33 posts in this topic

Honestly, Michael Kramer does a pretty good job of Nightblood in Oathbreaker.  Since I'm reading Warbreaker after I've read and listened to OB, I have his version in my head now.

Nightblood is similar to Jack (aka Sumarbrandar) from Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. Both are slightly annoying, but skilled and eager. So I  think it would make sense that Nightblood sounds like an angsty, but refined teenager.

I always imagined a Navi-like voice. Not as high pitched, but similar.

I gave him a very high-pitched, very Cockney accent while in the sheath. Maybe like Ray Winstone on helium.

Well, I listened to the audiobooks because I had them in my library so I just think that they Nightblood sounds like what Michael Kramer made them sound like.

On 3/17/2020 at 2:10 PM, StoneBound said:

Well, I listened to the audiobooks because I had them in my library so I just think that they Nightblood sounds like what Michael Kramer made them sound like.

That is starting to happen to me as well because I read the audio books.  I am worried about reading skyward that way now even though I have it because what if they do Spensa wrong?

Now that I am thinking about it, if I hadn't listened to the book first, I would have probably given Nightblood the voice Matt Mercer gives Craven edge.

BMo from Adventure Time, but without the accent.