223 posts in this topic

I think the ideal lynch is an unoccupied body. If a player is lynched, there's a good chance they'll be able to pass their items to a teammate before their body dies, which is no help to anyone. Killing a random bystander should ensure that somebody gets an item. If we happen to hit an inactive, so much the better. Let's see if (rolls die) Quartz Zebra is active.

Vote for Ruby Bison when you get on, Zebra

Noise. That's the first thing he noticed. So many voices. People talking on phones, to each other, to themselves. A child crying. Then there was the actual subway trains, rushing in and out of the enclosed station.

Smell. It was overwhelmingly bad. Pungent and rotting food in trash bins. The stench of unwashed bodies mixing with too much cologne and perfume. Human excrement.

No one seemed to notice the slight changes of awareness in the body as he took control and took stock of everything around him. That was the nice thing about the world. People didn't notice. People didn't pay attention to anything beyond their tiny little worlds, usually consisting of their phones. It was very useful. 

He smiled as he started to stand, then realized there was something heavy on his lap. Something he probably shouldn't just let roll to the ground.

He sighed. It turned out this body was not as ideal as he'd thought.

~~~~~~

It might be most useful if we actually tag people we're poke-voting.

@Quartz Zebra, @Amethyst Scorpion, @Taupe Gecko

4 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Why's that, Melon?

Well, it gives them a notification, though right now the thread is short enough that they'd likely notice the poking happening even without the notification.

48 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Well, it gives them a notification, though right now the thread is short enough that they'd likely notice the poking happening even without the notification.

And why is notifying them a good thing?

If I am not mistaken, this is somewhat of a faction-wars type game, which leaves us to the conclusion that Melon Dingo is allied with one of the three who were voted on before his post.

Quintus lifted his face out of the book, interrupted by some sounds of fighting. "Whoa there! Stop eating each other! I swear, this is going nuts!"

Spirits these days were going crazy. Quintus's husk sighed. Why did he have to pick someone this physically weak, so that he couldn't even break up a fight?

There were good things that came out of it though. With a perfectly timed flick of the arm, Quintus snatched a thrown book out of the air. No such thing as too many books.

Posted (edited)

Thank you, Violet, Coral. It's nice to (Keep reading)
So it seems a mod came through and cleaned up my double post from a little bit ago, making it one post. Anyway, I've given it more thought, and though I'd still like to get an answer before proceeding too much. I am currently still hesitant to share my phone number with the thread, for personal reasons, but I do plan on reaching out to anyone who is willing to share their phone number, after I hear from @Steeldancer about whether I can just start the PM once I have a number I believe to be accurate, or if I have to get a go ahead first?
Know how many people see these messages. I'd def....
In other news, regarding tagging the different players, I personally don't see a problem either way. On the one hand, it is a common courtesy to tag people, but on the other hand, we are more likely to catch the lynchee off guard if we don't tag them.

definitely be willing to work with you both to get
Additionally, I suspect that we will see a large sway in the lynch target near the end of the days, as everyone tries to move their vote to someone with more votes, to try to get a chance at any objects that they may have had.
things taken care of for both my faction as well as yours

Edited by Sage Kangaroo

56 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

And why is notifying them a good thing?

If I am not mistaken, this is somewhat of a faction-wars type game, which leaves us to the conclusion that Melon Dingo is allied with one of the three who were voted on before his post.

If our purpose is to find out which bodies are occupied, getting their attention is beneficial.

So here's how I'm going to do PMs- once you submit the action to create a PM, I'll confirm that everything is all right, and then I will make the PM. Just understand that once I make the PM, the action cannot be retracted. This will be PM convenience at the cost of your ability to change your mind. 

The body walked through the streets, squinting at people.

Do you have any items? Do you? I need someone who's useful if I'm going to win this thing.

Ahead of him, a pizza deliveryman pulled up on a bike, and didn't bother to chain the bike before rushing with a delivery into a nearby building.

Perfect. I'll cover more ground this way.

The body hopped on the bike and began pedalling.

This was a mistake.

It had only been a couple blocks, but the body was already winded, and he'd fallen over and scraped himself twice. This body was not used to biking at all.

Sighing, they hopped off the bike.

Well, worth a try, at least.

He took off, and continued to search for any sign of someone with items.

Well, by my count, nine of the sixteen active accounts have posted, which is worrying. For a couple people, that could be a strategic move (making it harder for people to assemble the line of where everyone's been), but I find it difficult to believe that it is for all seven of those players.

For now, I'll vote Cream Tuatara, for much the same reasons as everyone else in the thread. Part poke-vote ( @Cream Tuatara ), and partly for the chance of getting a free item.

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

So here's how I'm going to do PMs- once you submit the action to create a PM, I'll confirm that everything is all right, and then I will make the PM. Just understand that once I make the PM, the action cannot be retracted. This will be PM convenience at the cost of your ability to change your mind. 

So is making a pm an action?

Just now, Mauve Crocodile said:

So is making a pm an action?

yes, it should say so in your Account GM PM. 

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

yes, it should say so in your Account GM PM. 

*facepalms*

Vote Count:
Taupe Gecko (1): Coral Swan
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Violet Axolotl
Quartz Zebra (1): Saffron Iguana
Azure Mouse (2): Oxblood Beagle, Turquoise Gorilla
Cream Tuatara (1): Charcoal Hyena

"innie minnie mini moe. Catch a tiger, by the toe. If he hollers let him go. My mother told me to pick the very best one and you are not it! Okay, Azure Mouse. That means you get to go first! Show me what color your insides look like. Pretty please? I bet their squishy. C'mon, I wanna see 'em. Open sesame!"

Posted: Ostrich, Hyena, Swan, Kangaroo, Axolotl, Iguana, Dingo, Beagle, Vulture, Crocodile, Gorilla

Around, but not yet posted: Weasel, Dragonfly, Albatross, Heron, Lion, Chameleon, Rhinoceros, Mouse, Gecko*

Haven't been used since the last AN: Penguin, Zebra, Flamingo, Tuatara, Elephant, Meerkat, Toucan, Octopus, Scorpion, Falcon 

*Gecko, was signed into well after the AN, but before signups for this game ended. I'm not sure why that is.

I plan to make my final vote for someone in the latter two categories, probably the last one. Since Zebra hasn't logged into their account yet, I'm keeping my vote where it is. The interesting thing is that there should be fourteen unoccupied accounts, but this list shows only ten, or eleven with Gecko. Have Steel and Drought been signing in to anonymous accounts? Nobody wiped Iguana's PMs from the last AN, so I don't think they signed into the Iguana account.

1 minute ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Nobody wiped Iguana's PMs from the last AN, so I don't think they signed into the Iguana account.

Joe never cleared the PMs from the account from the last game, and I'm too lazy/busy to do that. So direct all blame at Joe. 

Amythest Scorpion, YOU are tonight's winner on "Who does RNGeebus want to kill"

And now it's time for some exciting vote manipulation! Which team is prepared to hammer someone randomly? Here are the reports from our local diviner: 4, 2, 1, 5, 4. Hmm, we may need to find a new diviner.

Posted (edited)

There are about 20 minutes left in the turn.
Please remember to get off of your anonymous accounts during rollover to make things simpler for me. 
Oh, and remember, not submitting actions/not voting does count against you in the activity filter. 

Edited by Steeldancer

Posted (edited)

I haven't had a ton of time today, so I'm picking a name at random from the list of people voted on to avoid activity filter issues. Cream Tuatara

Edited by Melon Dingo
finished sentence

Posted (edited)

Amethyst Scorpion (3): Violet Axolotl, Magenta Albatross, Saffron Iguana
Cream Tuatara (2): Charcoal Hyena, Melon Dingo

Quartz Zebra

Amethyst Scorpion

Edited by Saffron Iguana
Added vote to tally

Hmm,humm. Let's go withazure mouse as one of the three people tied for 2 votes.

Amethyst Scorpion (2): Violet Axolotl, Magenta Albatross
Cream Tuatara (2): Charcoal Hyena, Melon Dingo

Amethyst Scorpion

Azure Mouse

And the turn is OVER. Gimme a bit to get the next day up, things are complicated-er now.