The Western Village

beantheboy12

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/84037-fallen/ Click here to join.

AJ ducked into the alley with Thought close behind him. A patrol of village police officers patrolled past. A close call. He thought. They almost found us. He waited a moment, and then stepped out of the alley. The market wasn't that far off. He preferred to stay in this village for as little time as possible so he ran out, holding a hood to his face, towards the nearest vender's booth. Jewelry. That wouldn't help. Though Thought might like it. He walked to a corner and waited for the vender's back to be turned to create a portal to grab a beautiful amethyst necklace. He examined it and gave it to her.

SepLar strode confidently through the village, coat flaring out behind her. 

Hey Sep, I'm getting a bit peckish. the voice in her head mumbled

Ok. she thought back brightly Let's get something to eat. 

Yes. But no rotting meat today. I'm craving bread.

SepLar silently agreed and made her towards a bakery stall in the market. She produced enough money to buy three rolls, picked them out and thanked the baker kindly. 

She continued on her way, chewing on a roll as she walked.

Weeper stopped tapping Mental Speed. The street jerked back to normal speed.

'Wrong street,' she thought, then started walking down it, ignoring the seller people.

Hey guys, I'll be off all night and toimoorrow too. See yall later! Feel free not to wait for me. :)

35 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

A patrol of village police officers patrolled past. A close call. He thought. They almost found us. 

“Not here,” Csilen said to his leading officer, looking around the corner. “We might’ve lost them, sir.”

“Impossible, they have to be here.”

Csilen continued looking tiredly around, and scratched his side idly. He needed some coffee. Late nights at the constabulary often weren’t good for him. But the guys upstairs had been stretching them thin, trying to find these ‘fugitives’ or somesuch. Putting a hand to his hip he brought up a megaphone. A newer invention, something the constabulary was eager to prove worked.

With a nod from his leading officer, Csilen stepped on a high point and activated the megaphone.

“Attention citizens! We have reason to believe there’s fugitive activity in the area! Should you see a...” he looked down. What detail did they even have of the fugitives. “Should you see a man and a woman who look particularly shady, please do not hesitate to contact the nearest constable. Thank you for your time.” Csilen hopped off and yawned, turning off the microphone. Maybe Connection could help him.

SepLar continued walking, now paying close attention to the people around her. Vendors hawked their wares, trying to convince tourists and locals alike that they had the best prices in the market. Urchins wove through the crowds, and police officers were aroundin force. All this she quickly observed with a glance. 

She cast her eyes about again, this time searching for those who looked suspicious. Her observations found nothing, until Killen spoke up,

There, the young couple by the jewelry booth. Look at the way he is slouching, Sep. Those are two who do not want to be noticed.

"Well done, Kie. Let's keep an eye on 'em. I want to see where they go."

Then the constables announced that there could be fugitives in the area.

"The plot thickens. Looks like the conners are looking fora man and a woman. Unlikely it could be a conicidence."

Edited by Dr. Dapper

24 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Thought took the necklace, a little skeptical. "Is this some sort of peace offering?"

AJ nodded. I don’t want to keep on having to glare at you. He stood up and glanced around the crowd. “People are watching us. We need to split up and find our supplies faster.” AJ passed a pouch full of coins to her. “Hurry. Meet me outside the inn.”

I was right again. Look at them run.

"Yeah, yeah. So do you wanna chase down the guy or the gal?"

I would prefer just letting the conners take care of it. But, I think the man would be better. Don't ask me why, Sep, I don't know.

"Ok" SepLar responded, knowing not to question him further. She set her sights on the man, who was bolting away and began running after him.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

I was right again. Look at them run.

"Yeah, yeah. So do you wanna chase down the guy or the gal?"

I would prefer just letting the conners take care of it. But, I think the man would be better. Don't ask me why, Sep, I don't know.

"Ok" SepLar responded, knowing not to question him further. She set her sights on the man, who was bolting away and began running after him.

This is me right. @Dr. Dapper

There was a commotion it seemed. Csilen looked just in time to see some running movement. Had the fugitives heard the announcement and bolted? Maybe he could catch them. Swerving through an alley he tapped Connection to this little village, like, he’d been born here. Suddenly, as though it was muscle memory, he knew which alleys to go through, which places to run.

He found a woman running and tried to stop her. “Hey there!” he said, smiling. He was always... different when he tapped connection. He was connected to the people, he became more empathetic, nicer. “We just happened to notice you were running? Is there anything we can help you with? Could we see some identification please, ma’am?”

@Dr. Dapper

A woman man? :P

The mystery man ducked through a magic gateway. Through the gate, she could see roofing tiles.

Kie, look, a portal. Looks like we have an enhanced on our hands." 

Yes. So now?

"Wait. You seem a bit eager, Kie."

She jumped up against the side of a building, melting her flesh a little bit so it sunk into the porous brick, and began climbing. She quckly reached the roofline and clambered up, reforming her hands. 

SepLar quickly spotted the man ducking behind a chimney.

"Hi there!" she called out cheerfully "What'cha doing up here?"

Ahh! Sorry Itiah. 

She looked down, noticing a conner below. Had he been there before? 

Edited by Dr. Dapper

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

There was a commotion it seemed. Csilen looked just in time to see some running movement. Had the fugitives heard the announcement and bolted? Maybe he could catch them. Swerving through an alley he tapped Connection to this little village, like, he’d been born here. Suddenly, as though it was muscle memory, he knew which alleys to go through, which places to run.

He found a woman running and tried to stop her. “Hey there!” he said, smiling. He was always... different when he tapped connection. He was connected to the people, he became more empathetic, nicer. “We just happened to notice you were running? Is there anything we can help you with? Could we see some identification please, ma’am?”

@Dr. Dapper

That's not me, is it? I am incapacitated at the moment. 

Thought heard noise from outside the alley. She was worried. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

The mystery man ducked through a magic gateway. Through the gate, she could see roofing tiles.

Kie, look, a portal. Looks like we have an enhanced on our hands." 

Yes. So now?

"Wait. You seem a bit eager, Kie."

She jumped up against the side of a building, melting her flesh a little bit so it sunk into the porous brick, and began climbing. She quckly reached the roofline and clambered up, reforming her hands. 

SepLar quickly spotted the man ducking behind a chimney.

"Hi there!" she called out cheerfully "What'cha doing up here?"

“Leave me bounty hunter!” AJ cries as he blasted at her in the head with a spray of bullets.

12 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Thought heard noise from outside the alley. She was worried. 

A glowing figure landed behind the sandbags Thought was on. "Be less concerned about the law that is out there, and be more concerned with the law that is behind you now," Okameahelemakeakaheuhanei'ike'oleikameanānaeho'opa'i growled. "I have authorization to do what needs to be done to those who who it needs to be done to. Are you one of the subjects of this hunt?"

SepLar's skin spit open at several points and Armorlings flooded out, covering her body. It took five seconds for the suit to lock into place, but that wasn't long enough. Two bullets slammed into her before the suit could cover her body. 

The suit was one cool piece of hardware. It appeared to be a single substance, covering her whole body. It hugged her body, looking sleek and rusting awesome. Kiellan had decided on the color scheme. Rust red with white accents. 

As the Armorlings covered her head and face, she finally spoke

"I'm no bounty hunter? Suspicious much?"

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

A glowing figure landed behind the sandbags Thought was on. "Be less concerned about the law that is out there, and be more concerned with the law that is behind you now," Okameahelemakeakaheuhanei'ike'oleikameanānaeho'opa'i growled. "I have authorization to do what needs to be done to those who who it needs to be done to. Are you one of the subjects of this hunt?"

Thought paled, swallowing. She shook her head. "I swear, I've done nothing wrong. I've hurt my ankle. I need help."