Yeshaya

"Who's that Cosmere character" already used characters and style guide

5 posts in this topic

Is there a list of previously used characters for WTCC? I have a few I want to send in but not if they've been used already. Also is there a style guide for things like what tense to use, or will the cluemaster just modify the hints as necessary? Thanks!

Hi! Good to hear you're interested in sending in a WTCC!

To answer your questions, there isn't a list of already used characters. We don't mind if people send in repeat suggestions, we've had quite a few characters sent in multiple times. Most people don't send in the same clues so as long as you are creative, you should be fine. Plus, if we started limiting it to only one entry per character, that'd give the guys on the podcast an extra clue (it's a character that has not appeared in a previous WTCC ;)). 

I'm regards to a style guide, nothing solid. As long as it includes all 5 clues (you can number these if you want but if I think they might be better in a different order, I might switch them around) and who the character is (You'd be surprised at how many people send in clues and no answer). 

If you don't want me to read your name, put your username in the email and we'll read that instead. You can put multiple entries into one email but we recommend you send them in multiple emails. 

Hope this helps! 

On 3/11/2019 at 4:28 PM, Overlord Jebus said:

Hi! Good to hear you're interested in sending in a WTCC!

To answer your questions, there isn't a list of already used characters. We don't mind if people send in repeat suggestions, we've had quite a few characters sent in multiple times. Most people don't send in the same clues so as long as you are creative, you should be fine. Plus, if we started limiting it to only one entry per character, that'd give the guys on the podcast an extra clue (it's a character that has not appeared in a previous WTCC ;)). 

I'm regards to a style guide, nothing solid. As long as it includes all 5 clues (you can number these if you want but if I think they might be better in a different order, I might switch them around) and who the character is (You'd be surprised at how many people send in clues and no answer). 

If you don't want me to read your name, put your username in the email and we'll read that instead. You can put multiple entries into one email but we recommend you send them in multiple emails. 

Hope this helps! 

Well, I want to submit one, I just need to know how to do it. Who do I email and what do I say?

2 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Well, I want to submit one, I just need to know how to do it. Who do I email and what do I say?

There's an email address you send them to.  It's listed in every Shardcast post.