Greenhara - Salvation?

Sorana

Hello everybody,

This is the rp thread for the wolf west setting. If you want to join, or have any questions please take a look at the corresponding planning thread. It's for questions as well as character discussions.

@Snipexe and me will lead the plot along and take over various npcs. Of course you can still control npcs if you need it for your character, just keep in mind that if you'd like to have some additional information, it might be better to let one of us take over. You are also welcome to add plot elements, but please check them with us, especially if you think it might have a larger impact on the setting and the world. Your actions will have consequences. If you burn down a farm, don't expect it's inhabitants to stay friendly. That being sais, er have several plot lines prepared, so feel free to act as you think fits your character. 

We're starting this setting in a town called Greenhara. How and why your characters arrived here is up to you, if you feel like you need some input, then just ask ^_^ We prepared a starting scene, to give you something to work with, if you want to.

Welcome to Greenhara, a place once thought to be legend. The one place in the Rust where the all permeating Rust does not penetrate. Ruster's powers still work in the last green place, but everyone views them as a curse, as they bring in the curse. The area is commonly considered a war zone, with many bandit groups and burn lords trying to gain control of the city and attacking often. There isn't much land in this area, and what is here is either worth a fortune in water or has a farmer whose willing to defend their land to the death and has done so on multiple occasions. 

No one knows the source of Greenhara's protection against the Rust, but all do know that whoever does figure it out will become the savior of the entire Rusts.

When entering Greenhara there is a man, standing on a box, calling out loudly.
„Salvation is upon us! Listen my friends, for salvation is finally here. We have paid enough for our sins of old, the gods have given us a chance. They have sent us a way out of this. This place ist he proof, this place is a miracle, sent by the gods!“
He spreads his arms widely, looks around to see if anybody is listening. Most of those, who seem to live here, or at least arrived a while ago don’t, but some travellers wearing packs stop and listen to his words.
„We need to keep peace. We need to live together and then  the gods will see that we are worthy and they will take the curse from us.“
A woman saunters on a box close to him. She is wearing a set of cloths, that are meant to like like a serving girl’s, but are mostly doing a great job to enhance her womanly features.
„Come to the „Rusty horn“. The best saloon outside of Broadhead. We have drinks, entertainment, and of course company for the night.“
The man shoots her an angry look, and she waves cheerfully at those standing in front of him.
„Beds for newly arrived avvailable as well.“
she shouts out to everybody close enough to listen and then hops down the crate.
„You only make it worse, Kate! There’s a lot of these opportunists already.“
someone calls from those around, and she only laughs.
„The more people come to Greenhara, the better. Did I mention, that the „Rusty Horn“ also is the only saloon around here? I hope to see you all there soon!“
Walking away she waved at noone in particular, while the man standing on a box tries to regain the attention of his audience.

@I think I am here.

@Ark1002

@Clyde Coggins

@Darth Sir Woodrack Groot

@Snipexe

Edited by Sorana

Gant “Hammerhand” Hargreaves squinted at the two figures on the boxes, his stomach grumbling anxiously. Fortunately, the child didn’t seem to have the same problem, and was quietly resting in its place in his open satchel, wrapped in a blanket.

The sun was blazing ahead and he moved his hat downwards to shield himself from its rays. He took a swig from what little water he had left in his canteen, and he walked onwards through Greenhara. If anyplace was safe for a baby, it was the greenest of them all, right?

As the woman who’d announced a saloon walked away, Gant moved slowly, and jogged to her, tapping her on the shoulder.

“You talked about a saloon?” His voice was coarse from years of being around bad dust storms, and deep. He made sure to cover the baby by laying his hat over the satchel. It kept the baby cool, but it exposed Gant to the sun again. Rusts. “Do you think you could direct me there?”

Edited by I think I am here.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“You talked about a saloon?” His voice was coarse from years of being around bad dust storms, and deep. He made sure to cover the baby by laying his hat over the satchel. It kept the baby cool, but it exposed Gant to the sun again. Rusts. “Do you think you could direct me there?”

Kate's face brightened when she turned around.

"Of course. We have the best ale in town and a nice bed for you."

"It's not far, just down the street. I will gladly lead the way."

15 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Kate's face brightened when she turned around.

"Of course. We have the best ale in town and a nice bed for you."

"It's not far, just down the street. I will gladly lead the way."

“From what you said, it seems you have the only ale in town,” Gant noted. He stepped next to her. “But a bed sounds nice, and I’ll take what I can get.”

In his satchel, the child hummed a little bit. Gant gently rocked the satchel back and forth a little, hoping it would quieten it.

26 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“From what you said, it seems you have the only ale in town,” Gant noted. He stepped next to her. “But a bed sounds nice, and I’ll take what I can get.”

In his satchel, the child hummed a little bit. Gant gently rocked the satchel back and forth a little, hoping it would quieten it.

"The only and the best."

Curiously Kate looked at the satchel, when she heard the sound, observed how he started rocking it gently.

"What was that sound?"

She asked, more to offer him a chance to explain something. A lone man travelling with what sounded like an infant - strange and strange rarely meant good. But you never knew and she tried to give everybody a chance. Everybody owned a chance.

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“What was that sound?"

“None of your business,” he replied bluntly and looked to her. But of course she would know anyway what it was. Few things made the sound of a baby. He sighed.

“Look, I’m not the only one who needs a bed. Why do you think I’m out here in the middle of Greenhara?” 

Edited by I think I am here.

12 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Look, I’m not the only one who needs a bed. Why do you think I’m out here in the middle of Greenhara?” 

"I don't know. And I stopped guessing why people come here. I've got enough problems already, without adding the various reasons why someone decided to travel here."

Kate's face softened a bit.

"Ask for me should you need some milk."

She showed him the way down the street, until they arrived in front of a saloon.

"Here we are. Rooms are paid in advance, food is not included, but of course we offer that as well. If you are interested in some company, talk to the girls."

Pausing she thought for a moment.

"If you end up in a fight, we might throw you out. If you destroy something you pay it."

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Pausing she thought for a moment.

"If you end up in a fight, we might throw you out. If you destroy something you pay it."

“Fair enough,” he said, and began to walk to the saloon. “Thanks for the offer, and it’d be best if you didn’t mention a child around these parts either.”

He pushed on the door and entered the large, wood brown building. He passed some fellers who looked like they were arguing, passed another that looked drunker than a twig and made his way to what seemed to be the front of the saloon. “How much for a room?” He inquired. “Two nights’ stay.”

2 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

You can create either a new typical alleyverse character or one native to this setting. There are restrictions how investiture works, so maybe take a look at the worldbuilding. What Mac said applies and then please post the character sheet in the thread Snip mentioned. This character doesn't count to your limit so don't worry about that.

================

Kate nodded.

"That's one and a half bottles of water."

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

wolf west

hmm...

Hellbent Rustblade walked down the street, sun beating down on his bare back, a the whip marks enhanced by the parts of skin undamaged, all a dark tan. His violet eyes flashed, his back straight, walking quickly. Everything about him screamed STAY AWAY. The gun on his hip was carefully preserved, to keep his own skin from rusting it. Hellbent was huge, especially for the age of thirteen. Hellbent towered over almost every adult, and his grim face made them cower. The only clothes Hellbent wore were leather wrapped around his feet, black ragged shorts, and a bandana wrapped around his neck, a deep purple color. Hellbents horse, Nightshade, trodding behind him, completely unfettered. It was loyal. Unlike my gang. And my gang is dead. He chuckled, and a small smile appeared on his face. That made people cower, and he glared at them. "Just stay the rusting hell out of my way." Hellbent grinned, noting with satisfaction the wet stain now spreading down one man's pants. As long as I stay muscular, my height is a terrifying thing. He still showed signs of adolescence, nobody would mistake him for an adult. The crescent scar on his eye, along with all the others, enhanced the image. Yes, they can still tell I'm young. But they're too scared to say otherwise. He sauntered into the Rusty Horn, and leaned at the bar, muscles rippling along his back. "Beer."

Gant nodded, fishing into one of his satchel’s pockets. He brought out a small bottle of water, and slid it across the tabletop, his mind seeming to become more thirsty at the loss. It was one of the last bottles he had left.

“How about one bottle?” He negotiated. “One bottle and a... favour should you need it.”

he observed the man wearing a weird mask and another tall kid next to him and sighed.

43 minutes ago, Dark1002 said:

"Beer. Now." His voice was a growl, and his hand approached his gun hilt. His posture went from a straight back to the appearance of a chained wolf, full of power, and dangerous. His eyes narrowed to slits.

Gant eyed the man, and gently moved the satchel to the other side of him, putting him between the child and the man. He rocked the satchel a bit as well. The child didn’t like it when conflict happened.

John poured two beers and placed them in front of the newly arrived guests.

"That's a sip of water each."

He placed a cup on the bar for them to pour it into and smaller one for measurement.

@Dark1002

@Clyde Froggins

===================

Kate accepted the bottle.

"Deal."

She replied.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Gant only nodded. Trading for favours was dangerous if you didn’t know what you were doing, but he was sure he could handle it.

“Where’s the keys?” He asked.

Kate handed him the keys.

"Upstairs, second room to the right. If you need anything else, just tell me."

"And you should try to keep away from those living here longer. Especially if you plan to stay here.

============

37 minutes ago, Clyde Froggins said:

"Here you are my fine fellow, thank you." Cornelius said before taking a swig from the bottle, "Do you know if there is a mine in this town?"

"Close by, yes. But it's only a small one."

John started cleaning some glasses. He took the money of his other guest and added.

"Why do you ask? Most people come to see the green plants, the water."