Confirmed Worldhopppers (and potential ones)

Also there has been "several" worldhoppers originally from Roshar that have secretly appeared in other books.

Phantrosity

In The Way of Kings, we see a lot of worldhoppers on Roshar. Have you already seeded worldhoppers FROM Roshar in your other works?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. You've met several.

Tor.com The Way of Kings Re-Read Interview (June 10, 2014)

13 minutes ago, HSuperLee said:

Wal-do.

While I do enjoy the joke of the name, the mystery Kandra is female. 

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Have we seen the worldhopping kandra on-screen in Oathbringer?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes, I believe you have. Ahhhh, yes, she gets around. 

JordanCon 2018 (April 21, 2018)

Marsh is a worldhopper too but he is already on the list.

7 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

The Heralds..

Heralds hasn't left Rosharian System since being Heralds.

Unless ofc some of them originally came from Yolen or somewhere else then they'd probably count  as worldhoppers

20 minutes ago, goody153 said:

Heralds hasn't left Rosharian System since being Heralds.

Unless ofc some of them originally came from Yolen or somewhere else then they'd probably count  as worldhoppers

Humans are not native to the planet Roshar, and unless I’m mistaken, the Heralds predate the migration.

19 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Humans are not native to the planet Roshar, and unless I’m mistaken, the Heralds predate the migration.

I don't think it was all of them aren't native but i could be wrong i guess in that aspect that some of them are worldhoppers at least who didn't initially start at roshar system.

2 hours ago, goody153 said:

I don't think it was all of them aren't native but i could be wrong i guess in that aspect that some of them are worldhoppers at least who didn't initially start at roshar system.

It was a major plot point of Oathbringer that the Voidbringers were actually humans and that they had migrated to Roshar after destroying their home world. The revelation of this was part of what caused the coalition to fracture.

1 hour ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

It was a major plot point of Oathbringer that the Voidbringers were actually humans and that they had migrated to Roshar after destroying their home world. The revelation of this was part of what caused the coalition to fracture.

That, however, does not tell us how the Heralds (or the people who would become Heralds) got to Roshar. They may have used the Surge of Transportation directly, or an Oathgate or even a space ship. Nor need this be uniform for everybody. An advance team to build an Oathgate may have walked through Shadesmar.

38 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

That, however, does not tell us how the Heralds (or the people who would become Heralds) got to Roshar. They may have used the Surge of Transportation directly, or an Oathgate or even a space ship. Nor need this be uniform for everybody. An advance team to build an Oathgate may have walked through Shadesmar.

This assumes that there's a perpendicularity on Ashyn, which we don't know. 

Currently, though it is not yet Canon, Brandon has them using the Surges to transport similar to the oathgates. 

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Did humans come to Roshar through Shadesmar?

It is technology or magic closer to how the Oathgates work. But it was like that. It's not canon but right now that's what I have. It's not canon because there are certain things I have to work out before that can work.

By the way I'll just say to the tape recording that I haven't canonized, like for instance if they traveled to Shadesmar to get to Shinovar from Ashyn. Right now I have that not being via Shadesmar, but the mechanics of that might not work out, and I might have to default to Shadesmar. So there's certain things, you'll see, where I say, "This isn't the canon answer, it's where I have things right now."

Overlord Jebus [PENDING REVIEW]

So Urithiru might end up being a spaceship after all.

It's not that. Right now I have them using something closer to Oathgating, but it opens up a huge can of worms, when I'm not requiring direct... When I'm sending through Spiritual Realm it opens up cans of worms, and I have to just make sure the mechanics on that are tight before I do it.

Emerald City Comic Con 2018 (March 1, 2018)

5 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

The question was “who are the worldhoppers we know”. I have no clue how they got to Roshar.

I remember one of my first posts was that I thought Wayne was a world hopper. My evidence was that at the beginning of Shadows for Silence, Daggon sees a man and notes that he had "a hat." Those were the good old days...

I would love to see Wayne somehow become a worldhopping kandra. 

On topic, there is an ardent who uses the world soil as a word for ground that doesn't make sense on Roshar, so he's probably from off world too. And a lot of people have theorized that Rial, Dalinar's bodyguard from one of the bridges is a worldhopper because he's pretty odd. 

My favorite pick for a potential world hopper is Venli, I think it would be great if she managed to find out how to get Timbre off world and the two go exploring. On that note, there is a broadsheet article from Elendel that says someone saw an otherworldly monster by a pool of water in the mountains. Did we ever get confirmation that it was a masked Southern Scadrial or is it possible that what that woman saw was a singer? 

Also, am I misremembering or does Felt have a worldhopping wife? 

5 hours ago, Ciridae said:

My favorite pick for a potential world hopper is Venli, I think it would be great if she managed to find out how to get Timbre off world and the two go exploring. On that note, there is a broadsheet article from Elendel that says someone saw an otherworldly monster by a pool of water in the mountains. Did we ever get confirmation that it was a masked Southern Scadrial or is it possible that what that woman saw was a singer? 

I remember that broadsheet! I think what the person saw was one of the Set's "Faceless Immortal" things, though that those are is a matter of some debate.

I can't find anything about Felt having a wife that worldhops (or a wife at all) but it's very possible I just can't find it. Demoux does, though.

He has a wife, but I don't think we know more than her name. "Felt was with Dalinar when he visited the Nightwatcher and he reveals he's married to Malli".[1]

We don't know much at all about him. This WoB seems to imply either Scadrial was not his first world or he's been to other one's besides that and Roshar. https://wob.coppermind.net/events/2/#e235 https://wob.coppermind.net/events/370/#e11812