Kel thought

stonedshaman

15 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I think there was a WoB that he isn’t using his original body?

I'm not very good at searching Arcanum, but I found this: (Stormlight Spoilers!)

Spoiler

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

How do the Heralds come back? How do they a physical body?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

That system will be explained in the coming books, so that is a RAFO. I'm gonna dig into it pretty deeply. It's relevant for multiple reasons.

In the original version, Taln ended up in someone else, like they would get a body from someone else, which was part of fueling the "Is he crazy, is he not," because people were like, "I recognize this guy!" I don't use that system anymore.

That's what I was wondering, because the Fused...

They use something kind of more like the Fused in the original draft, it's not that process anymore.

Is that gonna give us lead-ins to how it worked with Kelsier?

Maybe. Maybe. You shall see.

Skyward Chicago signing (Nov. 16, 2018)

Edited by Invocation

9 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I think there was a WoB that he isn’t using his original body?

Are you thinking of this one, which confirms that it's not Spook's body?

Questioner

In Bands of Mourning, we learned that the Sovereign, who they confused as being the Lord Ruler, came after the Catacendre. [He] was their god, was their king and god. And then Kelsier looking for a string. Is the spike somehow connecting Kelsier's soul to Spook's body.

Brandon Sanderson

No, good question. It is connecting his soul with his body, his current body, but it is not Spook's body. That's a great theory.

Arcanum Unbounded release party (Nov. 22, 2016)

There are only two WoBs about Kelsier's bones, and both are RAFOs

iwinUlose2

In Mistborn 3, What happened to Kelsier's bones, and will they play any significance in any of the sequels?

Brandon Sanderson

The bones survived the events of the last book. We might see them again. Speaking of relic-like items, Sazed's rings survived as well. We might see those again.

Barnes and Noble Book Club Q&A (July 8, 2009)

Questioner

Where did the body Kelsier is using come from?

Brandon Sanderson

That’s actually a RAFO. You will find out about that, probably in a Secret History, if I get to it. Eventually, I’ll answer that question for people. I don’t want to answer it now, because it is something I could put into a book.

Questioner

I just realized that his body, most of it was gone. The bones might still be around.

Brandon Sanderson

The bones were in use, and were in Hero of Ages. The bones had made an appearance. They were still around, but whether that’s what he’s using, I’ll leave.

Questioner

I didn’t think putting a spike into his skull [...]

Brandon Sanderson

You’ll find that out eventually.

Boskone 54 (Feb. 18, 2017)

• Chaos locked this topic