The Remaining(6 Shards)

Karger

Any up to date cosmere fan knows that there are 16 shards of Adonalsium we have only met the 10 below.  What are your theories about the identity of the remaining 6 shards?

Devotion (Shattered ) Aona Sel  
Dominion      (Shattered) Skai Sel    
Preservation (fused into Harmony ) Leras (later Sazed) Scadrial    
Ruin   (fused into Harmony ) Ati (later Sazed) Scadrial    
Odium Rayse Braize    
Cultivation Unknown Roshar    
Honor (Shattered) Tanavast Roshar    
Endowment Edgli Nalthis    
Autonomy Bavadin Taldain    
Ambition (Shattered) Uli Da Threnody

Somehow I don't believe we're going to get a narrative involving any of the remaining Shards. Brandon will have to release them via WOB or in novella form. As for the names of the remaining 6 or what they're likely to do, there have been hints but Brandon has been quite shy about significant details.

34 minutes ago, Bigmikey357 said:

Somehow I don't believe we're going to get a narrative involving any of the remaining Shards.

Brandon plans to rewrite Aether of Night, which would almost have to involve a Shard. We likewise get mentions of Vax which we know has some magic system thanks to Khriss and it's possible (but by no means certain) that a Shard is involved with Silverlight in some way. Aethet at least would be a full-blown novel.

Also, anything we don't see before will necessarily be revealed in Dragonsteel where we'll see all sixteen Vessels and presumably what Shards the any unknown ones ended up with will be told to us there or at least heavily implied. In any event, we're gonna find all this out in the narrative at some point even if all sixteen don't get post-Shattering novels dedicated to them.

Cultivation seems to correspond to Adaptation for me, as if a different Vessel may interpret the intent as such. Vice looks like Odium. Artifice or Ingenuity is something I could get behind as one of the missing 6. Conviction sounds like a dual-Shard combo between Dominion and Devotion. That's my take at least. Keep em coming!

4 hours ago, Bigmikey357 said:

Somehow I don't believe we're going to get a narrative involving any of the remaining Shards. Brandon will have to release them via WOB or in novella form. As for the names of the remaining 6 or what they're likely to do, there have been hints but Brandon has been quite shy about significant details.

We know that Odium has splintered one other shard and that there is another who "just wants to survive."

I get the feeling that in between now and Mistborn Era 4, we will see at least one more duology or trilogy that focuses on one or more shards. My logic behind this is that there are 6, yes 6, shards we know nothing about. I think we will get a novella about the survival shard, a duology or tow about two to three other shards, and then the big bads for Mistborn Era 4 will be the remaining shards, especially because Hoid will be a protagonist of the final Era.

I am working on a Cosmere RPG based on Pathfinder d20 with a friend and the six we have added to the list are...

Justice
Community
Enlightenment
Ingenuity
Wonder
Paradox

The magic systems for each are still in the works but we got some good frameworks going

For Community we have people who are born with the ability to sing magical effects into the world, the specific vibration of each note causes different effects.  The more people singing in unison and within key of each other cause greater effects.  Hence the more people working together as a community can create awesome wide spread effects.

For Ingenuity we have some pretty simple artifice type stuff, the more inventive and complex the creation is the more powerful it is, hence the more powerful inventions take large amounts of time to create.

For Wonder we have trees that absorb ambient investiture from the atmosphere and eventually become 'soaked' with it and reach a breaking point where they become glowing trees that can produce magical fruits that give temporary abilities or can be cut down to create wooden carved items that produce specific effects based on how they are carved and treated.

With Enlightenment we chose that people can build up pools of investiture by meditating, this one is so similar to Feruchemistry though we are probably going to tweak it somehow. (This was also chose for us as the 'Shard that wants to survive')

Justice and Paradox are the two still floating around with multiple ideas though and he least thought out.

2 hours ago, Weltall said:

Brandon has said that the intent of the shard is only tangentially related to it's wanting to hide and survive. So something like Wisdom would be more likely.

So maybe the Shard could really be something along the lines of Serenity or Isolation being that after time the Shards Intent will eventually being almost in control as in Ruin being a nice person and then being totally evil.

17 hours ago, Bigmikey357 said:

Cultivation seems to correspond to Adaptation for me, as if a different Vessel may interpret the intent as such. Vice looks like Odium. Artifice or Ingenuity is something I could get behind as one of the missing 6. Conviction sounds like a dual-Shard combo between Dominion and Devotion. That's my take at least. Keep em coming!

Odium has a little Vice going on with Heart of the Revel the party Unmade.

Vice doesn’t seem like a major personality trait of a creator god. Or a Brandon creator god at least. Unless Adonalsium was like Zeus, womanizing and such.

Guys, I think it's pretty obvious that the greatest Shard is Serenity (Battle of Serenity Falls, anyone?). That is, actually, my headcanon of how Odium is going to be defeated. 

"So how're we going to take down Odium?" 

"I dunno. What's the opposite of Odium?" 

"Serenity." 

"Oh my grizzlies, have you seen the mov--" 

"That's beside the point, Adolin."

• 1 month later...