Do we know anything about why Vivenna went to Roshar?

Vivenna says the is looking for Nightblood and mentions that a criminal brought him to Roshar.  I doubt we will know anything else for sure for a while but speculation is fine.  It is noteworthy that she refers to Vasher as a friend.

Edited by Karger

15 hours ago, Karger said:

Vivenna says the is looking for Nightblood and mentions that a criminal brought him to Roshar.  I doubt we will know anything else for sure for a while but speculation is fine.  It is noteworthy that she refers to Vasher as a friend.

Perhaps she's trying to return Nightblood then?

On 3/2/2019 at 8:22 PM, Invocation said:

I doubt it. Vivienna's sword is significantly newer than Nightblood, and Nightblood has been steadily gaining strength and Investiture and is powered by a very destructive Command, coupled with a chunk of Ruin's Investiture.

When did we learn nightblood had ruin's ivestiture.

Just now, twenty second of the sun said:

When did we learn nightblood had ruin's ivestiture.

Well, it was a question floating around for a while on here and eventually one of the Sharders got to asking Brandon about it and he gave us an answer!

Walin [PENDING REVIEW]

Does Nightblood contain any of Ruin's Investiture? Like, not atium, but...

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes, technically; and I'm not wiggling around that, because technically, location in the Cosmere and who belongs to what gets really weird, right? Because Ruin's Investiture is everywhere--but I'm not talking that way. I'm talking the way you actually mean it. 

Legion Release Party (Sept. 19, 2018)

21 hours ago, 8giraffe8 said:

We have wob to the contrary.

Of course, someone else could've "brought" both Vasher and Nightblood to Roshar at the same time, and that wouldn't necessarily contradict anything. But that seems wrong to me. Vasher has lived for hundreds of years. He knows how to worldhop and wouldn't really need help. He probably wouldn't let Nightblood tag along if he weren't actually bringing him himself.

Fair enough! Some of V's words still seem fishily worded to me though!

5 hours ago, Karger said:

Return to whom?

To Vasher I believe is the implication there. Its just so hard to tell with the little information we have. I hope that V & V meet up again in Book 4! It'll be an interesting showdown if she tries to claim Nightblood from Szeth too and then Vasher shows up to stop her or help her. I also can't wait for Vasher/Nightblood reunion that we have to get in Book 4 now that Szeth and Nightblood are in Dalinar's camp along with Vasher... man. I guess I just can't wait for BOOK 4! ;)

On 3/13/2019 at 5:27 PM, The Night Watcher said:

Vasher. 

So she thinks that Vasher, who made Nightblood, who has centuries of experience (maybe more than a millenium at that point) with awakening, who is a Returned, failed to retrieve Nightblood, but she has a chance? That sounds slightly implausible.

• Chaos locked this topic