Possible Knights Radiant

Mailnaise

1 hour ago, CrazyRioter said:

The Dawnshards or at least a Dawnshard was described in an epigraph as being able to 'bind creatures, both voidish and mortal' which doesn't sound like a Lanceryn to me.

Larkins are the only non-Team Odium creature - barring Nightblood - to be able to ingest/absorb/take in Voidlight. Their rarity is noted and is linked to an incredibly mysterious and notable event. I don't think these are coincidences. This is the abridged version of the theory I have, but again, it's all tinfoil. 

5 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I mean, so did Shardblade until we learned where they came from. Anyways it's a tinfoil theory so I wouldn't put the chances of it being true very high ;)

Arguably, they are inanimate objects within Blade form. Yes, the spren is alive, but the Blade itself is still just a hunk of metal.

I believe we have a WOB that spren are attracted to people who are near those who are already bonded to other spren (or maybe that was a Shardcast epi??), Iowa: KR beget KR. This would mean that with people coming together at Urithiru and the Kholin-adjacent KR expanding their reach, we will probably see a diversified coalition of KR beyond the Alethi that we are mostly seeing now. I think it would make sense in Dalinar’s quest for Unity, to see a burgeoning drive toward bonding spren emerge among different groups. But I also think that the sort of introspection needed to create these bonds is the sticking point and will cause more drama before it is resolved. Brandon does like the sprinkle the political problems and solutions in with the magical.

All this is to say that I agree with the “Lift’s squire” type of hypothesis. And with the idea of a Rlain storyline in this regard. I wouldn’t mind him as bondsmith, but I don’t know if that’s his path. 

@Kelsier'sGodComplex I mean, this is an interesting theory, that Yanagawn or Navani might end up becoming Radaints, but they were not included under the blanket name of Knights Radiant on the Part Five page. The list says The Knights Radiant, Ash, Navani, Adolin, Taravangian, Yanagawn, and some others. So, that doesn't mean they can't become Radiants later, but they were not Radiants at the time of Part Five.

(I originally posted this in the wrong thread)

2 hours ago, Nymeros said:

I'm all for Gawx bonding the Nightwatcher. I've believed this would happen for quite some time and I cannot think of a better/more interesting choice from who we know.

You know, I kind of dig that. If that happens this scene would be great foreshadowing:

Yanagawn settled down on his boulder. "So why show me this? You don't even know what it means." 

"If you're going to join my coalition I figure I should give you as much knowledge as I can. Perhaps we will fall, and you will survive. Maybe your scholars can solve these puzzles when we cannot. And maybe you are the leader Roshar needs, while I am just an emissary."

"You don't believe that." 

"I don't. I still want you to have these visions just in case." 

I'm on board. 

• Chaos locked this topic