Question on Oathgate Spren

Philomath

So admittedly we don’t know much about the oathgate spren. Just some descriptions and speculations. But one theory I see a lot is that they are the spren associated with the surge of transportation. An ink spren (elsecallers) and a light spren (willshapers). The ink spren makes sense with the given description but a light spren doesn’t. Captain Ico and his crew are lightspren and they are described as looking like bronze sculptures. Which does not line up with the mother of pearl description of the second oathgate spren. So what are some other options for what the second oathgate spren could be? 

We also know there are some (I can’t remember the term) more intelligent spren that are not nahel spren. Maybe it is one of those. Maybe this oathgate spren and the unknown spren in soulcasters chose to help humanity through fabrials bonds instead of nahel bonds. 

20 minutes ago, Bigmikey357 said:

Calls into question what does Urithiru look like in Shadesmar. Does it have a Spren?

That is a good question. Especially given that it seems to use a giant ancient fabrial just like the oathgates and soulcasters. 

I wonder if they can "fixed" after their interaction with Sja-anat? 

14 hours ago, CrazyRioter said:

The Sibling seems to be the spren powering the fabrial functions of the city. Whether they are the 'spren of the city' or not is an open question.

I think the Sibling is bigger than just the city, my guess is of the Stone or something like that based on all the strata references (even in Kholinar). 

• Chaos locked this topic