The Ten New Orders

AngryMistspren

Okay, I’m going to lay out a character sheet so that we can start soon. Also, regular RP rules apply. No godmodding.

Spoiler

Character Name - Isri Whitebane

Physiology - Short and Lean of body, with little muscle to speak of. She has jet black hair and dark blue eyes. Her arms are generally covered with bruises, as she enjoys to wrestle her fellow Radiants, even though she is not very good. 

Personality - different from most of her order, Isri is a fiery woman who enjoys visiting new places and meeting new people. Isri also has a quick temper, especially around those that she is close with. Her friends are what usually keep her out of trouble, as she has a reckless streak. However, Isri occasionally falls into a spiral of self-loathing, based on her feelings of inadequacy. She also is generally laid back, lest she accidentally drives someone away. Finally, Isri is not self-assertive with her friends, so she could easily succumb to peer pressure.

Backstory - TBD, as I’m hoping to maybe forge it as we go.

Powers - Isri is a Starsinger Radiant of the third oath, and therefore is in possession of a blade, that she prefers to use as a staff or a dagger. Her skills in combat are underwhelming, to say the least, as most of her order looks down on violence. However, Isri is still keen to learn, so she often looks to other orders that could teach her. Isri also has skill navigating Shadesmar, which is one of the first things that Starsingers teach their recruits. At the moment, Isri is forbidden the surge of Amplification, due to an unfortunate accident on the training grounds. In regards to her oaths, Isri has promised to her Spren that she would never break them, but she also would not strive for them like most other Radiants. She has chosen to take every oath as it comes to her, and is nowhere near swearing her fourth oath. 

Spren - The name of Isri’s Spren is Fidelity, and she is a female Guidespren with a personality that reflects her bond mates, though slightly more subdued. Fidelity looks like a vortex in the air, with a nebulous center, which represents her eye. Her voice is generally melodic, and expresses emotion very easily. She has a fundamental understanding of less concrete ideas, and has trouble with solidity. The kinship between Fidelity and Isri is powerful, and Fidelity definitely cares for her human. Once again compared to her human, they are both outcasts in their order, as they don’t always follow the rules.

Alright! I have no idea if I missed anything, but I’m kind of proud of this.

I'm thinking about doing a freedom based Order. 

EDIT: So, do you want a to use a different thread for the actually RPing or what?

Also character sheet.

Spoiler

Name: Jilien (goes by Ji)

Race: Rosharian Human

Order: Order of Worldshapers, second oath, close to achieving her third.

Spren: A Balancespren named Illio

Appearance: Tallish young woman with a delicate face, dark purple eyes, and reddish hair. Usually wears a long dark grey coat over a button-up shirt, vest, and trousers.

Personality: Levelheaded, enjoys arguing but is quick to switch sides and defend something as she sees fit. Gregarious, enjoys the company of all sorts and is quick to make friends and allies. She is fairly charismatic and has an okay sense of humor.

History: Born to a darkeyed soldier in the Knights Radiant army. When she was very young, her father was recruited into the ranks of the Knights for his free spirit and defensive nature. At this point, their family moved to Urithiru. When she was 14, her father was killed by a Blood Blade who took his weapon (he was Second Ideal). This sent her into a deep depression for years, until she finally found peace in arguing with others. She developed a unique style of arguing, jumping from side to side at seemingly random times.  

Edited by Dr. Dapper

This isn't your RP. Also, we can make the orders however we want. Dude, I do not want to be out numbered 7 orders to 3. These guys wont even be that dark, compared to BB. They are fine.

Spoiler

Knowledge Seekers

Description: The Knowledge Seekers want all knowledge, and they don't care how. They are an order only in the sense that they all want the same thing: to know everything. They steal, sabotage, and assassinate each other to make sure that they do not know more than them. They take apprentices, but only to use as weapons. If an apprentice ever come to a point where they are threat to their master, they are eliminated. They are not power hungry, but many recognize that ruling the world would bring them to their goals much easier. They don't know which side will win, so in the Radiant Civil War, they are on both sides.

Oaths:

1. Knowledge before life, knowledge before strength, knowledge before all
  2. I will always seek more knowledge, at whatever cost.
  3. The ignorant are not worth my time, and should not be assisted. If they are not smart enough to deal with it themselves, than those that are should not waste their time.
  4. Anywho oppose my gathering of knowledge will be destroyed.
  5. I will rely on subtly and strategy, not brute force to achieve my goals. Others should be made to achieve my goals, while I reap the rewards.

Surges:

Alchemy: The ability to alter objects and people, giving them abilities, and enhancements. Different from souldcasting, as it i not instantaneous, and is not completely controllable. Unless completely micromanaged, on everything it does, odd things can occur. Altered life forms can breed.

Knowing: The ability to rip knowledge out of a mind, or text, without interrogation, or reading. With the text, with enough stormlight, and skill, it can decypher, or decode any language, and code. With a person, with enough stormlight, and enough skill, they can breach past any lies given, and rip the knowledge directly from their mind.

Spren: Control spren. They are the spren of complete knowledge, and power. Their definition of power is that people follow, or they can manipulate, not brute force.

Shards: Since Knowledge Seekers don't really fight, their shardblades are almost always in the forms of quills, or dissection knives. Their plate is usually in the for of a cloak, or something of the like.

Stipulations: Don't have a backstory about being raised by a ton of these guys, as hey don't work together and anyone who is amember of this guild, is going to be mostly non combative. That's pretty much it.

Spoiler

Order of Lovestrikers

The Lovestrikers can easily be considered the most passionate of the Knights Radiant, for obvious reasons. They follow the Ideals of Passion (not the Rayse-y kind!), and strive to follow what they believe in or desire. Lovestrikers tend to be very close to their spren and those around them, which is reflected in their Surges and common fighting styles. 

Surges: Adhesion and Division 

Oaths:

1. Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination
  2. I will devote myself to my loved ones
  3. That which I believe is the truth
  4. My connections give me strength
  5. My passions give me power

Spren: Relationspren

On 3/13/2019 at 6:00 PM, Darth Sir Woodrack Groot said:

This isn't your RP. Also, we can make the orders however we want. Dude, I do not want to be out numbered 7 orders to 3. These guys wont even be that dark, compared to BB. They are fine.

Hide contents

Knowledge Seekers

Description: The Knowledge Seekers want all knowledge, and they don't care how. They are an order only in the sense that they all want the same thing: to know everything. They steal, sabotage, and assassinate each other to make sure that they do not know more than them. They take apprentices, but only to use as weapons. If an apprentice ever come to a point where they are threat to their master, they are eliminated. They are not power hungry, but many recognize that ruling the world would bring them to their goals much easier. They don't know which side will win, so in the Radiant Civil War, they are on both sides.

Oaths:

1. Knowledge before life, knowledge before strength, knowledge before all
  2. I will always seek more knowledge, at whatever cost.
  3. The ignorant are not worth my time, and should not be assisted. If they are not smart enough to deal with it themselves, than those that are should not waste their time.
  4. Anywho oppose my gathering of knowledge will be destroyed.
  5. I will rely on subtly and strategy, not brute force to achieve my goals. Others should be made to achieve my goals, while I reap the rewards.

Surges:

Alchemy: The ability to alter objects and people, giving them abilities, and enhancements. Different from souldcasting, as it i not instantaneous, and is not completely controllable. Unless completely micromanaged, on everything it does, odd things can occur. Altered life forms can breed.

Knowing: The ability to rip knowledge out of a mind, or text, without interrogation, or reading. With the text, with enough stormlight, and skill, it can decypher, or decode any language, and code. With a person, with enough stormlight, and enough skill, they can breach past any lies given, and rip the knowledge directly from their mind.

Spren: Control spren. They are the spren of complete knowledge, and power. Their definition of power is that people follow, or they can manipulate, not brute force.

Shards: Since Knowledge Seekers don't really fight, their shardblades are almost always in the forms of quills, or dissection knives. Their plate is usually in the for of a cloak, or something of the like.

Stipulations: Don't have a backstory about being raised by a ton of these guys, as hey don't work together and anyone who is amember of this guild, is going to be mostly non combative. That's pretty much it.

Moonborn and Chaos Mages won't ally with them. But it's your choice.

Chaos Mage:

Surges: Lifeline and Ritual. Lifeline is the literal ability to convert a person (body, mind, and spirit) into investiture, normally stormlight. And, with enough knowledge and enough stormlight, create a creature. Ritual surge is complicated. It allows one to follow set rituals for set powers. Rituals can be created with incredible amounts of stormlight, held within multiple people, at least ten, within a highstorm.

Rituals: Blast, an explosion created by mixing an ounce of human blood, a crushed cremling, and a cut blade of grass, using stormlight to start the blast. For more power, you can double the parts, or triple them, etc. Bind, a set of mental boundaries placed in someone's mind, literally making their body incapable of either doing or thinking something. It requires a dead horse, a dead axehound, and a dead whitespine placed around the target in a triangle, lines of blood connecting them, a star inked into their head in tattoo form, made of cremling blood, a long incantation, and a description of the binding in either writing or words. Meld, a mental connection in up to five people, allowing them to share investiture, thoughts, and emotions. It makes them, for one week, equivalent to one incredibly intelligent person, controlling multiple bodies. It takes the mingled blood of all members in a glass bowl, mixed with gold shavings and a dead chull head, all mashed together. If one person dies, their soul goes to the beyond, the body dies, but the mental capacity and memories are split between the survivors. Whisp, using a dead animal, five ounces of human blood, and the equivalent amount of stormlight from fifteen lashings, one can create a stormlight replication of the animal, which glow about as much as a lightbulb, and can be controlled with the mind of the maker. They last as long as the maker wants them to. Storm, a targeted lightning blast created by drizzling a gemstone on the end of a staff in your own blood. Wild, taking a horse corpse, stabbing it with a staff with a gemstone on the end, it creates a dark wolf servant, made of smoke, able to burn with a touch. Hunt, using an intancation and a chain, you can turn them into serpents to attack your enemies, and turn into chains again when you want.

Oaths:

Death creates life, knowledge is power, self before other

I will sacrifice anything for my goals

I will take life when I need

Order is meaningless, and I will not be entrapped

I am the only thing that matters

Spren: Magespren

So, for imaging:

Appearance:

Viren_Official.png.1269973c2ada9c90e9213a0b06e6df7f.png

Dark wolf:

Magic-11-300x169.jpg.40bab798f1f610dd43a194912d65c3ba.jpg

1 hour ago, Element of Chaos said:

Moonborn and Chaos Mages won't ally with them. But it's your choice.

So, that is you're problem, not mine. They are allied with BB, and if you won't ally with them for out of character reasons, than you are breaching the basic rules of RP. So, if you don't ally with them for stupid, out of character reasons because you think you should have monopoly on evil, then you are just proving your pettiness.

• 10 months later...

Ark and I came up with two.

The Beast Masters and the Taskmasters.

If we can rez this, then I figure we can make them.

Spoiler

Beast Master

Description: Caring more for nature than anything else, the beast masters live in the untamed forests, and tame the creatures that live there. The are the alpha predators, maintaining the natural order of the wild above all else. They stalk in the forests, not caring about the Radiant Civil War, only caring about their forests. They creep along, and by the time you notice one, there are thirty encircling you, by the time you are attacked, you are hopelessly outnumbered. Not even the Blood Blades will willingly fight a Beast Master, unless the Best Master is hopelessly out of their element, and alone. The Beast Masters work in a tight pack community, protecting themselves.

1. Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
  2. I will preserve nature before all else.
  3. My pack is my life. I will protect it above my life.
  4. I will take what I need, not what I want.
  5. One is weak, many are strong. I will be strong with my pack, and my pack with me.

Surges

Stalking: This increases all senses, similar to tin, allowing the Beast Master to hunt with incredible efficiency. It specifically allows them to see in the dark very effectively, and smell anything they are hunting very effectively. A secondary effect is that it increases their mobility, greatly increasing their speed, reflexes, and jump height. This makes them near as fast as a Blood Blade is strong.

Communing: The ability to communicate with other members of the order. With a small amount of stormlight, they can telepathically communicate with other members of the order, able to increase the range with more stormlight. In a Highstorm, they re able to communicate across the continent. Once they reach the fourth oath, they can commune with nature, speaking to beasts and plants. They can summon an army of beasts, cause the trees to move, a stunning display of power.

Spren: Wild Spren. The wolves of Shadesmar. Wild, cryptic like shapes, bearing distinct similarity to wolves and wildcats, hunting down other spren for sport, playing an eternal game.

Shards: Their shard blades are generally longer ranged than the average shard, with chakram, shain daggers, and spears being popular. Their plate resembles wild creatures, with wolven and feline helmet. It shifts color based on their surroundings, increasing their stealth capabilities.

Stipulations: Any character made in this order would not care about the war, and if they do would not be above the second oath. You may develop higher oaths later, but at this time it is not known that it is possible to make another group your pack.

Edited by Darth Woodrack

• 4 months later...

I propose: Soilsearchers

Surges of abrasion and cohesion

Spren: groundspren

Oaths:

1. Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.

2. I will know my limits.

3. I will identify who most needs my help and serve them first.

4. I will allow help from others.

5. I will respect a person's right to refuse help.

Basically, I'm playing with Windrunner mentalities here, with a touch of Edgedancer and Truthwatcher in there, too. Empathetic and driven people fit the Order of the Soilsearchers, and are typically associated with the care of patients, whether that be they're a medic, an engineer of safety devices, etc. Note that they do not have Progression and thus cannot use Stormlight to heal others. This forces them to rely on other tactics of helping others, all the while they have a more effective method of healing for themselves - this aligns poignantly with their oaths of learning self-care and learning to coral their empathy within reason, I think.

I just whipped this together on the fly, just like 5 or 10 minutes, so.... how'd I do? XD

Edited by LittleMoss

Behold! My Grainmarshalls!

Surges of Gravitation and Cohesion.

Spren: Skyeels.

Oaths:

1: Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before pancakes (DESTINATION! BEGONE, LOPEN)

2: I will free those who cannot be freed

3: I will search for freedom in others

4: I will find my own freedom

5: I am freedom

I was thinking of how cool it would be to change the shapes of things but also Lash them wherever, which gave me the idea of freedom. Basically, a Grainmarshall will originally free others from bonds (either physical, cognitive, or spiritual), but they must learn the nature of freedom in others, as some people have different ideas of freedom, and some people are even content not being freed. By the fourth ideal, a Grainmarshall must learn to allow others to find freedom for themselves, and by the fifth they've found their own freedom in a very Elsecaller-y way.