Book 4 Predictions

Inky

12 minutes ago, CrazyRioter said:

I expect Navani to take primary responsibility for looking after Gavinor, she's the mothering type and likely less busy than Jasnah will be, and he's her grandkid. Jasnah might officially adopt him, but I doubt she'll have much time for him for practical reasons.

Isn't that what Parshmen are fo..........oh wait.....We might get more insight of lighteyes learning other tasks that the Listeners used to do, like child-rearing.

13 hours ago, CrazyRioter said:

I expect Navani to take primary responsibility for looking after Gavinor, she's the mothering type and likely less busy than Jasnah will be, and he's her grandkid. Jasnah might officially adopt him, but I doubt she'll have much time for him for practical reasons.

Skar, Drehy, and the rest of Bridge 4 will end up as honorary family.

True, she won't be the primary caretaker. Navani makes sense, and it might help her deal with the loss of Elhokar in some ways. I just like the idea of Jasnah out of her comfort zone trying to logic bomb a 4-year old :)

Edited by Child of Hodor

49 minutes ago, Angsos said:

Jasnah interacting with young kids would be something worthy of Alcatraz.

I live for this. 

8 hours ago, Winds Alight said:

I'm not sure whether B4 will be willing to give Gavinor back. I mean, with Drehy and Skar rescuing him from Kholinar he's practically B4's adopted son. ;) Like ... 30 and a half men.

Love this idea! Can't decide whether I want Rock carrying him around like the Inuit do or in front like a Bjorn. I know he's not exactly a baby anymore, but he's still small. 

Image result for inuit baby carrier

Image result for baby carrier  front traditional

Edited by Child of Hodor

I definitely want mentions of Gavinor and Oroden. So much. And for them to be more prominent in the back 5 would be fantastic  

But I have one last guess on something that will show up in Book 4. (Or that I hope will at least.) More Nohadon weirdness. At least once. Though maybe it will wait until Book 5 since there wasn’t much in Book 2 and Dalinar will be more prominent again in that book. 

Also, I’m just changing my mindset on thinking about what will happen Book 4. We’ve got to think ahead to Book 5 a little too. We know it is Szeth’s book which leads me to believe that Szeth will not get to move forward too much on his goal to cleanse Shinovar. But Book 4 will need to put him in a place where he can by the end of the book. So I suspect part of the reason Dalinar doesn’t let him go yet will be trust issues. Szeth is going to have to prove himself to everyone. I also think the coalition will have their hands full just trying to get to Shinovar. They are in some ways surrounded by enemy forces in Alethkar and forces in the Iri/Rira area. Fighting a war on 2 fronts is not going to be easy. I think this book will focus on the Alethkar front along with the Horneater peaks. (Horneaters have better tie ins to the Listeners while Rirans and Iriali fit better in Book 5 since that could have been Dalinar’s book and Evi is from there.) So somehow in this Book Szeth will prove himself, and they will deal with enough war issues that they will be able to move toward Shinovar. Or something will happen that will leave them no choice but to go there in Book 5. Wow. That got more long-winded than I thought. I was just writing thoughts as they came. 

• 1 month later...

I think a good portion of Book 4 is going to have to deal with the fallout from Dalinar's Memoir. What do you think the implications are going to be regarding the Kholin family? As far as we know, both Adolin and Renarin only know the public version of what happened at the Rift. Once the memoir goes out, they're going to find out how their mother really died. Both boys idealize their father, Adolin in particular. I can't imagine this is going to go over well. Where do you think this knowledge is going to take the Kholin boys in their individual stories?

Second is, how is the Ardentia is going to react to the Memoir? Personally, I think the Ardentia would try for a power play with or without the Memoir, but now they have an excuse. The foreshadowing about the Hierocracy was about as subtle as a sledgehammer by book 3. But Dalinar's memoir itself - being written by Dalinar's own hand - is a direct defiance to Vorin culture and it's a serious threat to the subtle power structure the Ardentia has maintained.

So I think that the Ardentia is going to start making some drastic moves, and Kadash is going to be stuck in the middle of it all. In Book 4, I predict that Kadash is going to become one of the more realmatically aware characters in the story, and he's going be responsible for finding out who (or what) is pulling the strings within the Ardentia. He may even end up being Radiant or at least a squire to one by the end. A part of me would really like to see how a direct confrontation between Kadash and the Nightwatcher would turn out, though I can see him attracting an Inkspren too. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Coyote_Durango said:

So I think that the Ardentia is going to start making some drastic moves, and Kadash is going to be stuck in the middle of it all. In Book 4, I predict that Kadash is going to become one of the more realmatically aware characters in the story, and he's going be responsible for finding out who (or what) is pulling the strings within the Ardentia. He may even end up being Radiant or at least a squire to one by the end. A part of me would really like to see how a direct confrontation between Kadash and the Nightwatcher would turn out, though I can see him attracting an Inkspren too. Thoughts?

I am really curious about where things will go next with the Vorin church. Everything they think they knew is being turned on its head and I don’t think they go down without a fight. I also really don’t know how they will fit in with all the storylines we have left. I mean I trust Brandon to make things pull together well, but since I’m hoping for Book 4 to be Singer/Listener-centric and Book 5 to be Shin-centric given the viewpoint characters, I just wonder what room is left for the Ardentia. 

46 minutes ago, Subvisual Haze said:

By the end of it I expect I will be seriously considering adopting the "kill all humans" viewpoint.

Why?

I’m being serious here. Let’s say that the humans from however many thousand years ago were evil. Despite the fact we know that not all of them were.

Even if they were all evil, how does that make it right to murder innocents today?

How is anyone responsible for the actions of the past? How about the people that never bought or sold Singers? Innocents that never owned another individual in their entire lives?

Your response just strikes me as extreme. Anytime the knee jerk reaction is ‘KILL THEM ALL’ I think a closer look needs to be taken at your own biases. Regardless of what the author writes

An example, in the real world, would be the Arabic slave trade, capturing 17 MILLION slaves. That’s not even counting the descendants of slaves. Many of whom ended up in the Americas as slaves.

I would never advocate killing modern Arabs based on that. Anyone who does is psychopathic 

On 4/8/2019 at 8:28 PM, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

Just wait, in book 4 a new character will be introduced and get a lot of screen time, and only near the end will we find out they were actually another one of Shallan’s personalities the whole time.:ph34r:

With her fantastic mental state, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm probably going to start suspecting any new characters of being her now.

1 hour ago, Subvisual Haze said:

As this book is from Eshonai's viewpoint I expect it to be full of tragedy from the perspective of a heavily oppressed minority.  By the end of it I expect I will be seriously considering adopting the "kill all humans" viewpoint.

Eshonai wasn't among the Parshmen, so I wouldn't call it so much a minority as a nation that is being badly beaten in a war. I'll be interested to see what Listener society was like before contact with Alethkar, if we get the chance to see that. We've been told things, but we haven't actually seen it for ourselves.

In other news, I expect another Herald to be dead by the end of the next book.

2 hours ago, Wintersu said:

Why?

I’m being serious here. Let’s say that the humans from however many thousand years ago were evil. Despite the fact we know that not all of them were.

Even if they were all evil, how does that make it right to murder innocents today?

How is anyone responsible for the actions of the past? How about the people that never bought or sold Singers? Innocents that never owned another individual in their entire lives?

Your response just strikes me as extreme. Anytime the knee jerk reaction is ‘KILL THEM ALL’ I think a closer look needs to be taken at your own biases. Regardless of what the author writes

An example, in the real world, would be the Arabic slave trade, capturing 17 MILLION slaves. That’s not even counting the descendants of slaves. Many of whom ended up in the Americas as slaves.

I would never advocate killing modern Arabs based on that. Anyone who does is psychopathic 

Thank you for enlightening me that murder is a bad thing, and even more impressively you managed to signal your opposition to genocide without referencing the Holocaust.  Moving forward I will no longer advocate for the slaughter of my own species, as this is wrong.  It seems rather foolish of me to say such a thing in the first place!

On 4/8/2019 at 4:44 PM, Coyote_Durango said:

I have an entire Kadash is a stoneward thread going.

I think someone like Ialia or Taravangian is going to bond the Nightwatcher.  I love the problems that this could cause and I wonder what their oaths will be(Unity does not make sense for her). Do you think that Nightwatcher's bondsmith can give boons like she can?

I think Rock will be acclaimed king of the Horneaters.  He did win a shardblade after all so it is only fair.  The Horneaters need a king for the coming desolation and Rock would be an amazing king.

I also think by the end of book 4 team radiant will have some kind of endgame figured out that they will try to implement in book 5  I hope it involves using Nightblood to permanently kill the fused.  Perhaps getting it to Braize?  Can the fused resist holding Nightblood?

3 minutes ago, Karger said:

I think Rock will be acclaimed king of the Horneaters.  He did win a shardblade after all so it is only fair.  The Horneaters need a king for the coming desolation and Rock would be an amazing king. 

I don’t know where Sanderson is going with Rock.

Right after Rock kills Amaram, Kaladin wonders to himself that there is No Way he could have pulled the Shardbow.

Will Rock end up being a Windrunner? He’s currently a squire, but Sanderson has said its possible to become of a different Order after squiring for one.

Very interested to see what happens to him

Just now, Wintersu said:

Right after Rock kills Amaram, Kaladin wonders to himself that there is No Way he could have pulled the Shardbow.

Will Rock end up being a Windrunner? He’s currently a squire, but Sanderson has said its possible to become of a different Order after squiring for one.

I belive that it is Rock's Parshendi heritage and subsequent dip in one of cultivation's pools that allows him increased strength.