Can't upload art

Arcoss

That's ... I do not know why this would be. I'm familiar with that error and thought for sure it is a size issue which I resolved. The three images is likely because you tried multiple attempts.

I really don't know why this would be the case... Can you PM me the file or email it to me at [email protected]?

Not sure when I'll have a chance to try and fix a thing with this, but hopefully this week... I am extremely frustrated this error still occurs. It is driving me insane and I don't know what the hell is the problem. Especially because sometimes it will just work again on the exact same images, because who needs things to make sense.

Sincerest apologies.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Which specific sizes? There's clearly still a size issue but I would like the exact filesize. Even though I set PHP to allow 10, maybe I need to just overshoot it to like 8 or something...

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Which specific sizes? There's clearly still a size issue but I would like the exact filesize. Even though I set PHP to allow 10, maybe I need to just overshoot it to like 8 or something...

One was a little over 9, the other like 1.5 (I don't know why there was so much difference between the file types).

So, thanks to @Personification the issue has been discovered. Not only is there a size restriction, there is actually a dimension restriction. The file they were trying to upload was at 5000x7000, which is enormously large. Due to the compression, the file was below the limits, but the error was still thrown.

Much to my dismay, however, I can't actually manually input an image dimension restriction on Gallery! Gah! Why, IPS. 

I'll try to put a disclaimer on the upload screen, but I am hoping this summer when I do site updates, all this Gallery terribleness will go away...