Scadrian Murder Mystery

Nohadon

Welcome to Era 2 Scadrial! The sun is shining it's natural yellow, the grass is green and ash no longer falls from the sky, It's been over 340 years since the final ascension, the birds are chirping in the air and oh harmony there is blood everywhere.

Joining:

Spoiler

To join, post your character down below in a spoiler and tag me, there will be some fighting (NPC's and possible PC's as well) So here are the rules:

Character Creation Rules:

Spoiler

Keep your character from scadrial, no world hoppers please! 

Make it realistic to the times, no mistborns, full feruchemists or fullborns, some compounders are allowed, but entirely up to me whether or not they would be a detriment to the story.

(For example, I wouldn't allowed a chromium compounder due to the type of story, but I would allow a pewter compounder or tin compounder, it's a case by case basis)

Give your characters skills and flaws.

Give your characters depth.

A maximum of two characters per player please. Lets not get this too crowded.

RP Rules:

Spoiler

Use quote boxes to show out of character text. RP in third person ideally, it's easier to keep track of each character that way, if you are using multiple characters maybe begin your post with an image or a phrase that shows which character's perspective it is.

No murder hobos please, I have enough of that DM'ing my D&D table.

If there is an argument between players, I will resolve it.

Be patient! I'm not always online and neither are other players! Time zones are tricky, but follow the three day rule.
The three day rule is if someone is absent without explanation for more than three days, I will write as their character for a post or two to explain an absence.

Here's the plot so far:

Weekly Newspaper articles:

Spoiler

Week 1:

Spoiler

5c7d479cd844a_ScreenShot2019-03-04at7_41_02pm.thumb.png.4f08e840f15179542b4a7425f78ba598.png

Evidence Collected:

Spoiler

The original construction design of the place, a building was added between the tracks later in development, so it's excluded from these plans.

Spoiler

نتيجة بحث الصور عن ‪train station blueprint‬‏

Suspects:

Spoiler

Witness Statements:

Spoiler

Leads:

Spoiler

Characters:

Spoiler

Csilen (Player: Itiah)

Spoiler

Name: Csilen

Investiture/Personality: Duralumin Ferring. Has an odd mental relationship with his powers, where tapping will make him more moral, Connected, friendly and etc. while storing will actively make him evil, less Connected, less moral. The change between them is so drastic it’s almost like he’s a different person.

And obviously, being a Connector has its own advantages like learning languages etc. while storing it allows him to be unnoticeable, and will make everyone feel distant and detached from him.

Appearance: Average height, skinny, wears a messy constabulary uniform, blue eyes.

Nationality: Scadrian, works as an officer in the Elendel Constubulary.

Backstory: Grew up with Duralumin and had an odd reputation among friends. When he tapped Connection, he was bullied for being a softy and then he stored Connection and cut them with sharpened pencils. He grew up to be a constable and wanted to keep himself in check, becoming an average officer to never have to deal with bullying again and to retrain his violent side, but even now sometimes he has to use his abilities...

Marianne Tekiel (Player: Sorana)

Spoiler

Name: Marianne Tekiel (called May by a few selected ones)

Physical Characteristics: slim figured, long dark brown hair, dark eyes

Investiture: gold misting

Skills: calculating, insurance-business, poetry, philosophy

Equipment: bag with a ledger and another book with her notes, some money, a parasol, gloves

Weakness: Marianne is indecisive, she rarely makes a decision without turning around all the fact ten thousand times, which usually leads her to not making a decision at all; regularly burns gold to check her possible other selfs, to see, if she messed something up

Family: Daughter of a side-line of the house Tekiel, has a brother, her parents introduced her into the family business

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Marianne grew up in Elendel and learned everything there. Her parents introduced her into the family business, as they hoped it might help her to make a decision more easily. Right now, they are looking for a fitting husband, but Marianne does her best to avoid that topic as much as possible.

Fighting Style: uses her name to avoid fights, otherwise she hides, if desperate she’s creative about what to use as a weapon

Frearson Yomen (Player: Dwig Jigdens)

Spoiler

Name: Frearson Yomen (Goes by Fear)

Physical characteristics: Tall, heavily built man with longish blonde hair with a few white streaks. He seems to have an equal amount of muscle and fat. His face is scarred, with a strong chin covered by a dusting of golden stubble and gray eyes. He wears a vest, white shirt, black trousers, black boots, and a dark grey trench coat.

Investiture: Iron misting, pretty skilled at Pulling in creative ways.

Skills: A good detective, knows how to talk to people, quick to adapt, a good shot with a pistol.

Weaknesses: Hates the nobility, despite being one of them himself, is quick to suspect someone based on his prejudice. Loathes the government and thinks it’s corrupt. Doesn’t make friends easily.

Personality: Rough and to the point, a bit slow to laugh, takes some things a bit too seriously.

History: Born to the Yomens, Frearson chafed against the restrictions of noble life, and hated the way the nobility acted. He joined the constabulary as soon as he turned 18 and quickly distinguished himself as a great detective and officer. Ended up as a plainclothes detective after about 5 years as an investigator. He has worked as one ever since, solving crime after crime.

The new train arrived in True Madil station, a large, squat station with two tracks, going to and from Elendel, between them was a solitary office building, where accountants, ticket officers and train drivers resided both off and on duty during working hours.

Commissioner Gallows of the True Madil police was there for the arrival of the new train, burning tin, the first thing he noticed about the trains arrival was the stench of blood.

No.

Gallows ran onto the train and nearly vomited.

Corpses littered the carriages, every passenger was dead. Some had bullets in them, others had their throats slit, some were in the carriage's walkway, trying to run, they had bullets in the back of them.

Gallows ran out of the train, extinguishing his tin and sitting down, breathing heavily. Later on, forensics had identified all 24 bodied, each had purchased a tickets, no valuables were stolen from them, the only thing that was stolen was the money. 280,000 Boxings were gone from the train. 

Good luck to everyone! I am the DM for this RP, so when characters inspect things, I'll respond with what they see, control NPC's and the whole lot. Any evidence, suspects, witness statements and leads collected will be updated in the spoiler boxes when discovered by the characters. You will get weekly hints in the form of newspaper articles

Edited by Nohadon

Start by RPing your arrival on this thread, it is up to all of you whether you want to know each other previously or meet for the first time, also can we get a little backstory for Kiva please? I forgot to specify that. Whoops.

Sorana I can’t quote your post for some reason, but to answer your question it’s comepltey up to you where they come from, each backstory will give characters access to certain information (IE: A terrismen could more properly associate with a Terris suspect or witness and speak fluent Terris)

Edited by Nohadon

Can I put Csilen here? Maybe I can put Csilen from an alternate universe where hw never got caught up in that Fallen stuff. :) Bio:

Spoiler

Name: Csilen

Investiture/Personality: Duralumin Ferring. Has an odd mental relationship with his powers, where tapping will make him more moral, Connected, friendly and etc. while storing will actively make him evil, less Connected, less moral. The change between them is so drastic it’s almost like he’s a different person.

And obviously, being a Connector has its own advantages like learning languages etc. while storing it allows him to be unnoticeable, and will make everyone feel distant and detached from him.

Appearance: Average height, skinny, wears a messy constabulary uniform, blue eyes.

Nationality: Scadrian, works as an officer in the Elendel Constubulary.

Backstory: Grew up with Duralumin and had an odd reputation among friends. When he tapped Connection, he was bullied for being a softy and then he stored Connection and cut them with sharpened pencils. He grew up to be a constable and wanted to keep himself in check, becoming an average officer to never have to deal with bullying again and to retrain his violent side, but even now sometimes he has to use his abilities...

Edited by I think I am here.

11 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Sorana I can’t quote your post for some reason, but to answer your question it’s comepltey up to you where they come from, each backstory will give characters access to certain information (IE: A terrismen could more properly associate with a Terris suspect or witness and speak fluent Terris)

I'll post a character in a few hours, once I'm home.

I had an idea ^_^

1 hour ago, Nohadon said:

My D&D buddies tell me that right before (according to the last four times they've done this) they start a war with a country, so I'm slightly nervous

I should think about what I'm typing... now you know my plan for this character :P

(though honestly my favourite sentence is "this is my road.")

Here's my character, she's harmless I think.

Spoiler

Name: Marianne Tekiel (called May by a few selected ones)

Physical Characteristics: slim figured, long dark brown hair, dark eyes

Investiture: gold misting

Skills: calculating, insurance-business, poetry, philosophy

Equipment: bag with a ledger and another book with her notes, some money, a parasol, gloves

Weakness: Marianne is indecisive, she rarely makes a decision without turning around all the fact ten thousand times, which usually leads her to not making a decision at all; regularly burns gold to check her possible other selfs, to see, if she messed something up

Family: Daughter of a side-line of the house Tekiel, has a brother, her parents introduced her into the family business

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Marianne grew up in Elendel and learned everything there. Her parents introduced her into the family business, as they hoped it might help her to make a decision more easily. Right now, they are looking for a fitting husband, but Marianne does her best to avoid that topic as much as possible.

Fighting Style: uses her name to avoid fights, otherwise she hides, if desperate she’s creative about what to use as a weapon

I wrote her arrival, but nothing more, so that you have a chance to look at her bio, before she really does something.

Marianne waited for the train to arrive, her hands holding tightly to her bag, her thoughts focused on her next appointment. Hopefully she would make it in time, arriving late always caused so many inconveniences. First dinner, then probably some polite small talk, all the first steps of a dance leading up to tomorrows negotiations. She kept back, planed to let the others leave the train first, when she saw a man look inside a wagon and then vomit on the ground. Nobody left the train. Curious she took a look by herself. Corpses littered the wagon, and she hastily stepped back, then looked around. Quickly she sent a note to her father, informed him of this, and then decided to stay. She wasn't sure, who the contract of the trains insurance held, hadn't looked up with which train she had planed to travel, but if something like this happened it was of great importance for their own business.

@Nohadon

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Marianne waited for the train to arrive, her hands holding tightly to her bag, her thoughts focused on her next appointment. Hopefully she would make it in time, arriving late always caused so many inconveniences. First dinner, then probably some polite small talk, all the first steps of a dance leading up to tomorrows negotiations. She kept back, planed to let the others leave the train first, when she saw a man look inside a wagon and then vomit on the ground. Nobody left the train. Curious she took a look by herself. Corpses littered the wagon, and she hastily stepped back, then looked around. Quickly she sent a note to her father, informed him of this, and then decided to stay. She wasn't sure, who the contract of the trains insurance held, hadn't looked up with which train she had planed to travel, but if something like this happened it was of great importance for their own business.

@Nohadon

Gallows noticed the lady leave the train.

A survivor?

He hurried over to talk to Marianne.

”Excuse me missus?” He spoke in a rough voice that had a touch of Elendel accent to it.

”Were you involved with the events that transpired on the train?” He was still shaken from the sight of the corpses.

4 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Gallows noticed the lady leave the train.

A survivor?

He hurried over to talk to Marianne.

”Excuse me missus?” He spoke in a rough voice that had a touch of Elendel accent to it.

”Were you involved with the events that transpired on the train?” He was still shaken from the sight of the corpses.

Marianne turned towards the man and smiled politetly.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir...?"
she asked, without answering his question.

Edited by Sorana

Spoiler

Physical characteristics: Tall, heavily built man with longish blonde hair with a few white streaks. He seems to have an equal amount of muscle and fat. His face is scarred, with a strong chin covered by a dusting of golden stubble and gray eyes. He wears a vest, white shirt, black trousers, black boots, and a dark grey trench coat.

Skills: A good detective, knows how to talk to people, quick to adapt, a good shot with a pistol.

Weaknesses: Hates the nobility, despite being one of them himself, is quick to suspect someone based on his prejudice. Loathes the government and thinks it’s corrupt. Doesn’t make friends easily.

Personality: Rough and to the point, a bit slow to laugh, takes some things a bit too seriously.

History: Born to the Yomens, Frearson chafed against the restrictions of noble life, and hated the way the nobility acted. He joined the constabulary as soon as he turned 18 and quickly distinguished himself as a great detective and officer. Ended up as a plainclothes detective after about 5 years as an investigator. He has worked as one ever since, solving crime after crime.

Tada!!!!

@Nohadon

Edited by Dr. Dapper

Csilen walked in, not tapping or storing. He hated it. He was so bland, such an average officer, blending right into the True Madil background.

He walked with one hand rubbing his eyes and another grasping the cup of coffee in his hand. The empty cup. He threw it in the bin.

He approached the man and lady already present. “Yes, there was a murder?” He looked to the train and his widened briefly. “Or multiple murders. Either one’s a crime, really.”

9 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Approved! I’ll put it in the OP now, and ITIAH, we are in true Madison right now, not elendel.

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

Marianne turned towards the man and smiled politetly.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir...?"
she asked, without answering his question.

“Gallows, commissioner Gallows. Were you a survivor? Can you tell us what happened?”

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Csilen walked in, not tapping or storing. He hated it. He was so bland, such an average officer, blending right into the Elendel background.

He walked with one hand rubbing his eyes and another grasping the cup of coffee in his hand. The empty cup. He threw it in the bin.

He approached the man and lady already present. “Yes, there was a murder?” He looked to the train and his widened briefly. “Or multiple murders. Either one’s a crime, really.”

“Y-yes, you’re the elendel constable they sent up? Perhaps you could take a look inside the train.”

When inspecting an object or place, play it like D&D, attempt to inspect the object then I will tell you what you see, the train has six carriages, you will get more accurate results the more detailed your actions are. Saying “Joe inspects the train” will get different results to “Joe inspects the third carriage, taking a look under each seat as he passed”

5 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

“Gallows, commissioner Gallows. Were you a survivor? Can you tell us what happened?”

"Sadly I can't no. I observed you take a look inside, and couldn't resist to take a look myself. Gruesome, absolutely gruesome. Lady Marianne Tekiel, my name. I hope you don't mind if I stay around, follow the investigations?"

She plastered a polite smile on her face. If he answered no, she would probably ignore it, but then, there was protocol to follow.

Thanks! 

(True Madison. I am wheezing.)

Fear folded up his copy of the Elendel Daily and looked out the window. They were still in the Basin, but far from Elendel. He chacked his watch. It was getting to be late afternoon. Perhaps he would head to the dinning car and get something to eat. Yes, that sounded like a good idea. He got up from his chair and porposefully made his way to the dining car.

10 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Sadly I can't no. I observed you take a look inside, and couldn't resist to take a look myself. Gruesome, absolutely gruesome. Lady Marianne Tekiel, my name. I hope you don't mind if I stay around, follow the investigations?"

She plastered a polite smile on her face. If he answered no, she would probably ignore it, but then, there was protocol to follow.

“Of course, we would appreciate all the help we can get. This would be a nightmare if word was spread that the train was robbed, the broadsheets would have a field day, so please keep it quiet”

9 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Fear folded up his copy of the Elendel Daily and looked out the window. They were still in the Basin, but far from Elendel. He chacked his watch. It was getting to be late afternoon. Perhaps he would head to the dinning car and get something to eat. Yes, that sounded like a good idea. He got up from his chair and porposefully made his way to the dining car.

Wait, sorry, I’m tired and can’t seem to make sense of this, which train were you on? 

28 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

“Ye-yes, you’re the elendel constable they sent up? Perhaps you could take a look inside the train.”

Thanks. Edited

Csilen nodded. He was so tired. He looked to the noblewoman, and nodded to her, then tapped Connection. He tapped it to be more Connected to this place, it’s inhabitants, and subsequently, his psychology changed too.

“So, are any witnesses?” He said in a friendly way, a True Madil accent at his lips. “I’d love to question them, see what they know.”

The tired, average Csilen was replaced with a cheerful, happy, one. The change was surprising.

If you haven’t seen him in the Fallen threads, he’s basically Good Cop/ Bad Cop from the Lego Movie :P 

5 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Csilen nodded. He was so tired. He looked to the noblewoman, and nodded to her, then tapped Connection. He tapped it to be more Connected to this place, it’s inhabitants, and subsequently, his psychology changed too.

“So, are any witnesses?” He said in a friendly way, a True Madil accent at his lips. “I’d love to question them, see what they know.”

The tired, average Csilen was replaced with a cheerful, happy, one. The change was surprising.

“A couple people saw the train arrive in this stop, plus the others we found in the stops it made to add more coal. Would you like to speak with them?” Gallows immediately became suspicious about the change in attitudes, but it was immediately dismissed in favour of a fond relation to Csilen. He seems like a good man, climbing his way though the ranks of the constalbury like he did so many years ago. He was inclined to help the young man.