Wild West Thread Planning

Sorana

I already know what my character is going to be. :)

He’s the guardian of a little, maybe 3 month old baby who’s also one of the most powerful Rusters he’s seen. He’s a Grit, and he’s trying to get the baby to a safe place where no one can hunt it down.

Edited by I think I am here.

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

I already know what my character is going to be. :)

He’s the guardian of a little, maybe 3 month old baby who’s also one of the most powerful Rusters he’s seen. He’s a Grit, and he’s trying to get the baby to a safe place where no one can hunt it down.

Sounds awesome!

Character time! ^_^

Spoiler

Name: Gant Hargreaves

PowersAn super incredibly weak Ruster

Build/Appearance: Solid build, about average muscles for someone who’s been excersing. Average height, light brown eyes and dark brown hair that hasn’t been cut in a while and has a little bit of white crawling up the tips. Angular face with stubble, his nose his straight but if you pay attention you can see it’s been broken before.

Motto: “Everything rusts eventually.”

Skills: Very skilled in hand to hand combat and brawling in close-quarters. Is very stubborn, and has a strong will to do his task. Has knowledge of different places, and has travelled around. Isn’t quick at drawing his pistol but has a good aim.

GearA pair of hard wooden knuckles that he fights with, and a six shot revolver with some ammunition. Trousers and a messy white striped shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Has a dirty brown tie which he bought from a Scavenger which he wears. A brown cowboy hat. Cheap brown shoes. Has a satchel he wears to his side and he carries a small leatherbound journal which he writes in.

PersonalityStubborn as a rock, and as solid as one too. Reliable, and has a strong will. Is dissatisfied with the current state of The Rust, and buried deep is an adventurous spirit. Inside he’s fond of the nomads, though he scoffs sat them outside. Is generally non-confrontational nowadays (due to the child) and will try to resolve situations peacefully though is quick to anger (he’s trying to work on that). Has a blunt way of speaking, and is fairly straightforward in most things. Has a hidden sense of dry humour.

Weaknesses: Doesn’t know how to ride a horse, and likes playing cards but is bad at it. Is a laughably weak Ruster, so much so that it takes dedicated hours to rust a coin. He doesn’t even wear gloves when handling his gun because his Rusting is so super weak, even when he tries to accelerate it. Quick to anger, and is vulnerable through the child, who he protects and wants to keep alive.

HistoryWhen he heard of a baby that was born with powerful Rusting abilities he travelled to the place they lived and killed both of the parents. He tested the baby by touching it with his revolver and the gun vaporised almost immediately. He took the baby, fully intending to sell it for a large amount of money, but somewhere along the trip to Broadhead he had a change of heart and began to have feelings for the baby. He realised the baby would die quickly due to its high Rusting power and now travels, trying to find a way to find a place the baby can grow up without risk of death or theft if people realise how powerful it is.

The Child: The child is a two month old baby girl who sleeps and rests inside a brown blanket in Gant’s satchel. She is cute, and has hazel eyes and light brown coloured hair. She is mostly happy, though cries when conflict occurs. Is an incredibly powerful Ruster, capable of Rusting a revolver in a short moment. Weaknesses include being a two month old baby.

Edited by I think I am here.

17 minutes ago, Clyde Coggins said:

He probably never actually learn how to fly but I think it's an interesting idea.

PS. There was a plane that was made out of wood and worked so the idea of a plane in the rusts isn't impossible, it was called the spruce goose.

Sure! If you have some good ideas, I'm not opposed to your character ever learning how to build something that can fly in the end. I like that concept!

Character time!

Spoiler

Name: Cornelius Conagher

Build: Cornelius is 5’ and average build.

Skills: Cornelius is adept at fixing things and is great at playing the banjo.

Equipment: Cornelius has a wrench that he replaces every couple years, a snake skin banjo and throwing knives carved from wood.

Appearance: Cornelius wears a faded red shirt with gray buttons, gray workman’s pants, black suspenders, black gloves, and a fighter pilot’s helmet with goggles. He has a thin moustache and has a tan from years of wandering the desert.

Home: Cornelius lives in his hangar near Broadhead where he also handles his work. It is usually cluttered with tools, blueprints, crates, furniture, and rusty metal. There is a counter near the front door where he takes jobs.

Backstory: Cornelius Conagher was born to 2 nomad parents who wandered the wastes. His father always loved playing his banjo and his mother yearned to learn how to fly, unfortunately this ultimately led to Cornelius’s parents death when one failed flying attempt caught fire and burnt down their camp. After this, he vowed to learn the secrets of flying and to learn the banjo to honor the memory of his parents. Cornelius spent years as a nomad until he got caught in a particularly bad gunfight with an outlaw gang he decided he needed a base of operations so he looked for a place for a workshop. He eventually found the abandoned hangar and set up shop.

What do you guys think?

20 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Character time! ^_^

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Gant Hargreaves

PowersAn super incredibly weak Ruster

Build/Appearance: Solid build, about average muscles for someone who’s been excersing. Average height, light brown eyes and dark brown hair that hasn’t been cut in a while and has a little bit of white crawling up the tips. Angular face with stubble, his nose his straight but if you pay attention you can see it’s been broken before.

Motto: “Everything rusts eventually.”

Skills: Very skilled in hand to hand combat and brawling in close-quarters. Is very stubborn, and has a strong will to do his task. Has knowledge of different places, and has travelled around. Isn’t quick at drawing his pistol but has a good aim.

GearA pair of hard wooden knuckles that he fights with, and a six shot revolver with some ammunition. Trousers and a messy white striped shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Has a dirty brown tie which he bought from a Scavenger which he wears. A brown cowboy hat. Cheap brown shoes. Has a satchel he wears to his side and he carries a small leatherbound journal which he writes in.

PersonalityStubborn as a rock, and as solid as one too. Reliable, and has a strong will. Is dissatisfied with the current state of The Rust, and buried deep is an adventurous spirit. Inside he’s fond of the nomads, though he scoffs sat them outside. Is generally non-confrontational nowadays (due to the child) and will try to resolve situations peacefully though is quick to anger (he’s trying to work on that). Has a blunt way of speaking, and is fairly straightforward in most things. Has a hidden sense of dry humour.

Weaknesses: Doesn’t know how to ride a horse, and likes playing cards but is bad at it. Is a laughably weak Ruster, so much so that it takes dedicated hours to rust a coin. He doesn’t even wear gloves when handling his gun because his Rusting is so super weak, even when he tries to accelerate it. Quick to anger, and is vulnerable through the child, who he protects and wants to keep alive.

HistoryWhen he heard of a baby that was born with powerful Rusting abilities he travelled to the place they lived and killed both of the parents. He tested the baby by touching it with his revolver and the gun vaporised almost immediately. He took the baby, fully intending to sell it for a large amount of money, but somewhere along the trip to Broadhead he had a change of heart and began to have feelings for the baby. He realised the baby would die quickly due to its high Rusting power and now travels, trying to find a way to find a place the baby can grow up without risk of death or theft if people realise how powerful it is.

The Child: The child is a two month old baby girl who sleeps and rests inside a brown blanket in Gant’s satchel. She is cute, and has hazel eyes and light brown coloured hair. She is mostly happy, though cries when conflict occurs. Is an incredibly powerful Ruster, capable of Rusting a revolver in a short moment. Weaknesses include being a two month old baby.

1 hour ago, Clyde Coggins said:

Character time!

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Cornelius Conagher

Build: Cornelius is 5’ and average build.

Skills: Cornelius is adept at fixing things and is great at playing the banjo.

Equipment: Cornelius has a wrench that he replaces every couple years, a snake skin banjo and throwing knives carved from wood.

Appearance: Cornelius wears a faded red shirt with gray buttons, gray workman’s pants, black suspenders, black gloves, and a fighter pilot’s helmet with goggles. He has a thin moustache and has a tan from years of wandering the desert.

Home: Cornelius lives in his hangar near Broadhead where he also handles his work. It is usually cluttered with tools, blueprints, crates, furniture, and rusty metal. There is a counter near the front door where he takes jobs.

Backstory: Cornelius Conagher was born to 2 nomad parents who wandered the wastes. His father always loved playing his banjo and his mother yearned to learn how to fly, unfortunately this ultimately led to Cornelius’s parents death when one failed flying attempt caught fire and burnt down their camp. After this, he vowed to learn the secrets of flying and to learn the banjo to honor the memory of his parents. Cornelius spent years as a nomad until he got caught in a particularly bad gunfight with an outlaw gang he decided he needed a base of operations so he looked for a place for a workshop. He eventually found the abandoned hangar and set up shop.

What do you guys think?

Both characters look great!

@Clyde Coggins

Is your character able to leave his shop to travel a bit around, or is he bound to the region close to Broadhead?

Do we have flying boats?

I assume there's plenty of air around. :)

EDIT: Hold up. I mean, I like flying boast as much as the next guy, and they would be awesome... but I understand if you don't want them, in the wild west thread. :)

Edited by Gancho Libre

53 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

Do we have flying boats?

I assume there's plenty of air around. :)

EDIT: Hold up. I mean, I like flying boast as much as the next guy, and they would be awesome... but I understand if you don't want them, in the wild west thread. :)

Yeah, I think that would go along with all of the problems associated with Aviation.