Quick Fix 36/ Anonymous Game 5: Dream Thieves
"This is ABC News, bringing you the important stories of New York City. We're looking at some warming weather over the next week, perhaps indicating the full return of spring. On Friday it'll even reach a temperature of 49 degrees Fahrenheit, with no storms in sight, although the nights will still stay chilly with lows of 12 degrees in the beginning of the week, getting up to 34 by Friday."
"In other updated news, it has been several months since the so called 'Amnesia wave,' in which a group of random people seemed to be affected to fight one another, leaving several dead, and yet every single participant does not remember a thing. Scientists have, as of yet, been unable to determine the cause for this unusual behavior, although they have linked the event to several others that have occurred all across the United States. The public is advised to report any odd activity matching previous descriptions of this 'amnesia wave.' Now, back to our story about yet another political scandal..." 
Welcome to QF36: Dream Thieves. This is based on the Sanderson short story "Dreamer," which admittedly is kind of hard to find. If you can find it, I would recommend you read it in advance, but it shouldn't hinder understanding the game if you don't read it. The only thing you need to really know is that it involves body hopping. This game will utilize the Anonymous Accounts, but in a bit of an unusual way, necessitating a couple things that need to be made clear. 
1. You will be using multiple anonymous accounts over the course of this game. You cannot, under any circumstances, use any anonymous account that you are not supposed to be in. I will do my best to help with preventing any accidents, but playing this game will require you to be careful about what account you are signing into.
2. Speaking of that, the fact that you will be using multiple accounts in this game will make actions and players extremely difficult to keep track of, even with Droughtbringer helping me out as co-GM. As such, all actions will need to be submitted on your real account, not on the anonymous account you are using at the time. 
3. Because of the aforementioned difficulty in keeping track of players, I will be using specific terminology in regards to what regards to what. I will also be keeping track of all players by their actual usernames, and players not wishing to lose their minds are encouraged to use actual usernames with team mates. However, due to the body hopping mechanic, I also will not be confirming the true username of any player unless that player truly dies. 
4. Please also abide by all other anonymous account rules, no PMing an out of game player, no changing passwords or anything aesthetic, etc. Rule breakers will be punished severely. I assume. 
Terminology: 
Player: the actual person using the account, aka the spirit possessing the body.
Body: an anonymous account. Can be possessed by a player. 
Role: the role that a player will receive in their actual account. 
Identity: the role that a body will have. 
Finally, this game will have a hard limit of 16 players. In order for this game to work, I will need activity, and will only allow 2 consecutive turns in a row of inactivity before you will be replaced by a pinch hitter. If you don't think you can be as active as this QF will require, sign up as a pinch hitter. 
This game will start on 3/3/19, at 10 PM MST. 
Sign-Up Rules: 

Spoiler

Turns will be 23 hours long, accounting for time to get the next turn up.
      Each player will have 2 actions available to them each turn.
      There will be a Turn 0, in which some more rules will be revealed, clarifications will be made, and players will have a chance to plan with their teams in a google doc. After Turn 0, docs will close, and all actions and the lynch will be able to occur each turn. 
       Lynch rules are standard, vote in red, retract in green. You will be voting for other bodies, using the body you have. Tie votes will result in all victims being lynched. One random body will be lynched if there are no votes. The lynch only kills the body, not the player; rather it forces the Player to hop. If a player does not take an action to hop into another body, they will become stranded, and consume one of their hops. 
      Bodyhopping: As an action any cycle, a player may choose to body-hop. This action may be performed three times per game, and becoming stranded outside of a body for any reason counts as one of those actions. If a player is stranded without any hops left, they are eliminated. Players may select any body to attempt to inhabit. If they choose an inhabited body, they are rebuffed unless they are a strong spirit, but they will take over any uninhabited body unless it is contested. In the case of a body being contested, and when no Strong Spirits are involved, a random player will get the body and the others are rebuffed. Being rebuffed does not take up a body-hop slot unless another player moved into the rebuffed player’s previous body, in which case the player becomes stranded and loses a hop. 
Revealed Roles:
Strong Spirit: Strong Spirits have the capability to win any contest of body hopping with a normal spirit. In competition with other strong spirits, a random strong spirit will get the body while the others will be rebuffed. 
Revealed Identities: 
None yet

Player List:
1. Lumgol
2. Coop772
3. Elandera
4. Devotary of Spontaneity/ Somne
5. Itiah
6. Xinoehp512
7. Young Bard
8. Snipexe
9. Randuir
10. Cadmium Compounder
11. Shqueeves
12. Roadwalker
13. Sart
14. Alvron
15. GreenRover
Pinch Hitters:
1. Mailliw
2. Walin
Spectators:
Fura,

Shortcuts:

Countdown: https://countingdownto.com/?c=2393865

This sounds insane. In a good way. I’m debating if I’d be active enough every single day to merit signing up. Put me as a pinch hitter for now and I’ll keep you updated. 

Also, I’m excited to see a game start on the 31st of February. That’s never been done before. 

1 minute ago, Mailliw73 said:

This sounds insane. In a good way. I’m debating if I’d be active enough every single day to merit signing up. Put me as a pinch hitter for now and I’ll keep you updated. 

Also, I’m excited to see a game start on the 31st of February. That’s never been done before. 

I tried that with the countdown, and had to fix the countdown. Apparently I didn't actually change the initial post. 
The game will be starting on March 3rd, not on the mysterious date of February 31st. 

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

I tried that with the countdown, and had to fix the countdown. Apparently I didn't actually change the initial post. 
The game will be starting on March 3rd, not on the mysterious date of February 31st. 

Darn, I was excited to see what time manipulation powers you had to make that work. :P 

• Alvron pinned this topic

I'll sign up as Somne, a poltergeist with absolutely no regard for human life.

Not being able to communicate with your teammates except in coded messages will make this game extremely difficult for pinch hitters unless they can view their team's D0 doc. Will we have access to all 30 anonymous accounts? Will stranded players be allowed to vote/talk in thread? Presumably, there's some reason a player can't stay permanently stranded so as to avoid dying.

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Not being able to communicate with your teammates except in coded messages will make this game extremely difficult for pinch hitters unless they can view their team's D0 doc. Will we have access to all 30 anonymous accounts? Will stranded players be allowed to vote/talk in thread? Presumably, there's some reason a player can't stay permanently stranded so as to avoid dying.

Pinch Hitters will be difficult, yes, which is why I'm hoping everyone will stay active as not to necessitate them. I will make sure any pinch hitters will have everything they need, although I'm expecting this game to be somewhat fast paced. 
All 30 accounts will be utilized for this game.
Stranded players are unable to vote or talk in thread. You must have a body in order to interact with others, or take any actions other than hopping. 
Perma-death is unlikely in this game, if a player is wise with their hops and who they hop into. 

How long do you expect this game to run?

I'll have a couple days in early to mid march(not sure which yet) where I will probably not be able to get on at all, and I don't want to go inactive. For now ask for a link to the Spec doc, but that may change.

12 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

How long do you expect this game to run?

I'll have a couple days in early to mid march(not sure which yet) where I will probably not be able to get on at all, and I don't want to go inactive. For now ask for a link to the Spec doc, but that may change.

Depending on what conclusion Drought and I come to regarding the exact win condition (you'll understand on day 0), and exactly how the RNG works out, I'd imagine it will take no more than a week. As I said, it should be fairly fast paced.