Speculation in Wiki articles

First of all, I think the Coppermind is a phenomenal resource and I often enough used it myself. The citations normally are well maintained.

But who had the idea to put speculation into a wiki articles? Namely, the Edgedancer article. I don't think, wiki articles should have speculation in them.

Speculation is only allowed in the case where the article would be incomplete without it.  (See the style guide)

The addition of Adolin is fairly recent (last September).  It's a judgement call as to whether or not Adolin as a potential Edgedancer is allowable.  On the one hand, the article does feel incomplete without addressing it; on the other hand, it's fairly controversial, so it's not a "generally well accepted theory in the community."  More experience editors can weigh in, although the wording can probably be fixed a bit.  

It's definitely not cited, as is required, so thanks for pointing it out.  I'll add a citation for Maya as an Edgedancer blade.  

Well, I'm no "experienced editor", so I suppose my opinion is ineffectual, but how does an article about the Order of Edgedancers, of which Adolin is no member, seem incomplete without mentioning him possibly becoming one? Something which it doesn't even say, but rather, that he is in the process of reviving Maya, something, that is, like you said, already controversial.

So speculation should indeed be used sparingly; I don't think no speculation ever is the best policy, as there are certainly some articles that some light speculation could be relevant and add to the page.

I've brought this up to Keepers and preliminary consensus was to remove it, and I agree. Speculation should have a pretty high bar. So I've removed it. I'd generally not like speculation on Radiants as there are lots of possibilities. No real point in adding a speculation line to each Windrunner squire that they could become Windrunners, for example.

Speculation is much more useful in core cosmere articles where you might need to make some slight jumps in logic that aren't cited. Sometimes you just need to add 1+1 in those situations.