Dalinar's first/last vision WoK

Brightness Jencee

I just finished my current WoK reread, and this part of Dalinar's last vision in the book jumped out at me...

"The sky was dark and he stood on a field of dull, bone-white rock, jagged and rough, extending in all directions. Off into eternity. Amorphous shapes made of curling grey smoke rose from the ground. Like smoke rings, only in other shapes. Here a chair. There a rockbud, with vines extended, curling to the sides and vanishing. Beside him appeared the figure of a man in uniform, silent and vaporous, rising lethargically toward the sky, mouth open. The shapes melted and distorted as they climbed higher, though they seemed to hold their forms longer than they should. It was unnerving, standing on the boundless plain, pure darkness above, smoke figures rising all around."

I feel like I've seen this place somewhere else in the books, but can't think where. Do any of you experts out there know where this is?

I'm not an expert but that's an interesting paragraph and maybe if I say what I'm reminded of it might jumpstart anyone else's memory.

So it reminds me:

1. the WoK Prologue where Kalak assesses the aftermath of a battlefield

2. Smokes taking shapes of faces remind me of Midnight Essense

3. Maybe Salash's picture? :

Spoiler

latest?cb=20171116192135

• Chaos locked this topic