Mistborn Dice: Part Two (Pledge Manager is open to all)

Pagerunner

Update: Pledge Manager is live.

https://craftygames.pledgemanager.com/projects/mistborn-metal-dice/participate/

Update: Pledge Manager will be opening soon, and if you missed the Kickstarter, you will get one last chance to hop on board.

UPDATE: Kickstarter link.

UPDATE:

Relevant portion from the latest Crafty Games newsletter.

Mistborn Metal Dice

We are so excited to finally announce our next big Mistborn product...

d97eade7-d8f0-45d2-b69b-0a214ff2d3cd.jpg

This luxurious set includes 20 all-metal dice, each featuring a different Allomantic symbol on the 6 face PLUS a unique metal plating and finish hand-picked to represent a magic metal from the Mistborn universe. 

Down to the smallest detail, these dice are designed to be the crown jewels of your collection. We've worked for months with the master metal workers over at Die Hard Dice to ensure they absolutely dazzle on your gaming table. 

Come by our booth and see the dice for yourself! Near-final production proofs of all 20 dice will be on display all weekend, along with a custom Mistborn dice tray we'll be offering in the upcoming Kickstarter campaign!

Sixteen base metals, atium, lerasium, malatium, and harmonium, I have to assume, although I have yet to go die-by-die and attempt to identify each metal. That harmonium sure is shiny. If anyone's gonna be at GenCon, try to grab a pic of this dice tray.

ORIGINAL POST:

Crafty Games, the makers of various Mistborn gaming paraphernalia, had an update in their latest newsletter about an upcoming Kickstarter. There is no published Kickstarter yet (I'll add a link when it happens), but for now, I've copied the relevant portion of the update below:

Mistborn Dice

(not just for Allomancy anymore!)

When we ran our very first Kickstarter back in early 2015, to fund the Mistborn Allomancy Dice, we were immediately asked if we would produce dice for the rest of the symbols. We were also asked - perhaps in jest - if we would consider producing actual metal dice. Well...

What's This?

What's This?

So Pretty.

So Pretty.

That's right! Very soon we'll be running the next Mistborn Kickstarter, and it's gonna be so metal

Sorry, we couldn't resist. It's true, though. While those images up there are in fact graphic mockups rather than finished dice, the factory's nearly ready to start pouring loads of metal to make the real thing - and that's just a small taste of the campaign. 

We'll also be offering an expanded, all-new acrylic Allomancy set alongside brand-new acrylic Feruchemy and Alloy of Law sets to complete your collection. 

This newsletter is your best source for information about this upcoming campaign, so keep "*@crafty-games.com" on your whitelists to be the first to hear anything and everything we have to share about this campaign.

I had just managed to get my hands on the Kickstarter exclusives I missed from the first round of dice; I don't know if that's good timing or bad on my part, since it looks like those (and more) will be a part of the standard offerings. I'm curious what the stretch goals will look like. (There must be a reason they're doing a Kickstarter campaign, after all.) How large will the new dice packs start, how much could they expand to, and will any be Kickstarter exclusives? However they do it, it will be nice to see if they can get all the acrylics to match this time; with the existing print runs, the five "exclusive" dice are noticeably lighter than the ten "standard" dice. For sure, the symbols aren't in the same orientation (some have a 2 on the face below the bottom of the symbol, some have a 4), and I'm not sure if they even have the same handedness. None of which affect functionality, but little details like that bother people like me. (Or maybe just me.)

Metal dice will be interesting. They said they're pouring, not machining, which surprises me a little bit. I expect they'll be more pricey, and the mockups look like there will be two kinds. The collector in me would like to get every possible combination of metals and symbols, but that might get too pricey. There are a lot of symbols: 24 Allomancy (16 + atium + malatium + lerasium + harmonium + 4 that are only used for the alphabet [that I'm sure are some deeply buried secret]), 18 Feruchemy (16 + atium + lerasium), and then 23 Allomancy from Era 2 (everything but harmonium). If each of those are in acrylic and two metals, that makes a whopping 195 dice. And we can always hold out hope we'll get additional symbols, like the Era 2 harmonium or even (dare I say) trellium, if Dragonsteel is generous with Crafty to get some good stretch goals.

If they do make this many, and I hunker down and get them all, I may start thinking of a way to display them. So it's not a bunch of dice sitting on my shelf collecting dust. Maybe I make a frame and put them on my wall to collect dust, and then can pull them down if I ever need an obscene amount of dice.

Edited by Pagerunner

• 2 weeks later...

No Kickstarter yet, but the latest update (attached to the OP) has a mockup of the shiny new dice:

d97eade7-d8f0-45d2-b69b-0a214ff2d3cd.jpg

Anyone going to be at GenCon this year? Maybe stop by and get some more pictures? There will be a kickstarter-exclusive dice tray there that they'll be previewing.

EDIT: die-by-die analysis. I could definitively identify twelve dice (based on the symbols), tentatively identify three others based on color and dice type (pure metals are done in a different style than alloys, with harmonium styled like an alloy for symmetry [I guess]), and there were five that I didn't want to hazard a guess on, since I don't know alloy colors well enough.

Edited by Pagerunner

3 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

EDIT: die-by-die analysis. I could definitively identify twelve dice (based on the symbols), tentatively identify three others based on color and dice type (pure metals are done in a different style than alloys, with harmonium styled like an alloy for symmetry [I guess]), and there were five that I didn't want to hazard a guess on, since I don't know alloy colors well enough.

I think i can identify all 16 base metals. Can't figure out which is Atium/Malatium, and Lerasium is way on the right, and harmonium is very clearly the rainbow one :P

Also the runes and numbers are embossed/debossed based on push/pull, it just so happens that Alloys seem to consistently be Push and pure metals seem to consistently be Pull.

I think the electrum die is my favorite of them (totally not biased, cough cough) it's just SO shiny and the debossing looks so good.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, darkmoods said:

Any news of what happened with this. Can't find it on their site and doesn't seem to have ever been on KS. I wouldn't mind grabbing a few of them. Certainly not 195 of them, but like 3 or 4 of my favs lol

They've only been previewing it; still waiting for the Kickstarter to kick off. Could be any day now, now that GenCon is over.

awesome, tnx for the reply. i've subbed to their newsletter to be sure not to miss it. hope we can pick and choose as the budget is super limited, but these look PHENOMENAL and i need some. The wife will have to understand (she will never, but rolling eyes can't break my bones).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shiny new pictures floating around on Twitter. Make sure to open the link to see all twenty dice; the preview is cutting some of them off.

If anyone's going to Pax Unplugged in Philly (December 6-8), you'll probably get a chance to handle these. Crafty will be there. I assume there won't be any there for sale, just for demo again.

• 2 weeks later...

Kickstarter will be going live tomorrow. Crafty put a preview up of the Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/craftygames/1035057644?ref=6ft1mb&token=7886e95f&mc_cid=3e12d234c7&mc_eid=e2ff68994c

The short story: $180 for the set, $20 more for a collapsible dice tray and tower. Stretch goals are acrylic dice sets featuring all 20 symbols: Classic Allomancy, Alloy-era Allomancy, and Feruchemy. They'll run for $25 a set once they've been unlocked, while being automatically included with anyone who orders the metal set.

You can also get roleplaying sourcebooks and House War as a part of the campaign. Looks like they're a little bit discounted from their MSRP. If you've been thinking about getting them, now would be a good time to get off the fence and help us meet some stretch goals.

First 50 backers get a signed card from the team and Brandon. First 250 backers get a set of the old acrylic dice and a set of House War minis.

The goal has already been met, and the first stretch goal is unlocked. Mistborn Feruchemy dice.

I'm not great with my Feruchemy symbols, but I definitely see the new harmonium one (which was shown on Twitter a little while back), and I think I see three other new ones (which would be our atium/lerasium/malatium), but I could be wrong, since some of these dice are rotated. I also think I see two duralumin dice in the mockup, so I'm not quite sure what's up with that.

5dd4443ae2a16_feruchemydice.PNG.02daec6469a05fd97f667115b317bd3f.PNG

11 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

The goal has already been met, and the first stretch goal is unlocked. Mistborn Feruchemy dice.

I'm not great with my Feruchemy symbols, but I definitely see the new harmonium one (which was shown on Twitter a little while back), and I think I see three other new ones (which would be our atium/lerasium/malatium), but I could be wrong, since some of these dice are rotated. I also think I see two duralumin dice in the mockup, so I'm not quite sure what's up with that.

Someone asked about that in the update #1 comments (might have been you for all I know :P).

We clearly shot this photo with dice from 2 different sets. Sorry about that.

There will be 20 unique dice in each of the acrylic sets.

2 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Wait, I didn't think Malatium had a Feruchemy rune yet, when was that revealed before? I didn't see it on the coppermind... :o

Assuming they didn't just come up with that symbol on their own, it should be Malatium because it is the only metal we know of without a previously revealed feruchemical symbol.

On 20/11/2019 at 6:50 PM, ChickenLiberty said:

Assuming they didn't just come up with that symbol on their own, it should be Malatium because it is the only metal we know of without a previously revealed feruchemical symbol.

they didn't come up with it by themselves. they were in constant communication with Brandon and the artist that came up with the symbols originally. I'm sure it's the new official symbol. Time to update the coppermind!

The campaign is great but stalled after the first push. Please do what you can so we can unlock the last set of dice, they are amazing looking.

Since some people shared : I'm backer number 28 and got the signed copy.