Welcome to Shattered Oaths, an RP based on the ending of The Tragedy of Thaylen Field, an alternate ending to Oathbringer, by @Overlord Jebus where Dalinar joins Odium. It is highly recommended you read it before participating in the RP. The link can be found at the bottom of this post.

In this RP, you have two options. You can take the mantle of a character, such as Szeth or Rock. Make sure they are a character that survived Thaylen Field beforehand. Try and keep their basic personality, but the events will still shape them, so after a while, it's fine, even expected, that they have a very different personality then in the books. Your other option is to create a new character, and RP that. They can be from any Rosharan nation, but Worldhoppers will need special permission. There is no OP limits, beyond no shards, but special permission will be needed to get a magic system from another world.

This storyline may be, later, spread to other worlds, in a "Dark Cosmere".

Shards may be used for RP in a storyline, but only by those in charge of the thread, the 'DMs'.

Shards will each be assigned a color, and will be RPed in bold. RP in regular text, OOC either in quotes or in underlined text. You can have up to two characters from the story, and a maximum of four RP characters in all.

Characters:

@Ark1002: Dalinar

@Dr. Dapper: Dwig Jigdens

Spoiler

Race: Scadrian Human

Investiture: Steel Compounder, Shardblade.

Stuff: Duel revolvers, metal vials, extra speed bracers. 

Appearance: Tall, well built man with long, unkempt hair and green eyes. Wears trousers, a crisp shirt and a beat up duster.

Personality: Good natured, witty, doesn't take much seriously.

History: Born in Elendel with his twin sister Ciera, grew up with his parents.

@Gancho Libre: Nightblood/Renarin

@Darth Woodrack: Szeth/Amaram

@JacobClaessen: Lopen

Edited by Arky-boi

On 2/26/2019 at 2:30 PM, Gancho Libre said:

I'd like to be Odium. I haven't finished the story yet, but I intend to.

Did you not read the post? No shards, sorry.

On 2/26/2019 at 3:43 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

*static*

#DwigIsRPHoidGang

Yeah so can I be Dwig from Era 2 Scadrial.

(I'll have to dig around for an old profile and update that...)

I need to see it to approve it, but probably good.

800px-Thrill.png.887f5f1abe7a6d339692a630ae7d5542.png

Dalinar walked forward towards the girl.

Placing one hand on her shoulder and the other atop her head, Dalinar twisted sharply.

A snap broke through the air.

Lift’s body fell to the ground.

“Thank you kindly, Dalinar. You’ve been a huge help,” said Odium, a warm smile on his face.

Dalinar walked back to his position before the activation slot. The large Fused moved back to edge of the room. Odium turned back to the Fused.

“Now, Urithiru lies ahead. The battle will be hard. Reinforcements should come from Kholinar but you will be the first to attack. Most of their troops stand ready so let my champion take the lead and follow behind. Nergaoul will join eventually. No other Unmade are positioned to assist but you shouldn’t need them. Once Urithiru has fallen, we may not even need to free Ba-Ado-Mishram,” Odium said, turning to Szeth. “You will find and kill the rest of the Radiants. I will come find you when you are done.”

“Excuse me, uhm...” Szeth said, rising.

“You may simply call me Odium,” Odium said.

“I am sorry, Odium, but I do not follow you. I am sworn to Dalinar,” he said, gesturing to huge figure next to him.

Odium did not reply. There was a pause before Dalinar turned to Szeth.

“Kill Radiants. Don’t die,” Dalinar said. He felt the strain of what he had done, and had to force the words

Odium cleared his throat.

“Right, now, Dalinar. If you would be so kind...” He said, gesturing towards his champion.

Dalinar summoned Oathbreaker into his hand, turned, and slammed the Blade into the activation slot.

Name: (You know it!) Dwig Jigdens

Race: Scadrian Human

Investiture: Steel Compounder, Shardblade. (I really wanna get Dwig to bond a spren..)

Stuff: Duel revolvers, metal vials, extra speed bracers. 

Appearance: Tall, well built man with long, unkempt hair and green eyes. Wears trousers, a crisp shirt and a beat up duster.

Personality: Good natured, witty, doesn't take much seriously.

History: Born in Elendel with his twin sister Ciera, grew up with his parents. (pressed for time, I'll add the rest later)

Double post gang.

Dwig looked out over the great plains, contemplative. Roshar was an odd place, so different from his native Scadrial. Everything was adapted to the massive Invested storms that ravaged the continent. Recently, though, bad things had begun to happen. The Ghostbloods were around in force, and things had gotten worse from there. He had been waiting to go to Urithiru for some time now.

A woman ran up to him, scroll in her hand,

“Brightlord, you will want to hear this.” she panted “There was a battle at Thaylen city. Word has just come in via spanreed.”

Dwig raised an eyebrow

“The outcome?” he asked

“We don’t know, although reports are bad.”

He spun, unease bubbling in his stomach.

“Not good.”

Dwig ran back to the warcamps.