Church of the Whiterose Complex

Lunar Blessing

Dan nodded. "Of course." He gently ran his hand through Shae's hair. "I love you... I don't know if I'll be able to stop saying that..." He smiled, looking at Shae with concern and something almost sad in his eyes. He loved Shae so much, and he wanted to be Shae's world like Shae was his... but Shae didn't want to talk to him first. He supposed that that was fine, though. Even if it hurt.

@ShadowLord_Lith

"I won't ever leave you," Dan said, hugging Shae back, then trailing his fingers over Shae's scar. "This makes you mine." He moved his hand up to his own mark. "And this makes me yours." He smiled, perking his ears. "We serve each other. It's our duty as family." He licked Shae's forehead, blushing and smiling. He felt better now... He liked reminding himself that Shae was his, and it always made everything better.

Dan nodded, walking to the chapel and holding Shae's hand happily. He loved Shae... a lot. The thought of losing him made Dan want to curl up and fall asleep, and he hated that weakness. He hated being afraid. He pulled Shae a little closer. "I love you so much... I promise I'll keep you safe..."

7 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

The woman looked up at her, sighing. "I would check his office. If he's not there, I'd look at the rose gardens. He's usually there. Otherwise, ask around. I'm certain you can find someone to help you. Now, if you need any help, please don't hesitate to all. And please, come back in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll have this done by then... and, if you bring the right materials, maybe I can start making one for you. I can't provide the gem, but... I hope it'll be some help. I have a better idea on how these work now, so... it won't take me nearly as long."

Lena nodded and then turned around to leave the room. She stopped a pupil walking by outside, asked after the room and listened to the description, hoped that she had understood it correctly. Apparently it wasn't far, just along the hallway and then twice to the right.

She waited for the others to join her, unsure if they should even try talking to this guy at all. What use was there? This guild was nothing but a huge failure. And yet, they were here,and to leave without taking a look at that stamp was nothing but another opportunity lost.

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent @Silva

Zyn followed quietly behind Lena, carefully studying the map she'd provided when possible and idly looking around when there were other from the church close by. It seemed like whatever they had been hoping to find here wasn't on the table, which didn't mean there was nothing of value, but it did make the return significantly less than the risk. Well-funded or not, the church was still a great guild, they had some sway if they cared to. Which meant they could send precursors on the trail of any potential thieves quite easily.

"So what's the plan." He whispered under his breath, matching his pace with the others. "Do you want to keep on scoping it out? Or look for somewhere a little more lucrative?"

"So."

A massive figure loomed over Lena. The space marine wore the bone-white plate of the Deathwing, the elite soldiers of the Dark Angels Chapter. Somehow, he'd managed to sneak up behind her, even with his extraordinary size. And right now, he was staring at her with unmistakable suspicion. 

"You are the medical team?" he said. "The ones from the city, looking for tools and supplies?"

@Sorana

On 13.1.2020 at 7:23 AM, Voidus said:

"So what's the plan." He whispered under his breath, matching his pace with the others. "Do you want to keep on scoping it out? Or look for somewhere a little more lucrative?"

"Look somewhere-" Lena started to whisper back when someone adressed her from behind. She turned around, shot the space marine a bright smile, covering her annoyance that he managed to sneak up on her. That hadn't happened in a while and she had been careful. And such a tall person, even in armor. Sloppy. She was growing sloppy and sloppy people died easily on the streets.

Still he immediatly caught her attention. A space marine. She had heard about their resistance to poisoning, but to try it out, if she managed to poison a space marine it would be brilliant. And if he had a higher resistance, then maybe, maybe she could try out stronger ones, perfect to more dangerous formulas.

"We are the medical team." She replied and then considered his next words. Dangerous to openly admit that they wanted physical objects. "And we mostly look for knowledge." She clarified. "Although we will be grateful for any help this guild wishes to offer to us."

@Grey Knight

Edited by Sorana

On 1/16/2020 at 4:59 AM, Sorana said:

"We are the medical team." She replied and then considered his next words. Dangerous to openly admit that they wanted physical objects. "And we mostly look for knowledge." She clarified. "Although we will be grateful for any help this guild wishes to offer to us."

The space marine grunted, his eyes drifting away from Lena. He stomped past her, entering the room.

"Professor!" he said. "We need to discuss the plasma reactor. After your... interference, the tech-priests are refusing to enter the building. They want restitution for your 'blasphemy', or some other cogboy nonsense. Come to the entrance with me."

@ShadowLord_Lith

Alask watched the Marine appear before them, and nodded quickly as Lena answered the behemoth’s questions. The Black Crusade was here? Alask watched the Marine enter the other room and speak about something with the professor. Lightbulbs began to click in his head and he looked to Lena and Zyn.

“I think we just found a target more lucrative,” he said quietly and cocked his head towards the Marine. “They seem to be taking residence here. Security, maybe?”

@Sorana

@Voidus

Edited by Ookla the Maybe-Existent

1 hour ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“I think we just found a target more lucrative,” he said quietly and cocked his head towards the Marine. “They seem to be taking residence here. Security, maybe?”

Lena nodded. "And that plasma reactor - " She grinned at Alask. "They have to have something we can steal and sell for some money. Maybe they even have tools we could use."

Excitement made her grin and took out another box of pancakes held it out to the others while bitting into one herself. "We should follow them. We are supposed to head to the entrance anyway, so it won't be that obvious."

The woman sighed, standing up out of the chair she'd sat in and glowering at him. "If whatever I did blasphemes against some other persons religion I'm sorry, but why does it matter to them if a 'Heathen' did something blasphemous? Isn't that to be expected?" She shook her head, annoyed but too tired to get really angry. "Just take me there so I can fix this mess and get on with my life. But know that I won't avoid such actions in the future unless it's convenient to do so. So tell your 'priests' to grow thicker skins. You'd have thought that full-body armor strong enough to stop sisters knows what would be better at ignoring unintended insults..." She started walking towards the door, gesturing for him to lead the way.

(@Grey Knight)

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

The woman sighed, standing up out of the chair she'd sat in and glowering at him. "If whatever I did blasphemes against some other persons religion I'm sorry, but why does it matter to them if a 'Heathen' did something blasphemous? Isn't that to be expected?" She shook her head, annoyed but too tired to get really angry. "Just take me there so I can fix this mess and get on with my life. But know that I won't avoid such actions in the future unless it's convenient to do so. So tell your 'priests' to grow thicker skins. You'd have thought that full-body armor strong enough to stop sisters knows what would be better at ignoring unintended insults..." She started walking towards the door, gesturing for him to lead the way.

"You are, as they said on ancient Terra, 'preaching to the choir'," the space marine grumbled. "Nevertheless, the tech-priests of Mars are the only ones who can awaken the defenses we have planned. So if you want your void shields, you'll have to go to them."

He stepped out of the room, pushing past Lena and Alask without a thought.

@ShadowLord_Lith @Sorana @Ookla the Maybe-Existent

Edited by Grey Knight

Eve had opened her mouth to reply to Lena, but snapped it shut as the marine lumbered back past them. He scared her. Really scared her. It wasn't just the height, looming over her--she was used to people being taller than her--it was the combination of that and just his overall aesthetic, to her embarrassment. Normally people like that didn't faze her. 

Maybe it was related to the fact that she'd always sort of questioned the truth of historical accounts including Space Marines. Giant hulking warriors felt too outlandish to be actual thing. Investiture ruled the spot in her heart as ultimate evil--not space techy killers. Those felt like an enemy that could be taken down easily through speed and strategy. 

Looking at one now proved how wrong that dismissal had been. How horribly horribly wrong. She, Eve Tacet-Yin-Dove, had no chance against a marine like that. There was an aura around him emanating to just cower then and there and not even bother resisting. Why even try?

She swallowed heavily and forced herself to look away in an attempt to regain her confidence. He remained in her peripheral vision, a couple feet away, and her pounding heart refused to calm down. 

"Yes, definitely," she told Lena, mostly to prove to herself that there was not a frog caught in her throat preventing her from speaking.

Edited by Silva
Typo

She sighed, nodding and following him. "Fine... very well..." She huffed, grimacing and following him, honestly more annoyed than frightened. Not much frightened her honestly. Especially not people. She could understand people. Even if they made no sense, were infuriating, made choices that basked her, and were impossible to predict sometimes. She'd seen enough in her life to simply not care. Especially that last war... after that, what was there to honestly be worried alot from someone as unimpressive as an interstellar army that traveled through the universe through sheer force of knowledge, wil, and the application of knowledge to bend reality to their will? It eased no different from everyone else she'd seen. She was weak, and she knew it. So, since almost everyone was stronger than her, she'd become desensitized to things like fear when in the presence of those that could kill her easily. After all, they usually head more reasons not to hurt her than they did otherwise. Add looping as it remained that easy, why bother writing over something completely out of her control? Instead she focused on what she could do. Mainly, her own actions and her own class. The children especially. 

(@Grey Knight)

Zyn cautiously watched the retreating back of the huge figure that had loomed over them all moments ago. Zyn could see a number of items just on his person that would sell for a pretty penny, but were they really about to try to rob a heavily defended military base?

"Higher reward." He muttered. "But much higher risk. That's not going to be some schoolhouse filled with kids and inattentive teachers."

The space marine led her to the front of the complex. A hunched figure in red robes was just outside the threshold, pacing back and forth.

It caught sight of the professor and turned towards her. Up close, it seemed to be more metal than flesh. A faceless mask stared at her from behind the robes, its eyes glowing softly.

"My Lord," it said, turning to the space marine. "I, uh, regret to inform you that, er...." It coughed awkwardly. "MagosAdillianhasstormedoffohOmnissiahpleasedon'tkillme-"

The tech-priest continued to babble incoherently, cringing away from the space marine.

@ShadowLord_Lith @Sorana @Voidus @Silva

Lena inclined her head in agreement at Zym's words, but still started to follow the space marine. This would end in a complete failure if they didn't do anything, and that soon. And she hated to return home without even a little thing to take with her.

"We can take a look at their defenses." She suggested. "Maybe they have grown lax around here, and we can grab something easily." Eve was in, but still, Lena smiled at them encouragingly, although she knew that it bordered on her usual wide grin. "We're here to scout. If it looks too dangerous we can leave. But we need to take a look."

@Grey Knight