The Ten New Orders

AngryMistspren

My name is Angry Mistspren, and I have always been just slightly dissatisfied with the ten orders that Lord Sanderson created for his Stormlight Archives Series. Not to shame Sanderson, but sometimes I wish that I could make my own order of Radiant. That’s likely why I made this thread, in order to share my ideas and also role play as these new orders. To be clear, I intended this to be an Alternate Universe of SA, where the orders are replaced by new ones. Also, I will only be imagining one myself, to leave this open for anyone who wants to join. In honesty, this may not go anywhere, and that will be fine. I just want to tell a story.

If anyone cares, I’m gonna slip into my RP personality and start my own story.

a reasonably tall young woman walks up to the door of a derilect building, with a run-down sign on the front reading Blackbane Tavern. The young woman smiles forlornly at her building and enters, careful not to get splinters on the broken wood. Her eyes dart around to the disgusting floors and few resources. She sighs, and then sets to work. There are many lit spheres throughout the room, bathing it in an ambient light. Isri always loved working by Stormlight. As she sweeps away a set of broken glasses, she feels a sharp pain in her hand. The sudden sting is enough to elicit a gasp, and the light in the room noticeably dims. Isri pays no mind to this, but small, floating spren beside her does.

Ooh. New order!

Moonborn

Surges: Illumination, Manipulation

Manipulation surge: The ability to reform the shape, color, etc. of the body

Oaths:

Death for life, destruction with meaning, strength before all

I will not kill for my own amusement

I will follow a master, and kill who they wish

I will hide my identity from all but my master, as well as I can

I will become a master in my own right, and train as I deem fit

Spren: Shadowspren

Description: The order tends to choose Moonborn masters, and train Moonborn apprentices, but it is possible to find one serving another order, or training another order, or both. The order has a hierarchy of oaths, because masters have a master, going up and up.

*wheeze* 

Ok, you've got me... I'll post my own stuff. 

Spoiler

The Order of Worldshapers.

Among those who can bond a spren, few are able to join this order. The spren they bond are few in number. Their members are also unique among the Knights Radiant, representing balance. With this balance, comes strife with other orders, for the Worldshapers see all sides of a conflict and feel the harmony present in all things. They will fight to restore balance, but not to upset

They manipulate the Surges of Transformation and Replication

Transformation

(Soulcasting)

Replication

(The ability to detect and replicate Investiture sources using Stormlight)

Oaths:
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. 

I will seek to create Balance with my every action.

I will defend Balance when it needs to be defended. 

I will find a greater Balance in myself, and raise it to its highest form. 

I will know the Balance in all things, and bring it to its most perfect form.

Spren: Balancespren

Edited by Dr. Dapper

Hey! I was simply wondering if I could use the Transportation Surge in my order, as well as maybe borrowing one of your unique ones Dapper. Sorry, it was just that I had a similar idea for one of my surges, and every order shares it’s surge with another. If that isn’t okay than alright! I do have quite a few ideas ;)

Two things. One, I finished the Blood Blades, and they are down below. Two, can I do a second one? That was really fun.

Spoiler

Blood Blades

Description: The strongest of the orders in terms of destruction and power, the Blood Blades waged war against everyone they came across. They conquer lands, and slaughter indiscriminately, killing indiscriminately. All those who are strong, seek power, and relish destruction can be chosen, and their endless legions of acolytes, all hopeful that a dragonspren will chose them are the source of their greatest strength.

Oaths

1. Death for Death, Strong before the Weak, Conquest never peace.
  2. I will dominate the weak, and become their ruler
  3. All those who oppose me will die a horrible death
  4. I will kill my rival, and take a trophy
  5. I will never cease my war, and burn anywho I see fit.

Surges:

Incineration: The ability to summon great waves of fire to wash over, and burn all those that oppose them, in the cleansing fire of the dragonspren

Power: The ability to multiply their strength and other stormlight enhancements beyond any who would think to challenge them. Also strengthens their shardplate so it doesn't crack when they hit things.

Spren: Dragonspren, the spren of destruction and conquest. In shadesmar, they are one of the only spren who grow with their bound. When they are not bound, they are the size of a cremling, with wins, and breathing fire. When they bind, the become the size of an anger spren, with the same shape. As they increase in oaths, they become bigger, and stronger, until the fifth oath where they are massive beings of destruction that destroy any in their way.

Shards: They are always blood red, and their shard blades are traditionally giant scimitars, but they can be anything.

Details: The hierarchy of the Blood blades is that of the strong leading the weak. All blood blades are higher than those who are not, and the higher oath, they higher rank. The backstab, challenge, and civil war among themselves, with their Emperor, the great Blood King, watching them kill each other, and destroying any who challenge him, with his two shardblades. One his own, and another one of a third oath Blood Blade who betrayed the order, to join another. That man is dead. The rule half a continent, and their territory is always growing, as they march across the land. There are always those who want power.

Stipulations: I would request that no one start as a blood blade higher than the third oath. You  can be in the process of becoming a fourth oath, but I don't want anyone just staring as a fifth oath, just to destroy my Blood King character, and taking over. Other than that, follow the rp rules,and have fun.

Alright! I think that I’m finished, so I’m going to post this 

Spoiler

The Order of Starsingers

Starsingers are among the more scholarly orders, though not all members fall into this type. However, the largest common factor between individual Starsingers is a fascination with the unknown. They are generally calm people, but there are some firecrackers in the mix. As said, Starsingers often have the compulsion to learn the stories or facts about the people around them. It is known that experienced Starsingers could often be found investigating other planets, or spending time in Shadesmar.

Starsingers utilize the surges of Transportation and Resonation

Transportation - mini perpendicularity creation

Amplification  - amplification is a surge similar to the effects of duralumin on Scadrial, or nicrosil on Scadrial. It enhances the effects of any investiture around it, as well as investiture expended in the user of the surge. Skilled users of Amplification as a combative art can make vibrations and waves of any kind stronger.

Oaths -

Life Before Death, Strength Before Weakness, Journey Before destination

I will give my all on the efforts of my work 

My passion will guide me to be stronger 

I will go farther than I ever thought I could 

My passion will lead me to the infinite fruits of my labors, and I will relish that destination.

Spren - Guidespren

Minor Spren - Starspren

Hope this is OK

So, a few points. One, I’m going to say that the orders are probably around in force Secondly, the Blood Blades are at odds with the other nine orders, and they are at war. (I really don’t think that the Blood Blades’ creed matches the rest of the Orders. Unless, of course, more evil orders are developed, then they might join up with the BB)  So, the KR control Urithiru and everything east of it, while the BB control the rest of Roshar.

(all subject to your approval, of course)

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

So, a few points. One, I’m going to say that the orders are probably around in force Secondly, the Blood Blades are at odds with the other nine orders, and they are at war. (I really don’t think that the Blood Blades’ creed matches the rest of the Orders. Unless, of course, more evil orders are developed, then they might join up with the BB)  So, the KR control Urithiru and everything east of it, while the BB control the rest of Roshar.

(all subject to your approval, of course)

I agree with this.

Actually before I read the entire opener, so last night, I thought the old orders still existed, we were just adding ten new orders, so I was going to have the BB initiate a Windrunner Purge, where it caused a radiant civil war, with these being the only two sides I made in my head; BB and MB allies, and Skybreakers siding with Windrunners. I just wanted to say this, because it sounded cool in my head.

So, can I do another one? I'll be cool if you say know, I was just wondering.

Edited by Darth Sir Woodrack Groot