Alleyverse Character Discussion

MacThorstenson

7 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Oh yes, You have now met Mute Ark. This is my favorite of all the Ark's, apart from helpful Ark.Helpful Ark helps his frenemies, and is not a jerk. Mute ark, is not a jerk, as he never talks. Normal Ark talks over you all the time, and is very confrontational. Confrontational Ark will disagree with everything you say. My least favorite, is 'YOU DON'T LIKE THE EXACT SAME THINGS AS ME!?!' Ark, who will not let the subject drop, and will never let you be, unless you change your opinion.

I like mute people. They can never interrupt you, unless they’re on a forum, in which case they can ninja you :ph34r:

3 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Okay, @MacThorstenson @Voidus, I think that you guys have a problem with the freeze ray and it being OP. I am fine with taking it off. It was just my character's method of restraining people easier. So if I take that off, will I be good to go?

Yes, I would say that you are good with counting the gun as 50 points.

@Clyde Coggins

ok

Edited by MacThorstenson

2 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Cool! I'll make a finalized bio with all the modifications you guys want. Gimme a second.

And can I make a sixth character now? Just not RP him until Benson dies?

You can make a sixth character, and post the bios, but the actual approval will have to wait until benson dies. I won’t add it to the list until benson is off the list. 

Also I can’t put AJ on the list for another hour or two, sorry. 

Still post the bio tho

Edited by MacThorstenson

2 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

but the actual approval

Like the talk about it part or the add it to the list part?

And take your time Mac. I don't care too much if it takes an hour or two or thirty six for you to put the bio in.

Edited by beantheboy12

9 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Okay, @MacThorstenson @Voidus, I think that you guys have a problem with the freeze ray and it being OP. I am fine with taking it off. It was just my character's method of restraining people easier. So if I take that off, will I be good to go?

Yep agreed, without the freeze ray that's within normal limits. The issue with the freeze ray is that it completely circumvents any character who relies on healing to avoid damage, which is usually quite a few characters.

6 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

And take your time Mac. I don't care too much if it takes an hour or two or thirty six for you to put the bio in.

It depends on which mod, I would say there isn't an obligation to score a character until they're actually able to be a character but if we have time available we may still score it. Personally I'm ok with pre-scoring characters and discussing if they need to be toned down, etc.

6 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Sorry missed your question.

I added AJ to the list, but I have no idea how to rank your new character. I would give it a 50 for the bronze (35 for the base metal, +15 for the savantism which is the equivalent of perfect lifesense and a little extra). I have no idea how to rank the nightwatcher power. I will think about it over the next little bit and either edit my post with something or post a new thing about the night watcher thing.

1 minute ago, MacThorstenson said:

Sorry missed your question.

I added AJ to the list, but I have no idea how to rank your new character. I would give it a 50 for the bronze (35 for the base metal, +15 for the savantism which is the equivalent of perfect lifesense and a little extra). I have no idea how to rank the nightwatcher power. I will think about it over the next little bit and either edit my post with something or post a new thing about the night watcher thing.

Wait. It showed up? Yay!

I know this character is tough. So I don’t mind if you don’t score him or anything 

Edited by beantheboy12

Oof, yeah I missed that bit.

I have combed through all the wobs about bronze and the coppermind article as well but haven't found anything giving a range for allomancy. I would think that like Voidus said for a Savant it would be about the size of a suburb, but I will try to get my hands on copies of a mistborn book to check it out.

I will note the most if not all of bronze mistings become savants eventually. Its not as difficult as pewter or as changing as tin. So It can't be a huge range.

Well, I have no idea how to score elantris things. I haven't read the book yet and it is storming confusing to anyone who hasn't. But I would like to point out some things about your first character.

The scoring is mostly correct, but one flaw I noticed was the investiture, while a level two allomancy and a level one feruchemical ability do add up to 75, these ones would be complimentary, adding another 10 points.

I don't know what the weakness would score, but I guess it wouldn't reach 35 points. Thoughts? @Nohadon

4 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Here are some characters I would like to be rated. I'll do some of the scoring myself, but I'm not exactly unbiased here.

Alson:

Hide contents

Name: Alson Benetaar

Physical Characteristics: Athletic build. Tall with a muscular frame

Investiture: Allomatic Electrum and Feruchemical Zinc (75 Points. Complementary combination that can be used to make a pseudo-atium effect)

Skills: skilled hand to hand combat (30) Average Melee combat training (35)Amateur projectile weapons training (35)

Equipment:
A lever action rifle custom-made called 'Ati's Hand' (Aluminium frame. Custom ammo, Long barrel, detachable scope and a stock) 
A sterrion revolver that accepts custom ammo.
A rapier made from steel with a zinc core which Alson uses as a metalmind.
A small concealed dagger.
A mistcoat and a roughs duster + hat
A collection of zinc bands, rings and various other metalminds.

Weakness: Arrogant and tends to overestimate his opponents. He also isn't experienced with different forms of investiture and can be caught off-guard easily.

Family: A wealthy father he is estranged from, but he still is supported by him. His mother died during childbirth, he has two brothers, Seb and Noah.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Born to a wealthy merchant family, Alson Benetaar is all set to inherit his family business, a business he believes is running a trade route through all of the Basin and roughs, unbeknownst to him, it's a multi-shardworld trade route that goes from planet to planet. 

Guild: Canton of Combat

Psyche: Arrogant and Stubborn, but a natural leader and fighter.

Personality: Extroverted and brash, Alson doesn't really appreciate people who are too different from him, but he trusts easily once it's clear that they have his back.

Appearance: Angular facial features that are accompanied by scars around his eyes and hears.

Theme Song: Perfect Time, nanatsu no tazai

The scoring is mostly correct, but one flaw I noticed was the investiture, while a level two allomancy and a level one feruchemical ability do add up to 75, these ones would be complimentary, adding another 10 points.

Good catch, thanks for letting me know.

I don't know what the weakness would score, but I guess it wouldn't reach 35 points. Thoughts? @Nohadon

Wait do weaknesses have to take away 35 points? Did I miss something there?