The docks (and beyond)

xinoehp512

On 9/20/2019 at 1:02 PM, Shard of Thought said:

"Hmmm... I want to try something." Thought closed her eyes and directed her mind toward the knob. The knob began to hum, heating slightly. "Did I do it?"

Tom brushed a finger against the wall, an expression of concentration flashing across his face for a second. "Yes," he said, with a nod. "It will only open for you, now."

Samika grinned, her eyes flashing in a shimmering rainbow of colors as she drew another key.

"You'll see," she said.

In a flash of blinding light, the ship was gone.

36 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Okay." AJ took the handle in his fingers feeling stupid and out of place. He hadn't been able to help on the ship, he had just sat there. Sure, it had ended up okay, but it just felt wrong. Something clicked in his mind and he pulled his hand away. 

Tom nodded. "Good. Now that that's done, I-"

He was interrupted by a shout behind him. He turned as the caller, a handerfle, swooped in for a landing at his feet. "What?" he asked. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 0:05 PM, Ookla the Blue said:

Samika grinned, her eyes flashing in a shimmering rainbow of colors as she drew another key.

"You'll see," she said.

In a flash of blinding light, the ship was gone.

Tom nodded. "Good. Now that that's done, I-"

He was interrupted by a shout behind him. He turned as the caller, a handerfle, swooped in for a landing at his feet. "What?" he asked. 

The handerfle barked out something in its guttural language. Unintelligible, but the tone was unmistakably frantic. Tom's eyes widened almost imperceptibly as the handerfle spoke. "Oh, dear..." he whispered.

He turned back to Tamika and AJ. "I apologize, but something has come up that requires my immediate attention. If you need anything, just say it aloud- the ship should be able to take care of it."

With that, he turned and rushed back the way they had come.

Oh my Shards, I've been writing Tamika so much that I don't even know how to write Thought anymore!!!

Thought's mouth dropped in shock as he just... left. There was quite a lot to dig through here. Had she still had her Shard, such an interaction would have intrigued her greatly. The obvious reason why was that there seemed to be some sort of threat. But why? From who? Had he rushed off so eagerly because he was truly worried? Or was there something deeper there? Some emotion she was deaf to. Something she... knew?

"Thought?" AJ asked. "You all right?"

She shook herself. "Yes. I am... fine." Thought turned toward AJ and looked at him. "I... know this," she muttered. 

AJ cocked his head. "You're gonna have to translate that one for me," he said with a smile. 

She put a hand to her head, trying desperately to focus, trying to pull the memories that had brushed against her consciousness. Like a hesitant kiss. But, like the details of a dream come morning, they faded, retreating from her grasp. "Never mind," she said somberly. "I just... thought I remembered something. That's all."