Alleyverse Character Discussion

MacThorstenson

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ok...

Feel free to? Perhaps he could be Aben's brother. I'm unsure if Aben got on the main list so... V-Dois?

@Voidus

Sorry I've been doing like 50 things over the last day, lots to keep track of right now so I don't remember. If I said I did then I probably did, if I didn't then can you link the post so I can find it?

2 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

It was in the Scadrial PM, I think. Should be be on the latest page, or the one before it.

Oh those, right. Sorry forgot to add those in the midst of other approvals. Adding now. :)

Just now, Invocation said:

It could be argued that that means he'd get along with everyone, solely because they're all practice for the betterment of his murdering.

Weapons testing, yeah?

Yes, you'll be best buds as he rips your heart out of your body

6 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

I don't mean to be petulant @Voidus, but is there any update on Galvris?

It's an OP character so needs community approval, I was going to wait til the existing poll was done so we didn't need to worry about people who had already voted but I guess I can put this poll up here.

Galvis' profile for the reference of voters:

Name: Galvris Moerevron

Investiture: Powerful channeler.  More powerful than Mazrim Taim, but less powerful than Rand al'thor.  Also, has the Epic power of being able to shift phases, from solid to incorporeal.  He can't go through solid objects with this, but can't be touched.  It's not prime invincibility though, since doesn't do it unconsciously.  He also has the epic power of energy blasts.  Like what Steelheart has but much weaker.

Skills:  Really good at walking.  Like, whenever people see him, they think he's so good at walking that they want to go and take lessons from him.  Other than that, he's a blademaster (from WoT) and able to hold his own in hand-to-hand combat.  Also extremely skilled at air and fire, so it is able to kind of balance out his weakness in spirit.  

Weaknesses: Epic weakness is cheese.  Has to be physical contact, but for some reason he can't touch cheese with his channeling.  If it is ingested, he can't access his epic power for as long as it is in his system.  Another weakness of his is flows of spirit.  Really bad at handling flows of spirit, but can do it if he really needs to.  He can block another channeler of about an average Aes Sedai's strength.  But he can blur the edges to keep himself from being gentled.  His strong sense of justice keeps him from using his power to the best advantage.  Multiple atium spikes (about forty small ones) down his sides enable a really powerful allomancer to give him commands, but it is really hard to keep control of him.

Appearance: Dark, shoulder-length hair, about five feet tall (Earth) kind of short for a hero of legend.  Carries himself like a warrior, and walks really well.  

Personality: A bit conceited, but likeable and with a strong sense of justice.  Is one of the 'good' characters.  

Personality Quirks:  Again, a bit conceited, and he insists on everyone calling him 'Lord Moerevron'.

Bio: Grew up in 'Randland' and had a good childhood.  Disaster struck, and his whole village was burned by whitecloaks looking for witches.  Roamed about, and answered the Dragon's amnesty, and trained with Taim.  Became too powerful; as Taim said "Was not as strong before.  Became so powerful that me and ten of the Asha'man had to take him.  Slipped away before we could gentle him, no one knows where he got that kind of power..."  (Not a direct quote).  Rand and Taim never spoke of it, because they didn't want him to set a precedent.  What gave him is strength was a world hopper that gave him fifty or so atium spikes.  He spiked the other channelers and gave himself their powers, and pinned it on them burning themselves out.  They died mysteriously after that.  He never took spirit, so is still kind of weak there.  The worldhopper who gave him the spikes took him away, and made his way to the Reckonerverse.  Calamity blessed him with Epic powers, and the combined wieght of Epic darkness and Saidin's taint snapped his mind.  He got stuck in the Reckonerverse for twenty so years.  During that time, he just got more and more insane, and finally had control of most of South America.  Even among Epics he was exceptionally powerful and evil.  Rumor had it that he had hemalurgic experiments done to make himself even stronger.  Like with minor energy or phase-shifting epics.  During that time, he had major epic power, but near the end of is riegn, some of his spikes got ripped out, reducing his epic power significantly.  When both Saidin and Epic powers were cleansed, he sought healing power in the alleyverse, but is still a little mad.  He gained his strong sense of justice after that, because of the guilt of all of the atrocities he had committed.  Joined the Ghostbloods recently, but his strong sense of justice interferes with carrying out the Ghostbloods wishes.

Recent Times:

Name: Galvris Moerevron

Investiture: Still a skilled channeler, with fire and earth strength.  Still an epic with incorporeal power and energy blasts.  Incorporeal only lets objects smaller than himself pass through, so he can still be crushed or fall to his death.  Less powerful than he was before, only just less powerful than Mazrim Taim.

Skills:  His days in the caverns made him less good at walking, but he's still better than your average human.  Blademaster, but less sure of himself.  The only way he can use the forms effectively is to summon the void.  Again, a good hand-to-hand fighter, but same predicament as with his blade skills.  He's better at summoning the void, and can blot out his emotions quickly.  Can also withstand extreme pain or torture in the void.  

Weaknesses:  A warder to Ciera.  Is subject to her nonviolent ways.  Feels he owes a debt to her for healing him, and will follow everything she says without fail.  Suffers from frequent episodes of PTSD from his time in the caverns.  Almost never happens while he's in the void, but can and will happen frequently otherwise.  Still has massive amounts of atium spikes down his sides, which allows a skilled allomancer to take control.  Has a few copper spikes, which make him saneish, and is hard for allomancers to control once he's in the void, but someone like Max could still control him.  Better at handling spirit with finesse, but still weak in this area.

Appearance: Looks much as he did before, just a little more serious and haunted.  

Personality: Much less arrogant, and actually slightly likable.  Covers his pain with jokes, and his fun to talk to.  While in the caverns, he had a lot of time to reflect.

Backstory: He fell off of a cliff in Den of Thieves, along with Aeodin.  Before he fell, he was severed by a man he summoned from Tel'aran'rhiod.  He survived the fall, because without Saidin his epic power enough to let him sink into the stone to survive.  The grief of Aeodin's death drove him mad, and he wandered the caverns for days, staying incorporeal to not have to eat or drink.  Finally, he discovered that his epic powers had grown to the point where he could walk through walls.  He climbed through the ground for months, trying to find the surface.  He broke out finally one day, and realized he was near Devaan's Training Grounds.  Ciera found him there, healed his severing, and bonded him a warder.  

Guild Affiliation: Still Ghostbloods, but he's mostly affiliated to Ciera

Psyche:  Very broken.  The slightest thing could send him into a PTSD fit.  He often covers it with humor, but people can often tell.

OP Traits: 

Threat Level:  Has the power to murder everyone in the city (like Rand's little killer-cloud of lighting) but won't.  He values life much more than death.  Could be called a "good" character.  So from 0-100 about a 30.  

Story Purpose:  To provide interesting insight to inside his mind, and also to experiment with one character being warder to another.  Also, going to provide a tool for characters to use.  Will help somebody do almost anything if they present a good enough arguement.

Benefit:  Very entertaining dinner party guest.  Can do all sorts of cool party tricks with his power.  Also, can be persuaded to help either side, as long as Ciera isn't involved.  

Foible:  Ciera.  Also, he doesn't like the headache of ruling.  

Modus Operandi:  Likes evening the battlegrounds in fights.  Doesn't like to participate in fights, and if he does than he lowers himself to his opponents level.  It's not honor in his mind, but just justice.  When two people/things/abominations are fighting, he often favors one or the other with his powers to even the field.  Will wipe out half of armies just to make things even.  Has a happy-go-lucky additude, and he really doesn't care.  If the world is ending, he's confident in his ability to survive.  Therefore, he lets it happen.  Can be found sitting in a corner twiddling his thumbs often.  Sometimes does things to interfere in order to amuse himself, but mostly stays out of it.  

10 minutes ago, Voidus said:

It's an OP character so needs community approval, I was going to wait til the existing poll was done so we didn't need to worry about people who had already voted but I guess I can put this poll up here.

Galvis' profile for the reference of voters:

Thanks.  Am I ok to campaign him here?

Alrighty...

Hello pantheon of the Alleyverse!  Vargo Seldon, your local divinity of Justice, is here for a new campaign address!  The most efficient and devoted bringer of justice is back!  Yep, that's right, Galvris Moerevron!  In some channels known as Lord Moerevron!  Or Lord Moerevor!  There've been many spellings!  

He's extremely OP, true (well into the 1200's {I checked}), but his plot value far outweighs any danger he poses.  For instance, how about that warder thing?  Not only is two characters in a warder bond extremely interesting, but his loyalty to Ciera definitely blunts his power.  

Now you might be wondering... did Vargo just put an extremely powerful weapon into the hands of the Ghostbloods?  Well... yes, I did.  But!  But the Ghostbloods can't just use him to obliterate all of their enemies.  There's a saying around here that I like to reference.  It goes: "An Alleyverse character is only as powerful as you want him to be."  ~Vargo Seldon.  Basically, it means that if an extremely OP character is noncombatant, then they don't pose huge danger.  So even with his dog-like loyalty to Ciera, she can't use him to destroy anyone she wishes.

If you read the Modus Operandi, then you'll see that Galvris likes to level the playing field.  So if someone like Hellbent is fighting someone like Metronome, he'd lower Metronome to Hellbent's level (Metronome is WAAY to powerful for that).  And he has the power to do that too.  

All of these make for some interesting plot devices, and there is a multitude of others.  Just remember, if your character dies by Galvris's hand, then it was most likely an accident.  Or not.  Maybe your character was just annoying.

Have a good day!

@The Alleyverse in general

So you write, that he lowers himself, to his opponents level in case of a fight.

If you really do that, I'm alright with the character. For me its most important that, as we have a pvp setting, every character has a chance to survive.

So let's say you lower him to e.g. Mike's level for a fight/ duel. Are you willing to let him loose even though he could easily win?

@Vargo Seldon

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

So you write, that he lowers himself, to his opponents level in case of a fight.

If you really do that, I'm alright with the character. For me its most important that, as we have a pvp setting, every character has a chance to survive.

So let's say you lower him to e.g. Mike's level for a fight/ duel. Are you willing to let him loose even though he could easily win?

@Vargo Seldon

Exactly.  Galvris whole being relies on Justice.  It's justice to him to lower himself to his opponents. Level.  So if he was fighting Mike, then he would lose as long as that loss didn't result in his death.

@Sorana

2 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Well.  It looks as if Galvris passes, per community approval.  Does this mean that I can begin to RP with him @Voidus?

Yep.

For record-keeping purposes, vote was closed and final tally was
Yes: 9
No: 3
For 'Should Galvris be approved'

3 minutes ago, Invocation said:

A Talent of forgetting things/being forgotten intrigues me, but I don't know if it's feasible enough to work.

I haven't actually read the book this is from but this reminds me somewhat of a character in "American Gods" who is forgotten immediately when someone looks away from them/finishes speaking to them. I really don't know how this would be useful but it's really creepy and cool. Unless you could use it to like Inception a person, giving them a suggestion that they think is their own once they finish speaking to you.

• 2 weeks later...