The docks (and beyond)

xinoehp512

Sam began panicking. Tom Joebob was here? This was bad. Very bad.

He couldn't stay here. That was obvious. As bad as being on the run again would be, it would be better than going back.
He unfurled his wings, ready to make his escape.
All of a sudden, he felt a burning desire to stay here. Stay and guard the strange woman that he had seen earlier.
He paused, wings open. Where had that come from?
~~~~~~
The two figures had begun to get closer. As they approached the dock, their figure began to become more distinguishable to the people standing there.
After a few moments, they arrived, landing with a thump on the wooden pier. They looked somewhat similar to Sam, with their shiny black scales and feathery wings. Unlike Sam, whose features were only somewhat serpentine, their entire head and body were that of a snake.
The taller one straightened up and slithered over, closely followed by the other. "We have been inssstructed to carry you to our massstersss ssship."

AJ took Thought’s hand and draped it around his neck, giving her support in case she stumbled. He eyed the snake people curiously and slightly suspiciously, though his priority right now was their safety so he climbed into the boat and set her in a seat. “Let’s go.”

Yeah, they're supposed to carry you.

The taller handerfle pulled out some sort of device and pointed it at AJ. It beeped once, and a light on it flashed green. He then turned and pointed it at Thought. 

Immediately the box began to flash red and beep rapidly. The handerfle nearly dropped the box in shock.

The smaller one began shouting something in some sort of snake language. He seemed agitated.

"Calm down," said the voice. "It's Tamika, remember?"

The handerfle stopped shouting, but didn't relax. He shot a fearful look at Thought, then turned and spoke to his taller friend.

The taller one sighed. "Fine. I'll carry her, if it bothersss you ssso much."

SepLar watched with curiosity, a bit confused by the flying creatures. 

~~~

The plump innkeeper watched the group fight, then leave. He smiled to himself. So he had chosen the right bar, and the right city underneath a lake. He ducked back into the kitchen, where he had put the real innkeeper, who he had knocked out and impersonated for the last few hours. Connection manipulation was helpful for this sort of thing. It eliminated the need to hang around for days, waiting for the one he wanted to appear. Instead, he could just show up a few hours beforehand and loiter in someone else's shoes. He smiled at the innkeeper, who had finally realized the fact that no one could hear him, no matter how loud he screamed. 

"Now, I'm going to let people hear you again, but you cannot scream while I'm still here. I need to get somewhere quickly and your panicking would slow me down considerably. You can yell as much as you want as soon as I'm gone." 

The man wearing the innkeeper's face snapped his fingers and the innkeeper tried to shout, despite the man's warnings. No sound came out, however.

"Ah, it appears you've worn your voice out by yelling so much. Well, goodbye friend." 

The man stepped out of the inn via the kitchen entrance and made his way towards the docks, still wearing the innkeeper's face. 

"But, friend, I am here to help you. Don't you know who I am?" he looked down at himself, "Oh, wait. I don't look like myself currently. Well, I can change that quickly." the odd man snapped his fingers and a light, not quite Stormlight, engulfed him. In fact, the light looked like Scadrian mist. 

When the light cleared, a different man stood there. He was young, well built with long raven hair and hawklike features. He wore a very odd outfit. It changed from a robe, to armor, to a white t-shirt and jeans, to a dark bodysuit while they watched. It was a bit hypnotizing. There was only one constant between all the outfits. A sticker, on which was printed seven words; Hello there! My name is Butt Venture

Edited by Dr. Dapper

"Well..." Thought said. "We really should be going."

Hey, @xinoehp512 I know you probably have something in mind for my backstory, but I know I want Thought to have been some sort of performer. Can you fit that into what you have planned currently?

Edited by Shard of Thought

Csilen looked from a distance. He had a sniper next to him.

“Who do you want me to shoot?” The sniper asked. He was the only sniper Csilen had and therefore the only useful constable in this situation.

“Shoot the woman,” Csilen growled. He was tapping Connection. “Right in the kneecaps. That’ll send a message.”

“Sure, Officer Csilen.” The sniper angled his gun to Thought, to the knees, all it would take is one bullet, to kill her, and then the rest. The sniper licked his lips, then paused. “Sir, I really don’t want to.”

“Excuse me,”

“I said, I really don’t want to.” He gulped, then stood up. “What are you going to do? Shoot me? I’m your only sniper, you psycho.”

Csilen paused.

And then shot the man.

“I can always kill them another way,” he said as he ordered his constables to surround the docks in a loose circle, just out of view from the main party.

“If I get hurt, or say so, advance and fire everything you got at them.” Then, he emerged and walked towards the group. “Hi,” he said coldly.

The voice sighed. "I think we had best be leaving, folks."

The larger handerfle pointed his measuring device at the newcomers. It flashed green, both times. "That'sss a relief..." he muttered. "Hey, bosss, do we have backup in the city?"

Sure! There's a lot of room in the backstory for personal preferences and that sort of thing.

16 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"We have to go," Thought said urgently, looking behind her at Csilen.

Csilen waved, and then took out a pistol and shot at a random bystander a couple of times. Constables weren’t supposed to shoot civilians, but he could always give the excuse they were helping the fugitives.

“Don’t bother trying to escape,” he said coldly. Unlike before, he wasn’t happy, he wasn’t cheerful, wasn’t tapping Connection. “I’ve got you surrounded. And they had orders to begin fire if you try to escape. And not just on you.”

He gestured around. “All these civilians, all of these innocent people, I’ve ordered the constables to shoot them too should you try anything cheeky. You wouldn’t want to be the cause of the deaths of so many, would you, fugitives?”

The taller handerfle reached into his belt and pushed a button. A humming began to emanate from one of the boxes.

"Ssstay clossse to me, Keyed," he hissed. "We're ssshielded now."

A small figure ran out of the streets. Then another. Then four more. They kept coming, a light-brown wave sweeping toward the constables, hyperactive and near unstoppable.
The breadmunks had arrived. 
In just a second, they had reached the first constable. They swarmed him, pulling him down into the mass of warm, delicious bodies.

Edited by xinoehp512