The docks (and beyond)

xinoehp512

Sam the half handerfle stood at the docks. They weren't much; not a whole lot of shipping you could do when the city was underwater. But, apparently, some managed.

He strode back and forth on the pier, restless. Something had driven him here; something he couldn't describe. It was sort of a internal gut feeling. Hard to describe, even when hunger wasn't complicating things.

He checked his purse. Six twenty? That was a lot less then he thought he had. Almost certainly not enough to get anything more than a snack.

He sighed, and put the purse away. Hopefully something interesting would happen here soon.

@beantheboy12 @Shard of Thought

Probably not. I've meant to get a description up, but never seem to have the time...

He's covered in black snake scales, except for his wings, which are covered in feathers. The wings fold up against his back, so they don't get in the way. His face has snakelike features. Other than that, he looks like a human.

I'd draw a picture, but I'm not very good at drawing...

Sam began to feel a rising panic. "Is Tom Joebob coming here? Yes or no?"

~~~~~

"Wait there for now. Talk to Sam, if you get bored. But it shouldn't be too much longer..."

The microphone crackled for a second.

"Ah! They have almost arrived! Looks like you won't need to wait very long at all."

In the distance, two shapes emerged and began to fly towards the docks.