What KR Order Would Kelsier Be?

What Knight Radiant Order do you think Kelsier would be?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What Knight Radiant Order do you think Kelsier would be?

• Windrunner
    • Skybreaker
    • Dustbringer
    • Edgedancer
    • Truthwatcher
    • Lightweaver
    • Elsecaller
    • Willshaper
    • Stoneward
    • Bondsmith

4 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Explain thyself.

Kelsier is... Destructive. A force that can be used for good ends but could very easily be observed to be (or actually veer into) bad places. 

He's exceptionally skilled at dismantling things, be they people or societies. 

4 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Kelsier is... Destructive. A force that can be used for good ends but could very easily be observed to be (or actually veer into) bad places. 

He's exceptionally skilled at dismantling things, be they people or societies. 

You know, you're totally right. The problem is, we really don't know enough about Dustbringers to confidently place Kelsier into that Order yet. I'm not saying I'm totally right about him being a Lightweaver and there's no other Order he can be placed in. Kelsier is very layered. One of Brandon's best characters, I think. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

You know, you're totally right. The problem is, we really don't know enough about Dustbringers to confidently place Kelsier into that Order yet. I'm not saying I'm totally right about him being a Lightweaver and there's no other Order he can be placed in. Kelsier is very layered. One of Brandon's best characters, I think. 

Agreed. Just look at how he's described in MTG terms. 

aldeayeah

In my mind [Kelsier] was Blue-Black before the Pits and picked up Red after that.

You could make the case for White I guess but IMO even though he has this small group/community around him, he's too much "This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules the law" to be white.

Brandon Sanderson

I wouldn't generally make Kelsier white. I tend to make him blue black in my head, though there are good red arguments. (He lets his love of Mare override his logical conclusions that she probably betrayed him, his last encounter with Vin is him arguing about the importance of being a good friend, etc.) In fact, the red portion of him is probably the best in him--though it is also part of what drives him to kill ruthlessly.

General Reddit 2019 (Jan. 21, 2019)

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

Oh yeah. I think Kell would have little self-confidence faced with Odium. 

Just reading about some of his perspective when he was still alive (like not cognitive shadow alive but alive alive).

He is soooo consumned with rage and blame. He is extremely competent too. He is perfect as Odium's tool 

Edited by goody153

39 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Yes. I definitely think, however, that he's grown. Preservation shook him and he's getting better. That would be a very interesting scenario. If Odium really wanted Kell, he would get him.

I uh... I'm really not sure Kel has gotten better. The whole Sovereign thing seems like TLR 2.0

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

I uh... I'm really not sure Kel has gotten better. The whole Sovereign thing seems like TLR 2.0

I agree with this. He may have helped the Southerns, but he made himself a god to them, and that's his characteristic arrogance. If anything, what Preservation did to him was lock him in as what he was to a degree.

50 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

I meant he's not a murderer anymore. At least, I hope he's not.

Pretty sure Kell still kills people. It's 90% of what he does.

12 hours ago, RShara said:

He doesn't really lie to himself, though. I'd call him an Edgedancer for remembering the forgotten, or a Dustbringer, for liking to break things.

He does remember the forgotten and does help the oppressed, but his typical way to do so, would be to kill the oppressors. He is Che Guevara rather than Angelina Jolie.

Were he to show more respect for rules, the Skybreakers would actually fit. Nor does he show extreme curiosity or likes to break things. He kills people, destruction as such is not his thing. Hence the Dustbringers don't fit that much either. He is into deception, but not to learn things, but to get close enough to put in his dagger or steal something. Lightweavers does not fit that well, either.
Truthwatchers or Willshapers. Capricous describes him well, so Willshapers.

Of the orders we know reasonably well I can't see him in any of them.

If forced to choose I'd go Dustbringer, mainly because I feel like Spark being angry enough to work against a Bondsmith is something Kell would understand.

2nd I'd go Willshaper as they seem the Hufflepuff of orders from what we known of them.

I can't see him as a Lightweaver at all.

7 minutes ago, Jace21 said:

Of the orders we know reasonably well I can't see him in any of them.

If forced to choose I'd go Dustbringer, mainly because I feel like Spark being angry enough to work against a Bondsmith is something Kell would understand.

2nd I'd go Willshaper as they seem the Hufflepuff of orders from what we known of them.

I can't see him as a Lightweaver at all.

Hufflepuff? Why on Braze would Kelsier be a Hufflepuff? He's a Slytherin.

And that's the point. The evidence that Kell is a Lightweaver lies in what we can't see and what little hints we have. 

57 minutes ago, Jace21 said:

Willshaper as they seem the Hufflepuff of orders from what we known of them.

This made me laugh, I agree :lol:

On Kelsier, I'd have to agree with RShara, Dustbringer or Edgedancer. I voted Dustbringer, but Edgedancer aren't big softies. Nale said they were elegant, graceful and deadly warriors. And I don't think they were afraid to kill for what they believed was right, especially when fighting for the downtrodden. 

Sure Kelsier has a bit of a god complex, but he does stand for those who have been forgotten. 

3 minutes ago, Ciridae said:

On Kelsier, I'd have to agree with RShara, Dustbringer or Edgedancer. I voted Dustbringer, but Edgedancer aren't big softies. Nale said they were elegant, graceful and deadly warriors. And I don't think they were afraid to kill for what they believed was right, especially when fighting for the downtrodden. 

Sure Kelsier has a bit of a god complex, but he does stand for those who have been forgotten. 

Yes, but Kelsier is very much of the school that in order to make omlettes you got to break some eggs. In some respects he is Jasnah and Dalinar rather than Lift or Kaladin.

58 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Hufflepuff? Why on Braze would Kelsier be a Hufflepuff? He's a Slytherin.

And that's the point. The evidence that Kell is a Lightweaver lies in what we can't see and what little hints we have. 

Because there is no "Slytherin" order I can see but Hufflepuff accept anyone haha.

Thats fine, I read your other posts and understand your point about Kel=Lightweaver. I just disagree.

2 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Yes, but Kelsier is very much of the school that in order to make omlettes you got to break some eggs. In some respects he is Jasnah and Dalinar rather than Lift or Kaladin.

I concur. Kel is willing to spend months or even years planning things and has no problem killing anyone who gets in his way. We know that Ink Spren are drawn to people who plan, not just scholars. Ivory bonded Jasnah, who is a very cunning, backstabby, lets commit genocide type person. If they are willing to bond the Queen of Alethikar, they should be willing to bond the Survivor of Hathsin.

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Can we just talk for a moment about how OP Kelsier would be as a Radiant?

Well, he could in theory hack his Surges with Nicrosil, since we know that can store Surges. If he was an Elsecaller, then he could not only open full perpendicularies, but also transform entire continents given enough time.