Confirmed Worldhopppers (and potential ones)

2 hours ago, Child of Hodor said:

He has a wife, but I don't think we know more than her name. "Felt was with Dalinar when he visited the Nightwatcher and he reveals he's married to Malli".[1]

We don't know much at all about him. This WoB seems to imply either Scadrial was not his first world or he's been to other one's besides that and Roshar. https://wob.coppermind.net/events/2/#e235 https://wob.coppermind.net/events/370/#e11812

Felt is the third son of a minor noble on Scadrial, according to Brandon.

Brandon Sanderson

Felt

Oh, and Felt gets a mention here. I don't know if you remember him from book one, but he was the spy who Elend sent to tail Vin one night and figure out who she truly was. He was loyal to house Venture, and Elend inherited Felt from his father when Straff fled Luthadel and left behind most of his servants and men.

A third son of a very minor nobleman, Felt is used to working for a living—something that does happen to a lot of nobility in this world, even if the ones you see most of the time are either too busy ruling, stealing, or going to war to bother with things like that.

The Hero of Ages Annotations (Sept. 17, 2009)

Hmm I may have been thinking of Demoux then, but good to have confirmation that Felt does have a wife. It's still possible that she is from off-world. The earliest we see him in SA is at the valley, right? No telling how long he's been on Roshar then, might also be someone local. 

@Invocation I had completely forgotten about the Faceless Immortals, that's definitely another possibility. It's does seem to me like they mostly appear as the people who's body they have snatched, for the woman to have thought of them as monstrous and otherworldly I don't think they could have been possessing someone yet, but she may have seen their "true form" or something.

Personally my favorite option is that it was a singer, just because it seems like the most interesting option. Southerners and Faceless we know are on Scadrial, but a singer would be something new. 

2 minutes ago, Ciridae said:

@Invocation I had completely forgotten about the Faceless Immortals, that's definitely another possibility. It's does seem to me like they mostly appear as the people who's body they have snatched, for the woman to have thought of them as monstrous and otherworldly I don't think they could have been possessing someone yet, but she may have seen their "true form" or something.

Given the possession thing, it's likely they're some form of Cognitive Shadow, which, yeah, it'd be their true form as it is in the Cognitive Realm.

2 minutes ago, Ciridae said:

Personally my favorite option is that it was a singer, just because it seems like the most interesting option. Southerners and Faceless we know are on Scadrial, but a singer would be something new. 

What if a singer wasn't something new? What if the singers are the Faceless Immortals? Explains both facets.

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

Given the possession thing, it's likely they're some form of Cognitive Shadow, which, yeah, it'd be their true form as it is in the Cognitive Realm.

What if a singer wasn't something new? What if the singers are the Faceless Immortals? Explains both facets.

Personally, I think they're Svrakiss. 

• Chaos locked this topic