The city of the lake

beantheboy12

Want to join in? Go to this link:

AJ stood soaked on top of small platform above a bustling city as Thought followed behind. “Welcome,” he said, “To the city of the lake, Edopus.”

He began to scale a ladder down to the base levels, the most populated areas in which they could disappear. Calamity had sent him here a few years back. Luckily, everyone was flagged here and there were no cops. Only mercenaries. And those mercenaries would know to stay away from Calamity’s chosen. “Stay close,” he said. “There are dangerous people here.”

Edited by beantheboy12

He took her hand and pulled her into a bustling street, looking for a place to stay. He glanced up at the dim sunlight from above. Hopefully nobody would think to dive down any time soon. Only a few people would know anyway. 

He stopped at a corner and used a portal to stealthily grab a handful of coins from a store and another to steal a loaf of bread. He split it in half and gave the larger half to Thought.

“What was your name again? I don’t want to keep on thinking of you as thought.”

Edited by beantheboy12

As they finished their meal, AJ looked around and noticed a few shady people watching them from dark corners. He recognized a few of them as crime Lord’s special mercenaries. “Inside,” AJ said urgently as he rushed Thougt inside a tavern.

Thought shrugged. "Alright." She paused. "I need a weapon. A gun. As you said, a dueling cane can't do much when it comes to long-range weapons. And I hate having to stand back and watching things happen. If I was a Shard, none of this would be happening. And you would likely be dead..."

AJ laughed. “Of course I would be dead, but I like you better mortal.” He paused. “I’ll just go this time. I move fast alone.” He started toward the door than paused. AJ turned around and kissed Thought on the cheek before going again.

Thought blushed at the kiss and watched him go. She sat down at a table. I like you better mortal, he had said. She didn't quite know what to think about that.

And... there was something else. Ever since they had entered Edopus she had had an unshakeable feeling that something was wrong. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

AJ walked out to the bustling street again and began to look for a handgun. One made of polished steel caught his attention. He inconspicuously examines it from across the street. It was an 8 shot repeating gun. That would do. He quickly made a small portal to grab the gun with a well trained hand and shoved it into his pocket. A few yells sounded from the booth. “Storm it,” he said as he tried to blend in and return to the inn. As he heard footsteps even when he took isolated trails, he quickly turned around and pointed his gun at the man’s head.