The docks (and beyond)

xinoehp512

He will. But if you want to save him, your welcome to try.

He just had to pull the trigger. Csilen looked at the breadmunk. “What have I got left?” he inquired. “Nobody. Nothing.” He laughed a bit as Connection emanated from him. “Nobody would even care if another constable like me faded away into nothing.” He felt the gun against his head, crying.

Edited by I think I am here.

Thought sat beside AJ. She had felt suicides before. It was painful and she had tried to keep away from them, but the amount of emotion they entailed was attractive to her. It was like trying to keep two powerful magnets from each other. She sat down beside AJ, gripping his hand tight tightly. "Just let it happen."

It was a whisper. Not even that. A fraction of one. Csilen cried, and cried. He was insane too. Hearing the fugitive’s voice in his head, whispering, pretending it actually cared about him. If you’re really there, Csilen told as he petted the breadmunk. His only friend. Then I want to let you know how much I hate you.

And with a primal roar and cry of all emotions in one he supertapped every single metal one on him at once, sending a surge pf Connection in every direction before bringing the gun to his head one last time.

“AAAAAAAAAAHHH—”

BA-BANG!

And the Connection faded.

Tom was silent for a moment. Then he stood up and walked over the wheel of vials he had been at earlier.

He came back with another one of the red vials. He sat down and held it out to AJ.
~~~~~~
Meanwhile...
A woman stood contemplating the landscape.
It was a barren and lifeless place, where she stood. Strange, in some ways. But in others, not strange at all.
Behind her, the shape of a man suddenly appeared. She turned to face him.
She raised an eyebrow, but her face remained expressionless.
"Hello, Csilen." she said.
Edited by xinoehp512

20 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:
Meanwhile...
A woman stood contemplating the landscape.
It was a barren and lifeless place, where she stood. Strange, in some ways. But in others, not strange at all.
Behind her, the shape of a man suddenly appeared. She turned to face him.
She raised an eyebrow, but her face remained expressionless.
"Hello, Csilen." she said.

Csilen’s hand reached for his pistol but nothing was there. 

“Who are you? Where am I?” He asked, his face dry from the tears he’d she’d onky moments earlier.

Tom nodded. “Where were we… Ah, yes. The group had finally gotten back together.

“It was then that we asked the essential question; what are we going to do? We were all in agreement that something needed to change; none of us had wanted eternal life in the first place, especially not the way we had received it.. It was also obvious that we needed to get the Key, because no other object could lift or modify the spell placed on our souls.

“But what would we do with the key? Samika and Ralvon thought we should just unlock ourselves and let ourselves pass away naturally, even suggesting finding a way to destroy the Key entirely. Nialliv and Aurora disagreed, and thought that we should use the Key to form a society where those who did well in life were rewarded with rebirth if they so desired.

“None of them thought that the Key could do any more than it had done. Why should it? We had followed all the instructions that had been given to us. There hadn’t been anything that explicitly said that it prevented you from dying, after all.

“But you and I thought differently. In our opinion, the Key hadn’t worked the way we had expected it to not because it had been designed that way, but because something important had been removed from it. If we could find that important piece and restore it, we could make ourselves truly immortal, immune to aging and death.

“Each idea had drawbacks; Samika’s and Ralvon’s idea was drastic, Nialliv and Aurora’s idea strayed into moral-grey-area territory, and mine and your idea might not even be possible. We argued about it for a long time, but in the end, we decided that we should find the Key before we made any decisions.

“It was fairly easy to get the Key, far easier than even we expected. The land around it had changed, but not much, and all the traps and challenges inside were the same. We had bypassed them before without knowing what they were; with the experience we had gained from that time, along with the additional help that we had picked up, it was a cakewalk. Before we knew it, we had reached the central chamber, gotten the Key, and escaped.

“If any of us had hoped that the journey would somehow change the others minds, we were disappointed. Before we had even escaped the vault, the argument started back up again. Having the Key made no difference; in fact, it probably made the argument worse. At one point, Samika almost sent herself to the Beyond. If it hadn’t been for you, I doubt we would have made it all out alive.

“But you were able to keep Samika from committing suicide and calm everyone else down. You were able to convince the others to at least give me a chance to prove my belief. You were able to remind us all of why we had been seeking after the Key in the first place. And most importantly, you were able to awaken the sense of unity as a team that we had felt in our first lives.”

He paused, and let out a sigh. “We would need that unity in the years to come.”

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You're dead." The woman's lips turned up slightly. "That's typically what happens when you shoot yourself in the head."

@I think I am here.

“That didn’t answer any of my questions,” Csilen said to the woman. “I asked who you were - and where I am. Afterlife?”

He tried tapping Connection but his metalminds were bone-dry with what he’d done before.

“And what does that make you?”

The woman raised her eyebrows. "I suppose you could call this an afterlife. But to be honest, it's not supposed to be more that a stopping point on the way to the real afterlife.

"As for me? I am called many things. But today, right now, I am your savior."

On 3/9/2019 at 11:53 PM, I think I am here. said:

It was a whisper. Not even that. A fraction of one. Csilen cried, and cried. He was insane too. Hearing the fugitive’s voice in his head, whispering, pretending it actually cared about him. If you’re really there, Csilen told as he petted the breadmunk. His only friend. Then I want to let you know how much I hate you.

And with a primal roar and cry of all emotions in one he supertapped every single metal one on him at once, sending a surge pf Connection in every direction before bringing the gun to his head one last time.

“AAAAAAAAAAHHH—”

BA-BANG!

And the Connection faded.

really did miss something, didn't I.

Edited by ElendVenture

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The woman raised her eyebrows. "I suppose you could call this an afterlife. But to be honest, it's not supposed to be more that a stopping point on the way to the real afterlife.

"As for me? I am called many things. But today, right now, I am your savior."

Csilen crosses his arms.

“I don’t need a saviour,” he said drily. “Best for me to get wherever the hell I need to go anyway.”

He looked around, to get a grasp of where he was. “So whatever you thought you needed to save me from, ma’am, it’s nothing. At all.”

47 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Behind him stood a group of men. Csilen's men.

One waved.

Csilen looked back at them, and his eyes widened. “Oh. Saviour from them, then?”

He jogged over to the woman, put her between him and his men. “Fine, then. I doubt they have the nicest opinions about me.”