Kelsier'sGodComplex

Dilaf Rant

18 posts in this topic

@Mailnaise made something like this, but with Moash. I thought, What is another character that we hate slightly less than Moash? Because there is no one who we hate more than Moash, and if we do, we are wrong? DILAF! So, go ahead my friends, RANT. (Dilaf version)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dilaf scared me. Seriously. Even more than Odium or Ruin. He's just... uncontrolled. I think that's all I need to say for now. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Little known behind-the-scenes fact: Dilaf is actually an acronym for:

  • Don't
  • I
  • Love
  • Attacking
  • Fjordell's enemies, the heretics have been allowed to blight the presence of our fair Sel for too long; for no longer shall we tolerate it! Their nation and wretched blasphemous city must burn, the charred remnants washed away in a river of blood! Devoted to my cause am I--devoted to Fjordell's dominion! With that knowledge, Elantrians, despair and die!

That...Is...AMAZING!!! I love it! It's sooo true, though! ^_^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of wanted Dilaf to be a worldhopper to see him meet Kell. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Invocation said:

I kind of wanted Dilaf to be a worldhopper to see him meet Kell. 

I bet kel will make him a follower of Survivorism or something, and I desperately hope we don't see that happen...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Dilaf is loooooong dead now. Elantris happens a significant amount of time before Mistborn. However, it would be hilarious if Kell and Dilaf met. Kelsier would either deck him or take him on as a student. On a sort of similar note, I bet Odium would be able to get Dilaf on his side pretty quick. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, DILAF is an anagram for FAIL'D. Sorry bro

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mailnaise said:

I bet kel will make him a follower of Survivorism or something, and I desperately hope we don't see that happen...

As Shard of Thought notes, Dilaf is mega-dead, unless the Dakhor have an absolutely absurd amount of lifespan increasing. I agree with Thought also on the fact that Kell would probably end up just decking him.

5 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Well, Dilaf is loooooong dead now. Elantris happens a significant amount of time before Mistborn. However, it would be hilarious if Kell and Dilaf met. Kelsier would either deck him or take him on as a student. On a sort of similar note, I bet Odium would be able to get Dilaf on his side pretty quick. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first, I could not STAND Hrathen, and didn't really care about Dilaf. But as the book went on, I started to HATE Dilaf, and LOVE Hrathen. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, uh... a friend of mine and I have a running joke that I'm Dilaf. Yeah.

Probably because I've thought of cosplaying as him, since no one has before (as far as I know), and because I could reasonably play the part. (I'm a theatre person, and Dilaf is a very theatrical, passionate character. I love portraying intense characters.)

So, I don't hate Dilaf, not like I hate some characters in other series like

Spoiler

Straff and Zane and Moash

I think he's a cool villain. I like him as a character. He's just the right amount of infuriating and evil that it's satisfying to read him. He's one of my favorite Brandon villains, simply because he doesn't have complex moral values and is just straight up evil. He's threatening and intimidating to read, even if sometime annoying and frustrating. And like I said before, I'd love to play him, either in cosplay or film or roleplay or whatever.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked him as a standard crazy guy until he started reminding me of certain people I know. Now I use similarity to him as a litmus test for the craziness of whoever I meet.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Firerust said:

So, uh... a friend of mine and I have a running joke that I'm Dilaf. Yeah.

Probably because I've thought of cosplaying as him, since no one has before (as far as I know), and because I could reasonably play the part. (I'm a theatre person, and Dilaf is a very theatrical, passionate character. I love portraying intense characters.)

So, I don't hate Dilaf, not like I hate some characters in other series like

  Reveal hidden contents

Straff and Zane and Moash

I think he's a cool villain. I like him as a character. He's just the right amount of infuriating and evil that it's satisfying to read him. He's one of my favorite Brandon villains, simply because he doesn't have complex moral values and is just straight up evil. He's threatening and intimidating to read, even if sometime annoying and frustrating. And like I said before, I'd love to play him, either in cosplay or film or roleplay or whatever.

I agree with you. He's a fun opposite to Hrathen's passionless ideas. I liked him, especially once his Dakhor thing came into play. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Firerust said:

just straight up evil.

Couldn't have said it better myself. B)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, Firerust said:

So, uh... a friend of mine and I have a running joke that I'm Dilaf. Yeah.

Probably because I've thought of cosplaying as him, since no one has before (as far as I know), and because I could reasonably play the part. (I'm a theatre person, and Dilaf is a very theatrical, passionate character. I love portraying intense characters.)

So, I don't hate Dilaf, not like I hate some characters in other series like

  Reveal hidden contents

Straff and Zane and Moash

I think he's a cool villain. I like him as a character. He's just the right amount of infuriating and evil that it's satisfying to read him. He's one of my favorite Brandon villains, simply because he doesn't have complex moral values and is just straight up evil. He's threatening and intimidating to read, even if sometime annoying and frustrating. And like I said before, I'd love to play him, either in cosplay or film or roleplay or whatever.

I guess you're right Fire, For a Brandon Villain, his lack of moral complexity makes him pretty unique. 

Spoiler

I think you're a bit too composed to play Dilaf, Fire. You lack the mental instability^_^

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I think you're a bit too composed to play Dilaf, Fire. You lack the mental instability^_^

Then you don't know me at my full power... ;)

I'm an actor, remember...

Playing Dilaf would be fun. I would gladly rant as him in character.

Edited by Firerust
typo
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Firerust said:

Then you don't know me at my full power... ;)

I'm an actor, remember...

Playing Dilaf would be fun. I would gladly rant as him in character.

Actually, thinking about it, that would be fun to watch...

Who do you think I could play? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.