Alleyverse Character Discussion

MacThorstenson

Hey! I want to say some things about your new character. Interesting power BTW. But some things first:

I haven’t got the foggiest clue what that power will score. We will let Voidus take care of that. And as for the skills, you said something about guns. All people have gun training somewhat and wouldn’t require skill. Would you like an actual skill? It would be another 30 points.

Generally, epic weaknesses don’t score too much but maybe aight may. I don’t know. And I can say that you probably over scored the blood. Blood is common, but it isn’t 50 points I would say.

And how about mirage for a name?

@Vargo Seldon

Just now, Clyde Froggins said:

Can someone kill your character if you didn't give permission?

Normally not, though if you do stupid things with them that would be extremely difficult to survive (e.g. attacking a major guild in their own HQ, trying to kill Voidus or Mac while inside the alleys, wading straight into machine-gun fire without any defensive or regeneration abilities, etc.) you'd better have a really good explanation ready for why your character made it out of that alive other than that you didn't want them to die.

3 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

I realize you mods have a lot on your plate, so I scored this one myself, though I'm not sure how it could measure up as an epic.  Feel free to re-score it if you feel that's necessary.  

Hide contents
Name:  Can't come up with a good one, help is appreciated

Physique:  Kinda average.  Broadish, nice musculature, average hieght.

Appearence:  Wears a loose T-shirt and sweats.  Brown hair, very unruly.  Green eyes.

Investiture:  An epic.  His power is unique as far as I know.  He has the ability to make tangible reflections of himself.  All equipment and objects will also be reflected, unless the object has too much investiture.  He can make up to three including himself, and his sentience inhabits all three.  He can make them within ten feet of himself, but they can move farther apart once made.  Although his sentience inhabits all of them at once, they can only move in exactly the same way.  So, for instance, he makes them beside him, and if one raises his hand, they all do simultaneously.  Another thing, if one is obeying the laws of physics, they all can move in whatever way they want.  Again, for instance, If two are walking away from each other, and one has a wall in front of him, he can walk through the wall as long as the first relfection's path is unobstructed.  So, technically, one could be floating above him upside-down, moving in exactly the same way as the one walking normally.  A weird power, but I think it could have all sorts of interesting applications. (+75)

Skills:  A very good combatant, he has to be to be able to be a powerfulish epic.  He can mostly work with melee weapons, such as a sword or bow staff.  Mostly a bow staff. (+50)  He has almost no skill with projectile weapons like knives, a bit more with guns though.  He has rudimentary training with hand-to-hand also. (+20)

Weaknesses:  Lint rollers.  Anything sticky gives him the creeps, but lint rollers negate his power. (–20)  If he sees it, he can't make reflections, but only physical conflict can destroy his reflections, down to one.  He also has nightmares about the people he killed with the darkness, and hates the sight of blood. (–50)  This is why he usually uses a bow staff, because there is minimal blood.

Personality:  A dark man.  Hates everything, and everyone.  Not affiliated.  He's a mercenary with a short temper and a chip on his shoulder the size of a chull.  If you break his hard exterior though, you find... bitterness and hatred.

Equipment:  An investiture reinforced bow staff that will never break. (+10)  An old Tia card that he keeps around, and recharges periodically. (+20)

Backstory:  Was born on Earth.  Was made into an epic.  Worked for Obliteration before he destroyed Houston, and fled when he received a tip that the city was to be destroyed.  He wandered around the small human settlements, killing indiscriminately.  He found a card with a strange pattern scrawled into it.  He willed it to activate, when messing around, and it took him to the Alleyverse.  He suddenly found himself free from the darkness, and went about his life.  

Guild Affiliation:  None

Total: 105

@Voidus @Lord Meeker

Okay, I looked at this, but I think the -50 is way over the top. -20, maybe -30 would be rational.

Edited by Ark1002

Just now, beantheboy12 said:

I said I would be fine with it. Other people...

And @kenod, was that an insult to me? :P

Not really, it was originally intended to be attacking the DA as an example, but I felt a more generalized example would work better, and the DA also doesn't work that well as an example because they tend to (weirdly enough) hold back a lot in their responses. Your situation might have influenced me a bit though, not sure.

It’s a classic joke now. ;)

Okay, so I reworked the Scadrial section of the index. Certain thing have just always bugged me. Such as a gold misting being equal to a shardblade. Or a bronze compounder more than a full shard bearer. So I took an hour, and I made this while listening to shardplate cast. (Love the avengers references BTW) Thoughts? (Next to Allomancy and Feruchemy, a + or a - mean + or -  5 points)

Spoiler

Scadrial

Misting (Level 1,  +5, Level Two, +30, Level Three,  +55 [+/- 5])
Duralumin 1, Aluminum 1, Gold 1, Malatium 1, Bronze 1+, Copper 1+, Tin 1+, Zinc 2-, Brass 2-, Chromium 2, Cadmium 2, Nicrosil 2, Iron 2+, Electrum 2+, Pewter 3-, Steel 3-, Bendalloy 3-, Atium 3

Ferring (Level 1,  +5, Level Two, +30, Level Three, +55 [+/- 5])
Aluminum 1, Bronze 1, Cadmium 1, Electum 1, Copper 1, Brass 1+, Duralumin 1+, Atium 1+, Tin 1+, Zinc 2-, Bendalloy 2-, Nicrosil 2-, Iron 2, Pewter 2+, Gold 3-, Steel 3, Chromium 3

Twinborn: Allomantic Ability + Feruchemical ability + Dual Power output.
Examples: a Steel f Iron (Crasher): 50 + 30 + 15 = 95. a Electrum f Zinc: 35 + 25 + 10 = 70. a Chromium f Steel: 30 + 55 + 15 = 100.

Compounder: Allomantic Ability + Feruchemical ability x 2

Mistborn: Physical and Mental metals: +120. All 16 metals: +160. Atium: +20

Feruchemist: Physical and Cognitive metals: +110. All 16 metals: 150. Atium: +10

Fullborn: Physical and Mental/Cognitive metals: +700. All 16 metals: 900. Atium: +100

*Kandra: Skill level + Skeleton + Blessings
Skills:  Rank on a scale of 1-5 and multiply by 5. One being a brand new Kandra and 5 being TenSoon Era 2
Skeleton : Rank on a scale of 1-5 and multiply by 20. 1 being some brittle mineral, 2 being human bones, 4 being steel and 5 being carbon fiber.
Blessings: Blessing of Awareness: +15, Blessing of Potency: 35, Blessing of Presence: +10, Blessing of Stability: +10

*Koloss: Take age on a scale of 1-10 and use following function:   koloss(a) = (a - 4)^2 + 15  (think usefulness of baggy skin or extreme strength)

*Koloss blooded: +15

Allomancer-proof sharpened weapons: Aluminum: +10, Glass: +5, Obsidion: +10, Stone: +10, Wood: +5, any other methods rank on a scale of 1-2 and multiply by 5  (Dueling canes or staves count as +0)

Et metal cubes:
Allomancer dependant cubes: +10 for the first. +5 for every one after
Pre-Programmed cubes: +15 for each initial type, +10 for each of a same type.

@Voidus, @MacThorstenson, @Nohadon, @Kidpen, @Lord Meeker

Edited by beantheboy12

Thanks for making the effort for that, a couple of notes:

Ett metal cubes should be rated based on what ability they are emulating, they should be rated at least as highly as the ability they give, if not higher in some cases.
We don't want any complex calculations if we can avoid it so the ratings for Koloss and Kandra would be problematic. 
Separate ratings for different metals in the Mistborn and Feruchemist sections don't really make sense, you're either a Mistborn, or a Misting, you can't be a Mistborn with Physical and Cognitive metals but not Enhancement metals. Only way would be Hemalurgy which we calculate separately.

Compounders vary wildly in their usefulness, we can't necessarily use a simple formula for them.

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

Thanks for making the effort for that, a couple of notes:

Ett metal cubes should be rated based on what ability they are emulating, they should be rated at least as highly as the ability they give, if not higher in some cases.
We don't want any complex calculations if we can avoid it so the ratings for Koloss and Kandra would be problematic. 
Separate ratings for different metals in the Mistborn and Feruchemist sections don't really make sense, you're either a Mistborn, or a Misting, you can't be a Mistborn with Physical and Cognitive metals but not Enhancement metals. Only way would be Hemalurgy which we calculate separately.

Compounders vary wildly in their usefulness, we can't necessarily use a simple formula for them.

Ok. I got 5 seconds of computer time so tomorrow.

I know, I just think that this system would better rate the compounders we see than the old one. It rates steel highest, and weak things like aluminum or bronze which was previously 100 points to a more reasonable 10-40.

That's a good. Just a note: I'll make a separate index for these because gold cubes are far more useful than electrum cubes. That system would probably work with physical and mental metals, but not temporal and enhancement.

Okay. That's cool. Maybe with the kolas. But we should have different ratings for young and old koloss. The Kandra however I think need it. For one thing, we have been discounting the blessings. And the skeleton and the skill should be two separate categories anyway (in my opinion at least)

What I mean there is what metals your character has access to/knows of. The mistborn we see in era 1 rarely use the metals beyond the basic 8. Which would make them rated less. And atium, as said before, is powerful and needs to be added separately. But a mistborn with all 16 metals against one with the basic 8 would definitely beat them so I think the mistborns should be rated differently.

Ett metal cubes (sets of 3). Level one: +10 Level two: +30 Level three: +50 (-5 for each cube if you are that type of allomancer)

Level one: Aluminum, Duralumin, Bronze, Copper, Pewter, Tin, Atium, Electrum, 
Level two: Brass, Zinc, Gold, Bendalloy, Malatium
Level three: Cadmium, Steel, Iron, Chromium, Nicrosil,

@Voidus

Edited by beantheboy12

10 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

I know, I just think that this system would better rate the compounders we see than the old one. It rates steel highest, and weak things like aluminum or bronze which was previously 100 points to a more reasonable 10-40.

It also puts a Bendalloy compounder higher than a gold compounder or a Nicrosil compounder. No formulaic approach is going to be able to capture the variety in compoundings usefulness.

That's a good. Just a note: I'll make a separate index for these because gold cubes are far more useful than electrum cubes. That system would probably work with physical and mental metals, but not temporal and enhancement.

We're trying to avoid the index becoming too complicated, simple is best. Yes this occasionally leads to things being a little over or under-powered according to the Index, but we can deal with those case-by-case when needed.

Okay. That's cool. Maybe with the kolas. But we should have different ratings for young and old koloss. The Kandra however I think need it. For one thing, we have been discounting the blessings. And the skeleton and the skill should be two separate categories anyway (in my opinion at least)

Again, it comes down to simplicity. The goal of the index is only to give general guidelines, case-by-case we may adjust an individual characters rating. For example Allomancy also has varying levels of skill, instead of explicitly catering for each level of skill in each metal, it's easier to give general scores that assume average skill level and if someone wants particular proficiency with something we add additional points.

What I mean there is what metals your character has access to/knows of.

Any character in the Alleyverse has access to all non-god metals and will learn of them very quickly if they don't already. Not enough of a limit to prevent a character from reasonably using those abilities.

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

It also puts a Bendalloy compounder higher than a gold compounder or a Nicrosil compounder. No formulaic approach is going to be able to capture the variety in compoundings usefulness.

A nicrosil compounder would be 80. And I honestly don't see why they are so good. What investiture do they have to compound? A gold compounder would be 105. A bendalloy compounder is 100. Only slightly below. And if they were to fight, the Bendalloy compounder would be able to dodge all the gold compounder's attacks, slip around them, and attack them with rope. I think that you over-rated gold compounders. As a second ideal radiant with progression could probably do close to as good, discounting their other surge. I just feel like this method works better than the old one.

10 minutes ago, Voidus said:

We're trying to avoid the index becoming too complicated, simple is best. Yes this occasionally leads to things being a little over or under-powered according to the Index, but we can deal with those case-by-case when needed.

11 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Ett metal cubes (sets of 3). Level one: +10 Level two: +30 Level three: +50 (-5 for each cube if you are that type of allomancer)

Level one: Aluminum, Duralumin, Bronze, Copper, Pewter, Tin, Atium, Electrum, 
Level two: Brass, Zinc, Gold, Bendalloy, Malatium
Level three: Cadmium, Steel, Iron, Chromium, Nicrosil,

Is it too complicated? It is just as complex as a misting or ferring and each cube can be the strength of a misting.

11 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Again, it comes down to simplicity. The goal of the index is only to give general guidelines, case-by-case we may adjust an individual characters rating. For example Allomancy also has varying levels of skill, instead of explicitly catering for each level of skill in each metal, it's easier to give general scores that assume average skill level and if someone wants particular proficiency with something we add additional points.

Okay. Well, skill levels could be done away with in theory. But the orriginal method could be good. Just the blessings part of it I feel needs modification because there isn't even a blessings section.

12 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Any character in the Alleyverse has access to all non-god metals and will learn of them very quickly if they don't already. Not enough of a limit to prevent a character from reasonably using those abilities.

What came to mind when I was writing that part was when we were approving Father Tiempo's mistborn. I don't think it'll be uncommon among mistblrn characters for people to want only the metals Vin and Kelsier had access to. If that's the case, this will provide consistency and a nice shortcut.

Just now, beantheboy12 said:

A nicrosil compounder would be 80. And I honestly don't see why they are so good. What investiture do they have to compound?

Allomantic Nicrosil? They can Nicroburst to infinity, it's probably the most potentially potent compounder of all of them. Compound Nicrosil, touch a coinshot and for one brief instant they can Steelpush on the moon. Touch a Soother and they can for an instant cause everyone on the planet to feel enough emotion that it could literally kill them. That's not even getting into cross-system applications.

2 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

And if they were to fight, the Bendalloy compounder would be able to dodge all the gold compounder's attacks, slip around them, and attack them with rope.

Not if the gold compounder is a melee fighter, a Bendalloy misting is only really protected against ranged attacks, which a Gold Compounder is no better with than anyone else by default.

3 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Is it too complicated? It is just as complex as a misting or ferring and each cube can be the strength of a misting.

It's no more complicated when taken on its own, it just adds more to the list. When possible if something is just analogous to another power, the easiest thing is to avoid duplicate entries and just list it once.

5 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Okay. Well, skill levels could be done away with in theory. But the orriginal method could be good. Just the blessings part of it I feel needs modification because there isn't even a blessings section.

Blessings are just standard Hemalurgy and dealt with in the rules for such.

6 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

What came to mind when I was writing that part was when we were approving Father Tiempo's mistborn. I don't think it'll be uncommon among mistblrn characters for people to want only the metals Vin and Kelsier had access to. If that's the case, this will provide consistency and a nice shortcut.

It's rare enough that doing it case by case would probably be the preference. Again, keeping the Index as short as possible is ideal. We could list every conceivable synergistic combination of powers at every level of possible skill, knowledge and talent and rate them all but then the Index would be hundreds of pages long and borderline unreadable, it's purpose is to act as a general guide, not deal with every conceivable character.

Now some sections definitely do need rework, but I'd rather not add new complexities or additions unless we really need to.

1 minute ago, beantheboy12 said:

I think that you over-rated gold compounders

I think you severely underrate them.

Gold compounder's can come back from decapitation. You could blow them up and they would still heal back. It's really hard to kill them. 

Stormlight can't heal from a shardblade wound to the spine, but gold compounders probably could, they can heal shardblade wounds and can survive beheading.

Misting (Level 1,  +5, Level Two, +30, Level Three,  +55 [+/- 5])
Duralumin 1, Aluminum 1, Gold 1, Malatium 1, Bronze 1+, Copper 1+, Tin 1+, Zinc 2-, Brass 2-, Chromium 2, Cadmium 2, Nicrosil 2, Iron 2+, Electrum 2+, Pewter 3-, Steel 3-, Bendalloy 3-, Atium 3

Ferring (Level 1,  +5, Level Two, +30, Level Three, +55 [+/- 5])
Aluminum 1, Bronze 1, Cadmium 1, Electum 1, Copper 1, Brass 1+, Duralumin 1+, Atium 1+, Tin 1+, Zinc 2-, Bendalloy 2-, Nicrosil 2-, Iron 2, Pewter 2+, Gold 3-, Steel 3, Chromium 3

I do disagree with your ranking for the levels, and think that generally the current ranking of metals is good.

Cadmium, Copper, Gold, and malatium I could see being lowered a little for allomancy, but besides that I think that the current system is good.

Bronze could definitely be very useful, and I think it should be worth more than 5. Same with cadmium, electrum, and copper. Brass is definitely worth at least 30, because if you store warmth in the right amount you could walk through a fire unharmed.

Duralumin I could see being a little lower, Atium I think its at least 20. Tin is definitely 30+ because you could store the sense of pain. The other ones are mostly good, but I think gold would be a little higher.

35 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

But what he's saying is that those shouldn't provide any less points as people would still be able to use all 16 metals and have access to them in the alleyverse.

48 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Allomantic Nicrosil? They can Nicroburst to infinity, it's probably the most potentially potent compounder of all of them. Compound Nicrosil, touch a coinshot and for one brief instant they can Steelpush on the moon. Touch a Soother and they can for an instant cause everyone on the planet to feel enough emotion that it could literally kill them. That's not even getting into cross-system applications.

Okay. I see what you're talking about. I'll buff the score for a soulbearer which should fix the error. But one thing I want to bring up: I haven't read the battle of Thaylen Field in a while and that is where most of my evidence in this post is coming from. But Jasnah said that the body wasn't meant to hold so much stormlight. Which means humans have a limited amount of investiture they can stand until they die. And since this nicroburster is a compounder, I am going to discount the domain for the following function. Just using the steelpush example. Force = (nicroburst)(x). Force would be how hard the steelpusher is pushing in the instant, x is the constant of their power, (i.e how much they can push while burning a standard amount), and nicroburst is how much nicroburst they are tapping equivilant to the standard amount. First things first, we calculate the force needed to move the moon. The mass of the moon is 7.35 10^22 kg. An average koloss sword, which is about what a steelpusher can push, is 39 kg, rounded to 40 for my calculation's sake. (Element of Chaos and Sunbringer both witnessed my calculation there.)  That makes the moon 1.8375 10^21  times the mass of a koloss sword, Therefore, in the equation, making it the value of nicroburst. Nicrosil would have to multiply the power by 1,837,500,000,000,000,000,000. This brings up a few problems. :P The sheer amount of nicrosil needed to generate this much investiture is probably non-existant and would rip the compounder and the coinshot apart. Similar results with the brass/zinc proposal. Conclusion: I think you may be slightly overestimating nicrosil compounders. They can still do amazing things, but not much more than a normal nicroburster.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Not if the gold compounder is a melee fighter, a Bendalloy misting is only really protected against ranged attacks, which a Gold Compounder is no better with than anyone else by default

50 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

One small thing: 

Compounded Bendalloy lets you have infinite food. That's kind of it. 

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

I think you severely underrate them.

Gold compounder's can come back from decapitation. You could blow them up and they would still heal back. It's really hard to kill them. 

Stormlight can't heal from a shardblade wound to the spine, but gold compounders probably could, they can heal shardblade wounds and can survive beheading

True, Melee attacks wouldn't be dodgeable, but the bendalloy compounder is faster in the first place and if he has guns, than he only has to outlast the gold compounder. Having unlimited energy would make that more than possible. 

And I'm not underestimating a gold compounder. You just missed something on my post, Mac. I said that a radiant with progression could do almost the same. *plays footage of renarin/lift getting stepped on by a thunderclast* I haven't read it in a while. I can't remember exactly who or how it goes.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

It's no more complicated when taken on its own, it just adds more to the list. When possible if something is just analogous to another power, the easiest thing is to avoid duplicate entries and just list it once

I can understand this. But that would make a gold cube underrated because the distraction it would provide would be... strange. And a cadmium cube would be lower than a bendalloy cube which just doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Blessings are just standard Hemalurgy and dealt with in the rules for such

I don't know if anybody has a kandra with blessings. They're simply forgotten so putting this next to the kandra section would be better. Plus, in the books, the blessing of potency is always refered to as the blessing of potency. It doesn't imply that one is stronger than the other as it does in the index.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

It's rare enough that doing it case by case would probably be the preference. Again, keeping the Index as short as possible is ideal. We could list every conceivable synergistic combination of powers at every level of possible skill, knowledge and talent and rate them all but then the Index would be hundreds of pages long and borderline unreadable, it's purpose is to act as a general guide, not deal with every conceivable character.

Okay. I understand that. We still should put atium on the index.

But what he's saying is that those shouldn't provide any less points as people would still be able to use all 16 metals and have access to them in the alleyverse

You talking to me or voidus?

I do disagree with your ranking for the levels, and think that generally the current ranking of metals is good.

Cadmium, Copper, Gold, and malatium I could see being lowered a little for allomancy, but besides that I think that the current system is good.

Bronze could definitely be very useful, and I think it should be worth more than 5. Same with cadmium, electrum, and copper. Brass is definitely worth at least 30, because if you store warmth in the right amount you could walk through a fire unharmed.

Duralumin I could see being a little lower, Atium I think its at least 20. Tin is definitely 30+ because you could store the sense of pain. The other ones are mostly good, but I think gold would be a little higher.

Bronze maybe. I can agree with that. But now many people are always sucking in stormlight or tapping a metal mind? In alleyverse combat it isn't all that useful. Same with the feruchemical bronze. Brass feruchemy seems useful. But think about it, Brandon Sanderson as far as I know only has one fire character and I can only name one, Bellatrix, in the alleyverse. You could in theory superheat your skin and then grab on to something, but how much better is that than stabbing them with a knife?

I understand that not all of these changes have to be made. I just feel like there are inconsistancies.

Whoo! That took a while. And sorry for taking a while anyway. I realized I had to resume a math quiz and I ACED IT! Sorry. Back to business.

32 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Jasnah said that the body wasn't meant to hold so much stormlight

But thats stormlight, we know that humans as a whole are bad containers for stormlight. It does stand to reason that while humans can only hold a certain amount of investiture, holding stormlight and tapping a metalmind are not equal.

There is never mentioned a limit on what you can tap from a metalmind, and its not regarded as dangerous. Infact, fullborns are so powerfull because they can tap as much as they want whenever they want.

Stormlight is different in that it physically affects the body and is constantly trying to escape. 

41 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

And I'm not underestimating a gold compounder. You just missed something on my post, Mac. I said that a radiant with progression could do almost the same. *plays footage of renarin/lift getting stepped on by a thunderclast* I haven't read it in a while. I can't remember exactly who or how it goes.

No I read that.

The thing is, stormlight can't heal from something that kills you, we have a quote from kaladin saying that a severed spine couldn't be healed via stormlight. Progression can, but you can't use progression on yourself once you are dead. You would have to be actively using progression on yourself as you got stabbed, which takes concentration.

Gold compounders can heal reflexively.

Also, gold compoounders dont need to eat or sleep because they heal the damage being done to their bodies as hit happens.

48 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Bronze maybe. I can agree with that. But now many people are always sucking in stormlight or tapping a metal mind? In alleyverse combat it isn't all that useful. Same with the feruchemical bronze. Brass feruchemy seems useful. But think about it, Brandon Sanderson as far as I know only has one fire character and I can only name one, Bellatrix, in the alleyverse. You could in theory superheat your skin and then grab on to something, but how much better is that than stabbing them with a knife?

If you store heat while you walk through a fire you become fireproof.

8 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:
57 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

If you store heat while you walk through a fire you become fireproof.

How much fire is there.

I concede the nicrosil compounding debate.

Still. Gold isn’t as good as chromium or steel so I gave it. 3-

47 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

How much fire is there.

Depends on the temperature and the exact affects of storing brass. 

If you are naked, so your clothes don’t burn, and brass Cools your hair down, and the metal is inside your stomach, you could easily survive temperatures above the melting point of brass. I don’t know how high you could survive but it would be interesting. You would need mechanisms to survive the lack of oxygen. 

In fact, gold compounding is probably better for fireproofing than brass because brass just doesn’t mean you get damaged from the fire, but gold would heal any fire damage, smoke damage, suffocation, and any other type of damage. 

8 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Depends on the temperature and the exact affects of storing brass. 

If you are naked, so your clothes don’t burn, and brass Cools your hair down, and the metal is inside your stomach, you could easily survive temperatures above the melting point of brass. I don’t know how high you could survive but it would be interesting. You would need mechanisms to survive the lack of oxygen. 

In fact, gold compounding is probably better for fireproofing than brass because brass just doesn’t mean you get damaged from the fire, but gold would heal any fire damage, smoke damage, suffocation, and any other type of damage. 

I meant how many fire based characters are there? I can think of one.