Book 4 Predictions

Inky

highly doubt the whole KaladinxJasnah pairing ever happening. If for no other reason then... Kaladin is barely 20 and Jasnah is in her mid-to-late thirties. It's kinda creepy, actually.

As for predictions:

(I'm trying to think of things I haven't seen everywhere)

- Ash or Shallan's brother begin down the path of Dustbringers.

- Bridge 4 finds out the truth of what happened between Moash and Kaladin

- The resistance takes back Alethkar(or just Kholinar), maybe using Navani's flying boat

- There are more developments involving the church, but the plot line's culmination happens in book 5 along with Szeth's crusade and removing Ishar as a threat(either through violent or peaceful means).

Hoid vs Odium

Sibling reveal

Dai Gonarthis unleashed

Kaladin 4 Oath

More references about Warbreaker

Vivenna and Vasher meeting

Nightblood and Vasher reunion

The book will finish with Szeth going to Shinovar

We’re gonna get more listener songs. 

Bridge four dying/ breaking with Kaladin somehow, possibly over Moash. 

Shallan almost-suicide scene. Not Adolin stopping her? Maybe Jasnah or Navani 

Navani and Jasnah get in a fight, possibly over Shallan.

Renarin glys reveal, maybe they’re all scared of him. We’ve already had a “shockingly, I don’t kill you” scene, so we need to have something with people NOT trusting him. 

Rock goes back to peaks? With his shards?

Hoid and Renarin meet and already know each other. 

Dalinar swears fourth oath

Kaladin really struggles, maybe Hessina dies? (Or Bridge Four)

Gavinir and Jasnah scene, not sure how she will react around kids. 

2 hours ago, Lightwing8888 said:

Hoid and Renarin meet and already know each other. 

They do

2 hours ago, Lightwing8888 said:

Kaladin really struggles, maybe Hessina dies? (Or Bridge Four)

How about this

Edited by Booknerd

11 hours ago, Lightwing8888 said:

Rock goes back to peaks? With his shards?

I am not convinced Rock feels he has a need to return with shards, especially with his religion and being a squire would enlighten him to the disrespectfulness of wielding the corpse of a dead spren.

i like to think Rock will bond with the honor spren ‘Queen’. I forget what her name was, but she accepted Rock’s offering of stormlight.  I think it’d be cool (given how there seems to be something special about him) that he bonds with another spren too, maybe a willshaper.  I know there is a theory he may be a bondsmith candidate as well, this is just an alternative I just came up with.

22 minutes ago, Nuatoma said:

I am not convinced Rock feels he has a need to return with shards, especially with his religion and being a squire would enlighten him to the disrespectfulness of wielding the corpse of a dead spren.

i like to think Rock will bond with the honor spren ‘Queen’. I forget what her name was, but she accepted Rock’s offering of stormlight.  I think it’d be cool (given how there seems to be something special about him) that he bonds with another spren too, maybe a willshaper.  I know there is a theory he may be a bondsmith candidate as well, this is just an alternative I just came up with.

Ooh I really like that! I had forgotten about that scene, but it could be really cool. I feel like Rock as a character has a lot of potential, and I really can't wait to learn more about him!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2020 at 9:47 PM, BasementDwellingRadiant said:

- ...maybe using Navani's flying boat

I had totally forgotten about the crazy flying boats! Would be super cool to see these become a thing at some point. Where can we get to that would need one...?

On 4/7/2020 at 10:13 AM, Lightwing8888 said:

Shallan almost-suicide scene. Not Adolin stopping her? Maybe Jasnah or Navani 

I think that it would be kind of cool if Kaladin stops her, because he had his own almost-suicide scene in tWoK. Personally, I would like to see it in the build-up to his 4th Oath.

1 hour ago, BloomAgeOne said:

I think that it would be kind of cool if Kaladin stops her, because he had his own almost-suicide scene in tWoK. Personally, I would like to see it in the build-up to his 4th Oath.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. I agree! It would be cool if it was kinda paralleled to his.

. rhythm of war is a listener song

. Navani and Gavilar's early marriage will be explored 

. Cultivation will appear (present time) 

. Odium will appear (present time) 

. Someone will go to Braize

. Shallan's persona conflict will be solved (I hope :angry:

On 4/7/2020 at 5:47 AM, BasementDwellingRadiant said:

highly doubt the whole KaladinxJasnah pairing ever happening. If for no other reason then... Kaladin is barely 20 and Jasnah is in her mid-to-late thirties. It's kinda creepy, actually.

As for predictions:

(I'm trying to think of things I haven't seen everywhere)

- Ash or Shallan's brother begin down the path of Dustbringers.

- Bridge 4 finds out the truth of what happened between Moash and Kaladin

- The resistance takes back Alethkar(or just Kholinar), maybe using Navani's flying boat

- There are more developments involving the church, but the plot line's culmination happens in book 5 along with Szeth's crusade and removing Ishar as a threat(either through violent or peaceful means).

For some reason my partial quote wasn't working (my computer's problem, not the site). I like your theories!

However, on the topic of Kaladin and Jasnah I disagree. The age gap isn't too wide and it happens more often then people think in reality too - Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, anybody?* Secondly, Sanderson has had relationships with older men with younger women, and that barely raises a blink of an eye (Allriane and Marasi are allowed to date older men because they're the initiators apparently*), so why should we be up in arms about the reverse? Lastly, so long as the relationship dynamics and boundaries put in place are fair and respected, what is the problem? But that's enough of a tangent about the age difference shenanigans. What does their relationship have to do with predictions?

We all "know" that Kaladin is going to swear his Fourth Ideal in this book; Jasnah may provide a way for Kaladin to swear it without Lirin dying. But on the note of Lirin dying...

6 hours ago, Goatbringer said:

Man he's definitely gonna die. If there's one thing I'm almost sure of in this book it's that Lirin's gonna die so that Kaladin can get to his Fourth Ideal.

Bet's on when? I'm going that if he's going to die, it's going to be in the first part of the book, almost right after that cold open. 

*Other couples include Tina Turner and Erwin Bach (16 year age difference, married for 7), Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union (9 year age difference, married for 6), and Hugh Jackman and Deborra Lee-Furness (13 year age difference, married for 24).

*About Marasi

Spoiler

While she doesn't end up with Wax, her age is only a fraction of the problem. Had Wax not been still mourning the death of Lessie, or had she met him a few months earlier, Wax would have most likely ended up with her.

On 4/6/2020 at 5:30 PM, Frustration said:

Szeth kills someone.

It is actually possible he spends the entire book in prison.

8 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

However, on the topic of Kaladin and Jasnah I disagree. The age gap isn't too wide and it happens more often then people think in reality too - Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, anybody?* Secondly, Sanderson has had relationships with older men with younger women, and that barely raises a blink of an eye (Allriane and Marasi are allowed to date older men because they're the initiators apparently*), so why should we be up in arms about the reverse? Lastly, so long as the relationship dynamics and boundaries put in place are fair and respected, what is the problem? But that's enough of a tangent about the age difference shenanigans. What does their relationship have to do with predictions?

Marasi was never in a relationship with Wax.  Mostly because it was supper weird.  Allriane happend because Ham made a comment and Brandon thought "wait a minute what if that were true?"  I do think Jasnah and Kaladin would be a match made in hell regardless.  Also I am 70% sure she is ace.

8 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Bet's on when? I'm going that if he's going to die, it's going to be in the first part of the book, almost right after that cold open. 

I am betting your wrong on the grounds that I think a large number of the fans would be pissed off by such a casual and meaningless death.

4 hours ago, Karger said:

It is actually possible he spends the entire book in prison.

I am betting your wrong on the grounds that I think a large number of the fans would be pissed off by such a casual and meaningless death.

I am betting you wrong on the grounds that I think everyone would be mad at such a waste of potential. :)

13 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I am betting you wrong on the grounds that I think everyone would be mad at such a waste of potential. :)

I am betting that It wouldn't happen in the first part because then all of the fans will know about it before the book is actually released because Brandon will release it beforehand like OB

On 4/11/2019 at 4:10 AM, Ahriman said:

In other news, I expect another Herald to be dead by the end of the next book.

Any thoughts on which one? Taln and Ash are supposedly getting books in the back half so they're unlikely. Nale, maybe?

A couple of things I'd like to see in Book 4:
 - Azure/Vivenna finding Vasher
 - More information on Ishar
 - Lift/Nightblood interaction
 - Rysn update