Alleyverse Character Discussion

MacThorstenson

No, I mean, no laws of physics, logic reasoning, or any form of reason whatsoever has any hold on them whatsoever. Like, they walk of cliffs and float, fall hundreds of feet through the ground for no apparent reason, and when hey open there mouths a parrot can crawl out of their mouth and say whatever he was about to say in a weird accent. How many points would that be?

37 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

No, I mean, no laws of physics, logic reasoning, or any form of reason whatsoever has any hold on them whatsoever. Like, they walk of cliffs and float, fall hundreds of feet through the ground for no apparent reason, and when hey open there mouths a parrot can crawl out of their mouth and say whatever he was about to say in a weird accent. How many points would that be?

I'd hazard a guess at a lot.

14 hours ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING THEY'RE IN DIFFERENT UNIVERSES

YES BUT WE CAN STILL THEORIZE 

I'D SAY PROBABLY THEY KEEP THE EPIC POWER IN THE SAME WAY THAT LIGHTSONG'S SKILLS WERE MAINTAINED THROUGH THE RETURNING

2 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I’m going to say that that’s going to be infinite points, mainly because they could ignore causality this making them impossible to beat. 

On 6/15/2019 at 3:13 AM, Clyde Froggins said:

Hey @Voidus, do you know what would happen to an epic's powers if they were to become a returned?

I think I answered this in the PM as well but to reiterate:
1. This is only possible in the Alleyverse since canonically the two aren't related so there is no canonical answer.
2. You'd need to be Nalthian to Return per WoB so this would be a lot easier to do the other way around (A Returned gaining Epic powers)
3. Investiture interferes with other Investiture so being Invested to the degree that many Epics are would make it unlikely that you'd Return.
4. You do keep your Soul when you Return which would imply that there's a decent chance you'd keep any pre-death Investiture that you had. But honestly it could go either way.

7 hours ago, Voidus said:

4. You do keep your Soul when you Return which would imply that there's a decent chance you'd keep any pre-death Investiture that you had. But honestly it could go either way.

One of the things I was unsure about when answering this question was whether Kelsier (if/when given a physical form) had his Mistborn powers still.

17 hours ago, Voidus said:

I think I answered this in the PM as well but to reiterate:
1. This is only possible in the Alleyverse since canonically the two aren't related so there is no canonical answer.
2. You'd need to be Nalthian to Return per WoB so this would be a lot easier to do the other way around (A Returned gaining Epic powers)
3. Investiture interferes with other Investiture so being Invested to the degree that many Epics are would make it unlikely that you'd Return.

No, you need to be on Nalthis.

But also, we've had it happen in the Alleyverse already, so connection would be strong enough

Also, he could easily say that he had a little bit of Nalthian heritage.

I don't think that would interfere, as Returned is a very powerful source of investiture.

15 minutes ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

No, you need to be on Nalthis.

But also, we've had it happen in the Alleyverse already, so connection would be strong enough

Not necessarily, we have conflicting WoB's on this, but at most it would be extremely difficult for a non nalthisian to return. You would need to be tapping huge amounts of connection or have a bunch of breaths in order to return. I don't think that anyone has returned in the alleyverse. I am aware of someone who went to Nalthis, then Returned after tapping huge amounts of connection as they died, but I am not aware of anyone who returned in the alleyverse.

Also, returned are chosen by endowment, and she wouldn't probably pay attention to the alleyverse to choose returned, she doesn't even look outside of Nalthis.

19 minutes ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

I don't think that would interfere, as Returned is a very powerful source of investiture.

All of this is speculation, because reckoners isn't cosmere, but we have been treating epics as highly invested beings depending on their powers, but any amount of investiture interferes with investiture. In this case not only because investiture interferes with other investiture, but also because the investiture that we are assuming epics to have would connect them to a different thing besides Nalthis/Endowment, which would inherently make returning more difficult.

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

Not necessarily, we have conflicting WoB's on this, but at most it would be extremely difficult for a non nalthisian to return. You would need to be tapping huge amounts of connection or have a bunch of breaths in order to return. I don't think that anyone has returned in the alleyverse. I am aware of someone who went to Nalthis, then Returned after tapping huge amounts of connection as they died, but I am not aware of anyone who returned in the alleyverse.

Also, returned are chosen by endowment, and she wouldn't probably pay attention to the alleyverse to choose returned, she doesn't even look outside of Nalthis.

All of this is speculation, because reckoners isn't cosmere, but we have been treating epics as highly invested beings depending on their powers, but any amount of investiture interferes with investiture. In this case not only because investiture interferes with other investiture, but also because the investiture that we are assuming epics to have would connect them to a different thing besides Nalthis/Endowment, which would inherently make returning more difficult.

Generally speaking, only Investiture with different Identity interferes. (Or something like that.) Users of other Investiture can presumably have normal Breath without it interfering; Divine Breath is similar, just much, much more powerful.

I agree it's unlikely, but not impossible. If someone really wanted that as a character for some reason, they probably could.

Edited by xinoehp512

On 6/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, MacThorstenson said:

I believe Mace did so.

Am I wrong about that?

17 minutes ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

I believe Mace did so.

Am I wrong about that?

I don't believe so, Mace was only ever referred to as a full feruchemist, even in E3 when he was killed, and he didn't come back.

If you are referring to Mac, he did Return, but he only did so on Nalthis, after tapping huge amounts of connection to Nalthis, and removing all other investitures he had.

On 6/22/2019 at 5:40 PM, Skullduggery said:

Have anyone ever made a savant?

How was it rped?

I believe we've had a couple, but couldn't remember off the top of my head who they were. I don't recall any scenes that particularly explored the negative side effects of savantism so far in the RP.

5 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I don't recall any scenes that particularly explored the negative side effects of savantism so far in the RP.

*cough* Lita's totally going that direction *cough*

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

She is, but as far as I know she's not currently a Savant, just heading there so wasn't sure if I should mention it or not. But people should read Lita's scenes anyway cause they're awesome :D

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

She is, but as far as I know she's not currently a Savant, just heading there so wasn't sure if I should mention it or not. But people should read Lita's scenes anyway cause they're awesome :D

I'm glad that this is obvious, because I'm pushing it in this direction on purpose. Also, Voidus, you flatter me :3

The negative effects will likely come later, if I decide to push her into full Savantism. That would be fun to RP!