9 minutes ago, Bluest said:

Briar didn't look at them for long. She was worried about the wolf.

“You should put that sword down,” the Big Bad Wolf said. If this ghost hadn’t been here, it would have pounced on the Princess, ripped her apart, but now, his plans were all ruined. He still remained a healthy distance away from the ghost, and by measure, the Princess.

It looked at the ghost again and shivered. He wasn’t scared. He wouldn’t be scared. Hastily he raised his head and tried looking the ghost right in the eyes challengingly, before flinching and looking back down.

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Oh and I'm Solona by the way. Forgot to tell you my name."

"Do we want to be friends?"

He was caught back by the ghost’s cheerfulness. “We can be friends,” he said. “If you allow me to eat the one behind you. Then we’d really be friends. Best friends, actually.”

Solona grinned and then stopped.

"Wait. So the wolf will be my friend if I let him eat the princess, and the princess, if I'm not friends with the wolf."

She played with her keys for a while, caught in the conflict.

"But can't we all be friends? You could someone else. The tree maybe."

"And you, do you have dresses? Glittering dresses?"

She asked Briar.

@I think I am here.

@Bluest

25 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Solona grinned and then stopped.

"Wait. So the wolf will be my friend if I let him eat the princess, and the princess, if I'm not friends with the wolf."

She played with her keys for a while, caught in the conflict.

"But can't we all be friends? You could someone else. The tree maybe."

"And you, do you have dresses? Glittering dresses?"

She asked Briar.

@I think I am here.

@Bluest

“I’m friends with the tree though,” the Big Bad Wolf said, smiling. “And look, I never betray my friends. So you should be my friend.” He considered advancing, but the ghost, Solona, still frightened him to some degree. “And I can be the Princess’ friend too, if she’s fine with being eaten. And plus, I can teach you how to be scary if you become my friend.”

This ghost was naive, it seemed. The Big Bad Wolf could use that.

10 minutes ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

Yls loved watching this. She loved confusion. She loved it because she could use it. The Wolf was friends with a tree? She wasn't expecting that.

The Big Bad Wolf noticed the Fox hanging back, and looked to her. “She’s not your friend, is she?” He said to Solona. “Maybe I should just eat her.”

32 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The Big Bad Wolf noticed the Fox hanging back, and looked to her. “She’s not your friend, is she?” He said to Solona. “Maybe I should just eat her.”

Solona nodded.

"You can eat her, if it means we are friends?"

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Solona nodded.

"You can eat her, if it means we are friends?"

“Yes, good friends,” the Big Bad Wolf said, then leaned down. “But you know what real friends do? They help each other. Would you, my Solona friend, help me hunt down that fox? It could be practise on how to be scary.”

6 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Yes, good friends,” the Big Bad Wolf said, then leaned down. “But you know what real friends do? They help each other. Would you, my Solona friend, help me hunt down that fox? It could be practise on how to be scary.”

Solona flew in a spiral.

"Sure! I'd love to learn to be scary. And we leave the other three alone, I like them."

Enthusiastically she attempted to hug the wolf.

Just now, Sorana said:

Solona flew in a spiral.

"Sure! I'd love to learn to be scary. And we leave the other three alone, I like them."

Enthusiastically she attempted to hug the wolf.

The Big Bad Wolf shied away immediately at the ghost flying towards him, but stopped when he realised he wasn’t in any harm. Solona attempted to hug him and he slowly moved forward into it, as the ghost’s hug passed through him. He turned, and looked towards the fox and smiled eerily. “Let’s hunt then,” he said, and then charged through the thick forested darkness, towards the fox.

@Kelsier'sGodComplex

Reamas was very confused. Now, talking animals were a part of his daily life, but a ghost and wolf in a three-piece suit were definitely not. Not to mention the dwarf muttering words of power, or the girl with a sword drawn.

“Can someone please tell me what’s going on here?”

"Fly away birdie," Briar said. "Unless you want to get eaten."

She didn't trust this new man and his associate; she couldn't read his expression, which was dangerous because it meant she couldn't tell what he was going to do. Any time you can tell what your enemy is going to do, you have an advantage over them. That was an advantage she relied on when she went out of the castle.

For all her waving of pointy metal sticks, Briar was actually a really bad fighter. She could hardly disarm a dummy, much less an actual opponent. It was bravado that kept her safe all these years, not excellence. People tended to back off when you point a sword at their throat.

Other than his expression, he just looked like trouble. Like those guys who pretend they saved you from a danger they themselves set up just so they could steal even more when you've put your guard down. To say the least, Briar did not trust this guy.

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

The Big Bad Wolf shied away immediately at the ghost flying towards him, but stopped when he realised he wasn’t in any harm. Solona attempted to hug him and he slowly moved forward into it, as the ghost’s hug passed through him. He turned, and looked towards the fox and smiled eerily. “Let’s hunt then,” he said, and then charged through the thick forested darkness, towards the fox.

@Kelsier'sGodComplex

Yls watched the Wolf staring down at her. Her heart was racing. She couldn' show fear though. She had a reputation. She quickly came up with a response, "Solona can't help you, you know. She's a ghost. She's lying to you." She hoped that this would confuse the Wolf. 

Rumplestiltskin finished. The air crackled.

He sighed. "That should keep us safe for now."

He took a look at the man. Silvery light crackled across his hand. Involuntarily, he shivered.

Powerful magic. But's what's the price?

There had to be one. All magic had a price. That shield spell he had just cast would have likely taken one of his gold coins from his pocket, kept there for that exact purpose. That (or other golden items) was the most commonly used method, but there were other, darker ways.

What sort of worldbuilding do you have so far, @Dr. Dapper?

2 hours ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

Yls watched the Wolf staring down at her. Her heart was racing. She couldn' show fear though. She had a reputation. She quickly came up with a response, "Solona can't help you, you know. She's a ghost. She's lying to you." She hoped that this would confuse the Wolf. 

“I don’t care,” the Big Bad Wolf said as it ran and approached the Fox. They stood meters from each other, and the Wolf stepped forward hungrily. “But I don’t mess with ghosts. And since this particular ghost has no specific objections to me eating you, I figured that’s exactly what I’ll do.”

He bared his teeth in the dark and smiled. “And I haven’t had a Fox in a while.”

"What do I do?"

Solona asked him cheerfully. She waved at princess, she had asked her something? Maybe?

Grinning she tried to pat the wolf's shoulder. The fox was speaking, but it was telling the wolf, she couldn't help. But she could.

"What do I do?"

She repeated and flew towards the fox.

"Hi fox. My friend will eat you, and teach me how to be scary. That's so exciting. I hope you don't mind, but you're a fox and you can always go on hiding afterwards."

@Gancho Libre, sorry for not answering earlier, but I guess Robin Hood is enough of a legend to be close to a fairy tale, so sure, you can join. Also. I'm kinda just assuming Rumpelstiltskin's charm is around Briar too. 

Briar tried to step forward defensively in response to the bird's threat, but she couldn't. Briar ran into an invisible wall. What was with her and running into things today? Might as well use it to it's fullest.

Briar raised an eyebrow, regaining her composure. "Is that a threat, little songbird?" Man, she was hoping the shield wouldn't break. She also was hoping that the silvery light wasn't painful. However, hoping had never gotten her anywhere. Bravado, though that had saved her several times...

The wolf's threats to Yls temporarily free Briar's attention. He was about to eat the poor thing. Oh well, she wasn't too attached to it anyways. It didn't seem to matter to anyone else though, which was sad. Briar had her own problems, but if she had time, she would save the fox.

So I did some building on this topic on my way home today. So, each magic user forms a bond with an animal spirit. The sppirit grants the person magic, along with a few other things. The type of spirit one bonds is related to their personality. Now Reamas and the rest of his team (who you'll meet later) have mastered their bonds, and their magic. They've had the bond for a while. In the begining, it's a constant battle with the spirit for control. This is called the "Wild Stage" and usually occours soon after bonding.

Reamas raised an eyebrow "I thought I told you not to call me that." he muttered. Light crackled around him some of it becoming vapor and rising away. His hair changed from its usual greyish brown to a silvery-gray almost the same shade as the light and stood up, looking like silver flames.

Edited by Dr. Dapper

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"What do I do?"

Solona asked him cheerfully. She waved at princess, she had asked her something? Maybe?

Grinning she tried to pat the wolf's shoulder. The fox was speaking, but it was telling the wolf, she couldn't help. But she could.

"What do I do?"

She repeated and flew towards the fox.

"Hi fox. My friend will eat you, and teach me how to be scary. That's so exciting. I hope you don't mind, but you're a fox and you can always go on hiding afterwards."

The Big Bad Wolf realised Solona might not have had an idea on how death worked, but he wasn’t going to correct her. “Yes, she will always be able to hide afterwards. And I promise I’ll only eat her once.”

He smiled and looked to Solona.

“You have to make sure she doesn’t run away. Maybe growl like this.” He growled and showed his teeth. “Like that.”

"Okay, okay," Briar said, starting to worry that the sheild wouldn't hold against this guy. "I get it, you don't like the nickname." She then muttered under her breath, "Don't get your feathers in a twist.

"You obviously are a very powerful guy and deserve my respect, so how about we put down our hands and talk." She wanted to get this fight over with. Briar could hold her own in small fights against people her own size, but this guy- plus his magic and his goon- was way out of her league. The silvery light worried her. He had said "if you value your sanity". Not your life, your sanity. She knew she couldn't die yet, so his threat was that much scarier. Then again, Briar was already questioning if her sanity was intact after today. Who knew, maybe it wasn't.

Edited by Bluest

12 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

The Big Bad Wolf realised Solona might not have had an idea on how death worked, but he wasn’t going to correct her. “Yes, she will always be able to hide afterwards. And I promise I’ll only eat her once.”

He smiled and looked to Solona.

“You have to make sure she doesn’t run away. Maybe growl like this.” He growled and showed his teeth. “Like that.”

As qucik as a blink, Yls grabbed her pup by scruff and jumped into the nearest tree. The wolf was too heavy to follow her. "Foxes are very patient you know. We'll be up here a while."

Edited by Kelsier'sGodComplex
typo

3 hours ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

As qucik as a blink, Yls grabbed her pup by scruff and jumped into the nearest tree. The wolf was too heavy to follow her. "Foxes are very patient you know. We'll be up here a while."

The Big Bad Wolf shook his head. “You have to eat. You have to drink eventually.” He looked up at the fox and her pup.

“So come down that tree, or I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow it all down anyway.” He licked his lips.

Edited by I think I am here.