Mistborn Dice: Part Two (Pledge Manager is open to all)

Pagerunner

Well, we're one-third of the way through the campaign period, and we've reached $105K. It's a steep price point for a set of metal dice, and it looks like most of the people who could afford it have already purchased, since it's been slowing down considerably.

If $180 for metal dice is out of your price range, there are some acrylic dice that have been unlocked. They're free for anyone who's getting metal dice, but they are also available as an add-on. There's no formal tier for a set of acryllic dice, but if you pledge at the lowest tier with a total of $25, you'll be able to select a single set of 20 acrylic dice during the pledge manager after the campaign. (For reference, the current 10-dice set retails for $15, so this gets you slightly better value on a per-die basis.) Currently, only one set is guaranteed to be available; the other two are stretch goals. The acrylic sets are:

• Bronze color, white feruchemical symbols (UNLOCKED)
  • Gold color, black Alloy-era allomantic symbols ($110K)
  • Silver color, black classic-era allomantic symbols (presumably $140K)

So we've definitely got the feruchemical dice, and we'll almost certainly get the Alloy dice. (We've been clicking up at about $500 or $1K a day, and we've got twenty days left.) Depending on how much of a push we get at the end, we may get the classic dice, as well.

Even if you don't play the RPG, a single set of acrylic dice is enough for four people to play Liar's Dice (or five people, if you start with 4 dice per person). The game's also known as Pirate's Dice. (It's what they played in Pirates of the Caribbean 2.) We should come up with a good Mistborn name for it... Rioter's Dice, perhaps? You can either treat symbols as a 6, or as a wild, or not count them at all, depending on the variant you want. Maybe I'll put together a quick instruction booklet, for those of you who aren't familiar with the game. Alls I'm saying is, a set of dice kinda counts as a game in and of itself.

And if you're optimistic, and pledge $75 at the lowest tier for all three sets of acrylic dice... well, it may be worth re-evaluating if you can afford the metal dice or not. All the acrylic dice will be free for anyone buying the metal dice... so instead of $180, you're now down effectively to $105 to upgrade to a tier that has the metal dice and all three sets of acrylics. That's an effective 42% reduction in price.

No, Crafty isn't asking me to promote this. If we hit stretch goals, I do get more free things, but that's the same that every other backer will get. So help me satisfy my selfishness and throw some money their way. You won't be sorry!

Link to the Kickstarter again:

EDIT: Here's a quick Rioter's Dice rules writeup:

Spoiler

5de47fc9c1999_RiotersDice.PNG.9b46144cd61dc4367edbfa2e6d2b549e.PNG

Edited by Pagerunner

I'm thinking about getting the adventure game as an add-on, and maybe one or two of the expansions. People who have played the adventure game: Which expansions would you recommend? Also, there's the option to get all of them as PDF, would that be worth it? I generally prefer to have a physical book for running games, but does anyone have experience running this one with just the PDF?

Thanks in advance =)

• 2 weeks later...

A couple late additions. They took my suggestion and added a $25 tier to get you a single acrylic dice set. And they took somebody else's suggestion and added an add-on for collector's tins for the acrylic sets. (Unfortunately, no tier for a smaller subset of metal dice, but they were very clear from the get-go that that would not be feasible.)

Final week of the campaign, so if you've been on the fence, you should head on over. I expect, with these new collector's tins, we'll get a lot of people pledging an additional $45 for all three (eventual) acrylic dice sets, so I suspect we'll get a big push towards our third and final stretch goal over the next day or two.

• Pagerunner changed the title to Mistborn Dice: Part Two (Kickstarter is closed)

Well, the third and final stretch goal was unlocked with a whopping $150,368, very little room to spare. But it was done, nonetheless. And with the tier I suggested ($25, get a set of acrylic dice) getting 71 backers, that's at least $1775 that wouldn't have been pledged otherwise. (Potentially more, with add-ons for additional acrylic sets.) So go Pagerunner, you were able to help push this thing across the goal line!

For those who missed out and are reading this later, here's what Crafty said in the campaign about future availability outside the Kickstarter:

Most of the items we're offering here are extremely costly to produce and there's no feasible way to offer them for sale through normal distribution. As a result these items will only be available in a small number of places...

• Here on Kickstarter
  • Through retailers who back this campaign or purchase the items from us later
  • Directly from Crafty Games via our website and at conventions

We've discounted these items as much as we can for this campaign, and it's likely we'll have to offer them at a higher price later. If you're interested in picking up any of these extremely limited collectibles, this is your very best option.

There are 82 pledges at the Mistborn Merchant level, so between any of their various online store sand the Crafty online store, there should be some options for to get your hands on them, if you're proactive. August 2020 is the estimated fulfillment date, so August or September would be the time to start hunting.

• Pagerunner changed the title to Mistborn Dice: Part Two (latecomers, you get one last chance)

The Pledge Manager for this Kickstarter will be going live soon. Even if you didn't back, you will be able to buy dice. (It just means you won't have any funds already deposited in there.) Again, if you missed the Kickstarter, it's not too late!

In some of their other updates, Crafty said that the outbreak in China will affect the production timeline. Nothing for sure, yet, since the country is still dealing with the issue. But there will be some sort of delay. 

• 3 weeks later...