So, this is for Sci-Fi planning. There is a horror, fantasy, and wild west planning thing, so we needed a sci-fi one. The idea's I have seen are from @Dr. Dapper where he said we have a planet, can't remember the name, and on the planet it is cyberpunk, and of the planet, in the space around it, it is space opera. I have a few questions that we should specify; how large is our are? Like, is it glaciate, universal, or just in the one system. I think it should just be the ne system, for simplicity's sake, but I will not argue this point. Another is, DI we have magic, and if so, what ind? Is it just minor, or do we have the force level? Do we make it form scratch, or do we include Starwars, Halo, WH40K, and or Destiny? Also, how much do we break the laws of physics in this? Does it stay strictly to Sci-Fi, or do we add in some Sci-Fa* as well? Anything else?

*This means Science Fantasy for the uniformed.

Edited by Darth Sir Woodrack Groot

Or, we could have another species that we share the system with, that we have... uneasy relations with. The plot could be that there is a group that wants war, and everyone has to pick a side. Like, TUBA is the humans, DA is the other species, and GB is the group that wants war, and Keepers(didn't forget them this time Ark) are the ones that don't want it.

24 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Or, we could have another species that we share the system with, that we have... uneasy relations with. The plot could be that there is a group that wants war, and everyone has to pick a side. Like, TUBA is the humans, DA is the other species, and GB is the group that wants war, and Keepers(didn't forget them this time Ark) are the ones that don't want it.

I'd be, in that case, a war party, alien species, peace group. :P

Wow ok, long discussion.

The idea I had originally was for there to be a jovian (large gas planet for those unaware) with several large moons around it. On those moons, we would have diffrent environments. (Cyberpunk, untamed wilds full of odd species, metal rich and airless asteroids, etc.) And in between the moons,  we could have some space opera stuff. 

That was the original idea I had.

Edited by Dr. Dapper

2 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Why would we need to handwave when we could use starwars style cross galactic hyperdrives, in system?

That's what I mean by handwaving.

This way we van have a bit harder sci-fi, without sacrificing the space opera piece.

Instead of taaking weeks or months, traveling from moon to moon would take at most a day.

I think it would be cool if we had a more localised setting. I think people forget moons are huge! And so are planets and especially all the space between them.

I really like the idea of a single gas giant, and a bunch of habited moons around it (cyberpunk) and then space opera in between the gaps, which would be a primary setting on its own. I really like that idea. Nice and localised, but vast enough you can do stuff.

And of course, different places can explore different parts of sci fi. I’m all for Dapper’s idea. Plus, it would make a cool map.