Let's Roast the Cosmere!

Bigmikey357

I don't know how well this will go over but here goes.

There's been a lot of frustration over the boards in regards to character discussions. People bag on a character they hate and then are upset when the fans of the characters rebutt their statements. So I decided to post this as a sort of release valve. So bag on any character you want. Agreement accepted but no rebuttals allowed. If you think Wax is a total git, speak on it! If you hate Evi, spit it out! Farcical complaints are allowed as well. Maybe you wanna say you disliked the way Vin wore her hair or something. Whatever. This isn't a debate space, this is a venting space.

I'll start with Dalinar. Murderer. Terrible husband. Awful father. Control freak. Drunk. Bully. He was an honorable dude we thought, but his past is a nightmare he created. He hates himself almost as much as everyone else on Roshar. The bum has much to answer for and I hope he gets what he deserves.

Yeah, Moash was my choice.

However, I can also confidently say that I love to hate Moash. However, I simply HATE Straff Venture. There are many obvious reasons for this, such as the fact that he has a harem and ABUSES HIS CHILDREN. Also he threatened to deflower my sweet child Vin who I will protect forever.

Good idea!

Hoid in his Stormlight appearances: Either help or don't, dude! He's in it way too much for someone who is having his own story in background that is only tangentially related to the concerns of our heroes. I know his thing is he helps where it's convenient and Roshar is a means to an end, but why bother, my man? If you're meddling this much why not do something really helpful?  

He shows up in Stormlight and makes coy comments like someone who already finished a book you just started.  "Wait til you find out about the origin ;)". I can imagine him winking after everything he says. "Fortunately, it's the best type of lie ... Why, the ones I tell, of course ;)" His jokes take too long to set up and he explains them. Every time he says "you see" I know a joke diagram is coming.   (tWoK ch. 22,  WoR Epilogue TWICE & OB Ch. 82) 

Sorry, I had to insult every character.  I like most of these characters, but here is what bugs me about them. 

Stormfather: Grumpy, unhelpful piece of ___

Rock: Thin-air supremacist

Sadeas: Climate Change Denier. Come on Toril, the red lighting storm blew the wrong way and you still don't care?!

Kelsier: Smug git. Addicted to founding religions that worship him

Elend: Boring

Adolin: Kinda boring

Venli: Jerk

Gavilar: Great plan, champ.

Amaram: *Shaking head* I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. You had so much potential. 

Shallan: Word play is more often annoying than funny. Trying too hard.

Ati: You don't need to manifest as a meat-puppet with spiders coming out of your mouth.  Trying too hard.

Taravangian: Reading the "diminished capacity" note regularly for 70-80 years is pathetic. It said "may have", does the Stormfather brood over every incorrect Stormwarden prediction? (Probably, he's got nothing better to do)

Lirin (Kal's dad): Insufferable preachy pacifist and hypocrite. "I know war is inevitable. I just didn't want you to be part of it." - OB Ch. 7  Oh, OK, as long as only other people's kids are doing the dirty work and dying horribly violent deaths. Then he hangs his head when Kaladin summons his blade. Oh no, my son is a magic warrior man who can fly, what a bummer!

Odium: Passion my ___, buddy. Also, Dalinar didn't even know the King's Drop existed until you sent the Thunderclast after it. Thought you could see the future, idiot. 

Kaladin: You're not a god and in the Cosmere even gods can't save everyone or themselves sometimes.

Spoiler

I loved you the first time when you were called Jack Shepard in LOST. A trained surgeon, who's father was a surgeon, and unlike his father he can't accept that he can't save everyone. 

I think the above video is relevant to your current struggles. 

Jasnah: is perfect and i wuv her and we're getting married!!

Edited by Child of Hodor

Kelsier: You sociopathic racist cult leading piece of CREM!!!!! You pretend to care, but lets face it everyone was your STORMING PAWN!!! Vin was not important to you!! You used her to meet your own ends and that was it!!!!! When you died I laughed and when your plan was revealed I raged at you. Even death could not hold back your abuse of those that you proclaimed to love and care about!!! Well here is to you you serial killing pig!!!!

Edited by Nathrangking

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Kaladin: You sociopathic racist cult leading piece of CREM!!!!! You pretend to care, but lets face it everyone was your STORMING PAWN!!! Vin was not important to you!! You used her to meet your own ends and that was it!!!!! When you died I laughed and when your plan was revealed I raged at you. Even death could not hold back your abuse of those that you proclaimed to love and care about!!! Well here is to you you serial killing pig!!!!

I think you mean Kelsier

Just now, Snipexe said:

I think you mean Kelsier

Good Save!!

1 minute ago, John203 said:

Um... Kelsier?

My mistake!!

Ialai: You witch who married Torol that worm. You encouraged evil to flourish. May you take a walk in the dark and run into the Blackthorn!!!

52 minutes ago, Child of Hodor said:

Elend: Boring

Agread Vin should have ended up with Spook

Also anyone else noticed the lack of upvotes around places like this but the plethora in positive or lovey threads?

Edited by Karger

Kelsier: The main thing I hate about him is the fact that HE DIDN'T JUST GO TO THE BEYOND WITH MARE!!! HE JUST HAD TO REBEL AND PUCH GOD IN THE FACE!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON'T NEED TO TRAUMATIZE POOR SPOOK EVEN MORE JUST SO YOU CAN LIVE AGAIN AND RUIN MORE PEOPLE'S LIVES!!!!!! AAAAHHHHH

Thank you for this opportunity to rant @Bigmikey357:D

13 minutes ago, John203 said:

Is this autocorrect, or did I miss someone important?

Ok, sorry for the ninja edit, but what I originally typed here was literally going to pour gasoline on this thread.

Triangle is a reference to a situation in the books rather than characters.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

I think Kaladin is actually very boring. If it wasn’t for the rest of Bridge Four, I would likely have given up on Stormlight.

Same here. I loved the bridge 4 chapters, but I didn't like Kaladin that much. He was too moody and deppresed all the time. I know he has deppresion (Who can blame him) but it's too much.

2 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

I think Kaladin is actually very boring. If it wasn’t for the rest of Bridge Four, I would likely have given up on Stormlight.

Yeah, Brandon wrote annotations for Part 1 of tWoK and he said Kaladin did not work without Syl.

https://brandonsanderson.com/category/annotations/the-way-of-kings-annotations/

He wanted to accurately portray depression and challenge is an accurate portrayal would be them not doing much and feeling terrible all the time.

Syl was moved over from another story so that Kaladin’s Part 1 chapters were bearable.

I think that’s why Moashs arc in OB drags for me. He’s depressed and oppressed but there is no Syl.