lopen and The Lord Ruler 

(no physical harm possible)

For about the first hour, TLR would just be absolutely pummeling Lopen, using everything he has in super-steel-speed. He doesn’t know who put him in this room, but he ain’t happy about it. Lopen would take this silently, and finally, after TLR realizes he can’t hurt Lopen, falls to his knees and is like “are you some sort of  god?” and Lopen will be like “sure, gancho, now let’s go get some chouta. You like you need some life help.” After a friendly lunch together and a deep conversation, TLR realizes that he’s been an awful ruler, and decides to change and become benevolent. Lopen adopts him into the family and he is officially a cousin. When TLR finally returns to Scadrial, everyone is super confused because out of nowhere TLR is storming down to the skaa hovels in Luthadel all angry-like, and he gets to the Skaa and he says “SKAA. DO YOU KNOW WHY I’M HERE?” and the skaa will be weeping because they’re thinking that this is the end and then TLR says “Why couldn’t the coinshot hit his target? Because he mist!” and all the skaa are super confused and still scared outta their minds, but hey, they’re alive, so they’re not complaining.

TLDR: The Lopen will be the savior of Scadrial, making it a land full of puns and hilarity.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar
I fear the wrath of the grammar police

42 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

For about the first hour, TLR would just be absolutely pummeling Lopen, using everything he has in super-steel-speed. He doesn’t know who put him in this room, but he ain’t happy about it. Lopen would take this silently, and finally, after TLR realizes he can’t hurt Lopen, falls to his knees and is like “are you some sort of  god?” and Lopen will be like “sure, gancho, now let’s go get some chouta. You like you need some life help.” After a friendly lunch together and a deep conversation, TLR realizes that he’s been an awful ruler, and decides to change and become benevolent. Lopen adopts him into the family and he is officially a cousin. When TLR finally returns to Scadrial, everyone is super confused because out of nowhere TLR is storming down to the skaa hovels in Luthadel all angry-like, and he gets to the Skaa and he says “SKAA. DO YOU KNOW WHY I’M HERE?” and the skaa will be weeping because they’re thinking that this is the end and then TLR says “Why couldn’t the coinshot hit his target? Because he mist!” and all the skaa are super confused and still scared outta there minds, but hey, they’re alive, so they’re not complaining.

TLDR: The Lopen will be the savior of Scadrial, making it a land full of puns and hilarity.

:D:P:lol:There isn't an emoji that portrays my laughter.

45 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

For about the first hour, TLR would just be absolutely pummeling Lopen, using everything he has in super-steel-speed. He doesn’t know who put him in this room, but he ain’t happy about it. Lopen would take this silently, and finally, after TLR realizes he can’t hurt Lopen, falls to his knees and is like “are you some sort of  god?” and Lopen will be like “sure, gancho, now let’s go get some chouta. You like you need some life help.” After a friendly lunch together and a deep conversation, TLR realizes that he’s been an awful ruler, and decides to change and become benevolent. Lopen adopts him into the family and he is officially a cousin. When TLR finally returns to Scadrial, everyone is super confused because out of nowhere TLR is storming down to the skaa hovels in Luthadel all angry-like, and he gets to the Skaa and he says “SKAA. DO YOU KNOW WHY I’M HERE?” and the skaa will be weeping because they’re thinking that this is the end and then TLR says “Why couldn’t the coinshot hit his target? Because he mist!” and all the skaa are super confused and still scared outta there minds, but hey, they’re alive, so they’re not complaining.

You have successfully broken me. have a rep.

Jasnah and Stick

Jasnah opens her eyes to find herself in a room with nothing but a small stick. She stands up and attempts to soul cast the wall; it resists her (It's aluminum.) She picks up the stick and attempts to turn it into metal and chisel her way out. 

"You're steel", she tells the stick.

The stick replies with, "I am a stick."

"You're steel."

"I am a-"

"You're steel," she repeats again.

"I-" the stick hesitates, and Jasnah waits for the stick to turn into metal.

"I am a stick," it says finally. 

Jasnah stares wide-eyed at the stick. She attempts to make it turn again. failing that, she tries to persuade it, and finally ending with her getting frustrated and yelling at the stick. The stick does not bend.

Jasnah is in awe of the power of the stick. She keeps the stick, and tries to find another way out. Once she returns to her family, she speaks to her ward and Daliner in private.

"Uncle, I have made an amazing discovery." 

"What is it?" he asks.

Jasnah brings out the stick. Shallan recognizes the stick and blushes furiously, still unaware of the power she had faced then.

"It is a stick. And we must make it a tree."

Edited by Aspiring Writer

20 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Jasnah and Stick

Jasnah opens her eyes to find herself in a room with nothing but a small stick. She stands up and attempts to soul cast the wall; it resists her (It's aluminum.) She picks up the stick and attempts to turn it into metal and chisel her way out. 

"You're steel", she tells the stick.

The stick replies with, "I am a stick."

"You're steel."

"I am a-"

"You're steel," she repeats again.

"I-" the stick hesitates, and Jasnah waits for the stick to turn into metal.

"I am a stick," it says finally. 

Jasnah stares wide-eyed at the stick. She attempts to make it turn again. failing that, she tries to persuade it, and finally ending with her getting frustrated and yelling at the stick. The stick does not bend.

Jasnah is in awe of the power of the stick. She keeps the stick, and tries to find another way out. Once she returns to her family, she speaks to her ward and Daliner in private.

"Uncle, I have made an amazing discovery." 

"What is it?" he asks.

Jasnah brings out the stick. Shallan recognizes the stick and blushes furiously, still unaware of the power she had faced then.

"It is a stick. And we must make it a tree."

thank you

23 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Elend and Dalinar- Talk about honor and governments for days

Stormfather and the Nightwatcher- I have no idea what would happen, but I know I'd love it.

Kelsier and Hoid- FIGHT

Vasher, Khriss, Marsh, Jasnah, and Navani - All the knowledge of all magic systems in one place with some of the most badass characters. Bow down to your new overlords

Jasnah and Elend- I really wonder what debates they would have

Harmony and Odium- RIP Odium XD

The saddest part about this one is that Jasnah would think she is in the upper 50% of knowledgeability (that is SUCH a weird word) in the room on the topic, but she is actually the lowest. Vasher is either the last or one of the last two living members of the foremost scientific body on Awakening in the Cosmere (honestly, Khriss would probably be fangirling so hard over meeting him (he might be fangirling over meeting her, too, honestly)). He also likely knows more about shardblades and other Rosharan magics than most native Rosharans, including the queens. Khriss has a strong personal knowledge about Sand Mastery and a really good generalist knowledge about all of the other systems (likely knowing more about the surges (even those Jasnah uses) than Jasnah herself) and is actually likely the oldest person in the room by a few hundred years (based on current estimates). Marsh, while not a scholar, has access to almost every single aspect of the metallic arts and uses them regularly, plus he is in near constant contact with Harmony. He will know almost nothing about any other magic systems, but he probably knows more about the metallic arts than anyone else in the room, including Khriss, and most other people in the Cosmere. Navani, while not the leading expert on the topic, is very knowledgeable about fabrials, an area that Khriss has had trouble with and Jasnah never really bothered to study, so even she knows more in one area. What would most likely happen is that Jasnah would repeatedly make a suggestion or hypothesis and then one or more of the others would explain to her how it has already been proven or disproven and everyone knows it. It would basically be like what happened with her and Hoid in the WoR epilogue but longer. Also, any room without Hoid can't have ALL of the magic knowledge.

21 minutes ago, Personification said:

The saddest part about this one is that Jasnah would think she is in the upper 50% of knowledgeability (that is SUCH a weird word) in the room on the topic, but she is actually the lowest. Vasher is either the last or one of the last two living members of the foremost scientific body on Awakening in the Cosmere (honestly, Khriss would probably be fangirling so hard over meeting him (he might be fangirling over meeting her, too, honestly)). He also likely knows more about shardblades and other Rosharan magics than most native Rosharans, including the queens. Khriss has a strong personal knowledge about Sand Mastery and a really good generalist knowledge about all of the other systems (likely knowing more about the surges (even those Jasnah uses) than Jasnah herself) and is actually likely the oldest person in the room by a few hundred years (based on current estimates). Marsh, while not a scholar, has access to almost every single aspect of the metallic arts and uses them regularly, plus he is in near constant contact with Harmony. He will know almost nothing about any other magic systems, but he probably knows more about the metallic arts than anyone else in the room, including Khriss, and most other people in the Cosmere. Navani, while not the leading expert on the topic, is very knowledgeable about fabrials, an area that Khriss has had trouble with and Jasnah never really bothered to study, so even she knows more in one area. What would most likely happen is that Jasnah would repeatedly make a suggestion or hypothesis and then one or more of the others would explain to her how it has already been proven or disproven and everyone knows it. It would basically be like what happened with her and Hoid in the WoR epilogue but longer. Also, any room without Hoid can't have ALL of the magic knowledge.

I specifically wanted to disclude Hoid, cuz he is kinda cheating. Khriss and Vasher will be the two most important members in the group, being the most Cosmere aware and masters in their own fields. Navani is pretty important in the advancement of Fabriels, though she often uses others like engineers for specifics, and Marsh, while not the most scholarly, was an obligator and has pretty in-depth knowledge on Allmoancy, Ferucehmy, and the most dangerous one Hemalurgy, which he is a living example of. (Also, he probably has some knowledge of 'modern' Scadrial technology, which could be useful.) Jasnah herself doesn't quite know much in Cosmee systems, seeing as she is focused on history, but I think she might come up with interesting applications with the others to guide her. And if not, she's a living soulcaster, who cares if she adds anything?