Scadrian Murder Mystery

Nohadon

Marianne answered the strangers (=Csilen) nod with one of her own, keeping her annoyance from her face. He wouldn't have died had he told them their name before asking questions? But then, what did she expect?

"I would like to speak with them, yes."

She answered although the question hadn't been directed at her and then looked at the stranger.

"I wouldn't be opposed to you coming as well."

@Nohadon

@I think I am here.

18 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Marianne answered the strangers (=Csilen) nod with one of her own, keeping her annoyance from her face. He wouldn't have died had he told them their name before asking questions? But then, what did she expect?

"I would like to speak with them, yes."

She answered although the question hadn't been directed at her and then looked at the stranger.

"I wouldn't be opposed to you coming as well."

@Nohadon

@I think I am here.

“Great!” Csilen said, smiling. He targeted Connection at the lady, and a little bit of a noble accent developed as he Connected.

“I agree,” he said, turning to the Head Officer, Gallows. “We should talk to the witnesses. Maybe the people who saw the train arrive, and then we can work backwards if anything seemed off.”

6 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Great!” Csilen said, smiling. He targeted Connection at the lady, and a little bit of a noble accent developed as he Connected.

“I agree,” he said, turning to the Head Officer, Gallows. “We should talk to the witnesses. Maybe the people who saw the train arrive, and then we can work backwards if anything seemed off.”

“Of course.” Gallows sent an assistant officer to take them to the interrogation room, where five witnesses were lined up, there was on older lady, eyes ringed red from crying. A young man who seemed very irritated, bracelets adorned his wrists. A small child huddled next to her father, both scared, wearing formal clothing and a middle-aged man with a wild gleam in his eyes, he wore a tasseled cloak and scars lined his arms. He reverently clutched a spearhead.

Edited by Nohadon

On 04/03/2019 at 10:46 PM, Gancho Libre said:

Ay, Nohadon! this looks cool! Do we have a choice between good or bad characters?

Spoiler

It is a mystery, so long as your goal is to find the solution, play any character you like. If you have and ulterior motive PM me so I can make sure it won’t cheapen the plot

On 04/03/2019 at 10:46 PM, Gancho Libre said:

Ay, Nohadon! this looks cool! Do we have a choice between good or bad characters?

It is a mystery, so long as your goal is to find the solution, play any character you like. If you have and ulterior motive PM me so I can make sure it won’t cheapen the plot

Edited by Nohadon

On the way to the witnesses

Marianne's smile turned friendlier. Maybe the stranger wasn't that rude, and he simply had forgotten to introduce himself. Maybe she could work together with him.

"How do you plan to approach the situation?"

She asked.

"Do you prefer to devide them up, between us, or should one ask the questions and the other one observe? Or do you think it would be better if we both questioned the same person playing different roles?"

@I think I am here.

8 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“Do you prefer to devide them up, between us, or should one ask the questions and the other one observe? Or do you think it would be better if we both questioned the same person playing different roles?"

“Maybe we can do good cop bad cop?” Csilen asked, looking to the witnesses. “Which one do you want to ask first?”

22 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Maybe we can do good cop bad cop?” Csilen asked, looking to the witnesses. “Which one do you want to ask first?”

"We can do that, yes."

She looked over to the witnesses. She knew nothing about them, how should she choose with whom to start? She needed more information.

"We should ask them after their names and why they were here. Then we might be able to decide who is most important to us. What do you think?"

===================

While talking to the witnesses: May looks for signs that someone is lying/ misleading them/ holding back on information.

Mostly she does this by judging the pace they speak at, their body language, looking for nervous ticks, or of course if they contradict themselves.

Does it work for you like that? Or would you prefer me to be more specific? And is it alright if I write it down once for the conversation with all of them?

@Nohadon

Edited by Sorana

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"We can do that, yes."

She looked over to the witnesses. She knew nothing about them, how should she choose with whom to start? She needed more information.

"We should ask them after their names and why they were here. Then we might be able to decide who is most important to us. What do you think?"

===================

@Nohadon

“I think that’s a great idea,” Csilen said, then looked and shouted to the witnesses.

“Hi everyone! If you could all say your name and why you’re here, that would be great.”

1 hour ago, Young Bard said:

This looks really interesting - I'm a sucker for mysteries. I worry about whether I'll have time for this, though - how long is this expected to go on for?

It’ll be going for a while, maybe a month or two? No more than that though, maybe less

18 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“I think that’s a great idea,” Csilen said, then looked and shouted to the witnesses.

“Hi everyone! If you could all say your name and why you’re here, that would be great.”

“My name’s Lenthenil Sarak, and I’m here because I saw a rusting train arrive.” The man with the bracelets said

”I’m Rudder, this is my son, Sammy, we’re happy to help you in any way possible”

”Mrs Wanstien Hasting, my granddaughter was on that train. Have you seen her?”

The man clutching the spearhead remained silent.

HAHAHAH. JUST NOTICED SOMETHING AMAZING (nothing to do with the mystery but it’s hilarious) WHENEVER I START A NEW SENTANCE, “DEVVAN” IS ONE OF THE LISTED WORDS

Spoiler

5FFB5AD9-0C7A-4155-94F9-F3B4B3EB609F.thumb.jpeg.817ce1e3f99286076ea4fcebac7c0621.jpeg

Marinne noted down their names and then looked over to Cslien. She wasn't sure who to choose first, but maybe he would know. They all might have seen something. Then she realized, tvat she had been here as well when the train arrived. Did that make her witness, too? Well the inspector would have told her, if he needed her.

@I think I am here.

34 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Marinne noted down their names and then looked over to Cslien. She wasn't sure who to choose first, but maybe he would know. They all might have seen something. Then she realized, tvat she had been here as well when the train arrived. Did that make her witness, too? Well the inspector would have told her, if he needed her.

@I think I am here.

Csilen looked at the woman looking at him and he waved. “I think we should go for the grumpy man first,” he said. “Best to get him done with.”

He looked to her again. “So, do you want to be the good cop or the bad one?” He hummed.

16 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Csilen looked at the woman looking at him and he waved. “I think we should go for the grumpy man first,” he said. “Best to get him done with.”

He looked to her again. “So, do you want to be the good cop or the bad one?” He hummed.

"I don't know. I've never done this before."

10 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"I don't know. I've never done this before."

“So, the good cop is the nice one, who tries to make the suspect say stuff, and the bad cop, they’re supposed to scare the suspect really badly, so that they talk to the good cop, or just admit to the bad cop.”

He looked at the witness again. “So, which do you want to be? I could be both, really.” And it was the truth. Csilen could. He could be both extremes.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“So, the good cop is the nice one, who tries to make the suspect say stuff, and the bad cop, they’re supposed to scare the suspect really badly, so that they talk to the good cop, or just admit to the bad cop.”

He looked at the witness again. “So, which do you want to be? I could be both, really.” And it was the truth. Csilen could. He could be both extremes.

Marianne thought about the options. Be nice or not. Was she a nice person? She wasn't sure. He could be both, could she? How did she appear, a woman, people tended to underestimate her. Unsure how to decide she looked at the suspects.

"Good?"

She asked.

Fear took a look out the window. They were moving through True Madrial. He jumped up and waved the the other constables. He scooped up his messenger bag and made his wayto the end of the car. 

The train jolted to a stop just before pulling into the station. Fear knew why. He walked over to the end of the car and stepped out. He strode past the train he had taken and valuted up on to the platform like he owned the place.

16 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Marianne thought about the options. Be nice or not. Was she a nice person? She wasn't sure. He could be both, could she? How did she appear, a woman, people tended to underestimate her. Unsure how to decide she looked at the suspects.

"Good?"

She asked.

“Ok!” Csilen said cheerfully and looked at the bracleted man through the glass. “I think you go in first,” he said. “Try to make him comfortable, and if he resists responding you can call me in and I’ll be bad cop. That works.” He prepared to store Connection, but not now. He wanted to stay as this state as much as he could.

Just now, I think I am here. said:

“Ok!” Csilen said cheerfully and looked at the bracleted man through the glass. “I think you go in first,” he said. “Try to make him comfortable, and if he resists responding you can call me in and I’ll be bad cop. That works.” He prepared to store Connection, but not now. He wanted to stay as this state as much as he could.

Nodding she walked over to the man with the bracelets, smiling friendly.

"Hello. I'm Marianne Tekiel and I'm here to investigate what happened. Could you please tell me what you observed? Every little deatil could be important and I'd be really glad if you could help us."

There. Hopefully that wasn't too much.

@Nohadon

Should he reply, I'll try to detect a lie, as described above.

Hmmm... This looks too interesting not to take part in.

Name: Tunny

Appearance: Slightly balding, lean, wears baggy clothes. Yellowing teeth.

Powers: None.

Skills: Getting around quietly, impersonation, breaking into place, making shoes. (Spot the odd one out, everybody. :P)

Backstory: From very early on in life, Tunny grew up on the streets. He learned one thing early - if you wanted anything done, you'd best be prepared to do it yourself. Trust in others was a luxury for those with wealth. He managed to get by, through a combination of begging, pickpocketing, and the occasional con, when times were hard.

Three years ago, Tunny was involved in a con, and earned enough money to go clean. He bought a small shoe-selling store in a small away-from-anywhere town, where he's worked since. It's what he'd always wanted, yet somehow, it seemed so much more... boring than his life before. There were none of the adrenaline surges like when you reached your hand into someones pocket, not knowing if you were about to get caught. So when he heard about a mass murder, barely a few blocks from where his shop was, then that seemed like an interesting opportunity to do something a little more exciting. And, if some rich guy lost a lot of money, they'd probably be offering quite a reward to get it back.

I feel like Tunny would make an interesting counterpoint to Marianne, low-brow meets high-brow, which could be interesting.

13 hours ago, Sorana said:

Nodding she walked over to the man with the bracelets, smiling friendly.

"Hello. I'm Marianne Tekiel and I'm here to investigate what happened. Could you please tell me what you observed? Every little deatil could be important and I'd be really glad if you could help us."

There. Hopefully that wasn't too much.

@Nohadon

Lenthenil Serak nodded.

"I was sitting in Drypost station when that rusting train came in to refill it's coal stocks to finish the journey. It was early in the morning, and I saw one passenger leave."

Serak looked irritated.

"Can I leave now? I have to be getting back to drypost soon. I still work there."