Hogwarts Houses  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What is your hogwarts house?

• Ravenclaw
    • Gryffindor
    • Hufflepuff
    • Syltherin

On 3/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, Ark1002 said:

Hufflepuff is complete crap. I love ravenclaw, and slytherin is cool. Gryffindor at least has the bravery piece. But if you actually read the book, the sorting hat talks about how Hufflepuff says "I'll take the rest!" Huffepuff is originally just the group nobody else wanted, then people have since added attributes like "nice" and "kind". And also, hufflepuff never did anything important. They have one good character, and his main role is to die. Slytherin has almost every one of the cool villains. Gryffindor has heroes, brave people. Ravenclaw has professors, scholars, the people that are the most helpful to society.

Hufflepuff? Hufflepuff has regular people who fill no special role, are just there.

How dare you sir! You have offend me! Since nobody else is defending Hufflepuff, I will take up the burden. Do not worry, brothers and sisters. I will educate these plebians about the true power of house Hufflepuff.

Hufflepuff is the greatest house, because it values traits that actually foster a community, whereas the other houses ideals create division and strife. Loyalty, dedication, hard work, and fair play are the what Hufflepuffs exemplify, and these ideals lend themselves to acceptance and fairness. Hufflepuff are normal, decent people, and let's face it: normal people are boring. But they also don't create conflict like we see in the other houses, especially Gryffindor and Slytherin. They're so antithetical they are almost always fighting. And instead of working together they are always working against each other. Then you see Ravenclaw. The problem with Ravenclaw is that the house traits say nothing about how to interact with other people. Ravenclaws could be spiteful mean people, or they could be kind. It could go either way, and valuing intelligence often leads to arrogance and condescension towards people who may not be book smart.

The way I see it, Hufflepuffs are the mediators, the people who just want everyone to get along. They may make for boring characters (though I'd argue Rowling just didn't take the effort to portray them as more interesting), and people from different houses may make for a better story. But if Harry Potter were real life, I know damnation well which house I'd want everybody to be in. Cause conflict and strife may make for interesting reads, but I'd rather have a normal life, where everybody is just decent to one another and there's no storming hate.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a Gryffindor last time I took the Pottermore test, but honestly I don't identify with that house at all. Gryffindors tend to be adventurous/curious/passionate to a fault, and honestly I wish that Neville and Hermione had been put in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw respectively so we got some more interaction with the other houses. And it couldn't have hurt to have at least one consistent good guy in Slytherin (Snape and Malfoy don't count). 

39 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

And it couldn't have hurt to have at least one consistent good guy in Slytherin (Snape and Malfoy don't count). 

They kinda made up for that in FB with Leta and everything, but yeah, a viewpoint from someone who is a total and complete good guy would be nice.

I am not surprised by the sheer magnitude of the Ravenclaw population on this website. I am also a Ravenclaw, and relate heavily to pretty much every Ravenclaw we spend time with, other than Lockhart, and especially relate to Luna's eccentric-ness

Just now, Wyndlerunner said:

I am not surprised by the sheer magnitude of the Ravenclaw population on this website. I am also a Ravenclaw, and relate heavily to pretty much every Ravenclaw we spend time with, other than Lockhart, and especially relate to Luna's eccentric-ness

Luna is my spirit animal in every way.

I've taken the pottermore test multiple times, and I tend to get Slytherin and Ravenclaw, although slytherin is the most common...

My (irrelevant) patronus is a Chestnut Mare...the irony in that is that my phobia is horses

10 hours ago, Mraize said:

I've taken the pottermore test multiple times, and I tend to get Slytherin and Ravenclaw, although slytherin is the most common...

My (irrelevant) patronus is a Chestnut Mare...the irony in that is that my phobia is horses

Hey at least it isn't a vole;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken the test twice in a space of about five years because losing-my-account reasons and both times I was sorted into Ravenclaw.

Now, I'm actually surprised by the results of the poll. I mean, given where we are, it shouldn't, but from what I remember in the old Pottermore site the number of members in each house was displayed and it was pretty balanced. I'd expect Ravenclaw to be the main house in the Shard, yes, but not this big of a difference.

• 11 months later...

Hufflepuff Gang!

Ravenclaw is a close second for me, Gryffindor and Slytherin are far off.

Edit: It had been a good 1.5 years since taking the quiz, I just did so again and got Ravenclaw. :huh:

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

I’m in all four houses?

I’d been a Ravenclaw for years, but they remade the test recently and I did it and got Slytherin. I did it again three more times and got a different house each attempt, so I don’t even know what house I’m in anymore.

I think I lean more towards Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, maybe with a tiny dash of Slytherin so I’m just going to say I’m a Ravenpuffin for now. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

22 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

It doesn’t surprise me that most of this site (myself included) is Ravenclaw

Me too. Like it would be weird, if while being a huuuuuge book fans, we wouldn't have the most people there

On top of that, the Cosmere stories have an above-average Ravenclaw tendency even by the standard of books: Scholarly protagonists abound, mysteries over mysteries, and lots of words of wisdom shared . . .

I've heard that all Ravenclaws liking books is a myth though. We're more a mix of the ones that like books, the curious, and the weird ones. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

(Please note that I use 'weird' as a compliment. I discovered the hard way that not many agree with that meaning)