Church of the Whiterose Complex

Lunar Blessing

"I don't know," Dan said. "I can show you were, though." He looked halfway to tears, which was distinct on Dan's normally-stoic face. And, he was. He missed his husband so much already... nothing to look forward to when he got done with work, no one to talk to, and he always felt cold... it was horrible. @Blessing of Potency

Great Ax, now I feel really bad.

“Please do, though not me. Take Sam, he’s got a better eye for this sort of thing, he should be down the hall, blonde with blue highlights. The faster we can get this resolved the better I’ll stay here and get some search parties ready on the off chance that they find him.” Erlend gives Dan a reassuring smile, “we will find him, and bring him back. I promise you that. And if you ever need someone to talk to, or simply don’t want to be alone my door is always open.” 
@Sherlock Holmes

Edited by Blessing of Potency

Dan nodded and left the room, then collapsed against the wall in the hallway and held his hands to his face. This isn't right. Shae belongs with me. He's mine. And he's not here... He wiped off the moisture that had managed to escape his eyes and growled, then looked around, hoping no one had seen him. He couldn't be seen as weak... He touched the mark on the side of his neck and rolled his shoulders, then walked to the end of the hall and looked around for the man Erlend had mentioned. @Blessing of Potency

4 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Hey- what's up? :)

I mean, not much. I was just thinking that this would be a good time to get this thread up to whatever era we're on now. The next part doesn't really need to be RPed in my opinion, Ax if you disagree feel free to tell me and I will RP it with you.

@Sherlock Holmes

• 2 weeks later...

Lena straightened her cloths and continued to walk towards the building. "So, part one is to gain as much information as possible. We can ask around, look for ways in and out, try to find details about guards. Maybe we can use one of their pupils to give us a tour, or we could claim to be interested in taking some classes."

She fell silent looked at the looming complex in the distance. "We need to know where they keep their treasure, so keep your eyes open." A grin touched her lips and she playfully punched Alask's arm. "If this goes well, we've got the motivator. And then all the people can help us to rebuild. And we can focus on what we do best." And while she wasn't sure what he wanted to do with more time on his hands, she had a whole quarter to experiment upon. Maybe she finally got around to spend some time with the water supply. That would be really, really nice.

A thought crossed her mind and she shrugged. "I mean if we can steal what we need right now, we could take it. It depends on the risk I suppose."

@I think I am here. @Ark1002 @Voidus @Silva

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

A thought crossed her mind and she shrugged. "I mean if we can steal what we need right now, we could take it. It depends on the risk I suppose."

“That’s true enough,” Alask said, stepping beside her and eying the newest member of their thieving crew. Georgia-Grace. He remembered vividly as she tried to experiment on him, Shez too dumb at the time to do anything but roar and try to attack her and everyone else. And if a similar incident happened today... Alask wouldn’t mind just letting Shez loose. But not now, while they had to be covert.

“But only if it’s safe. They may be a church, but who knows what security they’ll have.”

Stepping forward he tried to spot any cameras on the building. Or were they all hidden? “I guess we could walk up to the front door?” He asked. “Don’t they offer tours to people so they can convert them? It is a church, after all.” A tour would do good retrieving information..

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Stepping forward he tried to spot any cameras on the building. Or were they all hidden? “I guess we could walk up to the front door?” He asked. “Don’t they offer tours to people so they can convert them? It is a church, after all.” A tour would do good retrieving information..

Eve noticed how Alask watched Georgia-Grace. Unlike the other former member of the thieving group, this one he seemed to be more wary of. She wondered why and resolved to keep an eye on her as well.

"Is approaching all together a good idea? I don't know how many visitors they tend to get at once, but a mishmash group of five like us would probably be out of the ordinary," Eve noted, mostly looking at Lena and Alask. 

Seeing the church in person was a weird feeling. A building so grand that most definitely had numerous resources being used solely to serve the two deities the members of the church believed in, Ruby and Weiss.

How many Homeless could it house if it even tried? A hundred? A thousand?

And what of all the wealth poured into building it in the first place? How many meals could that have bought?

She scoffed internally. I'd bet that Ruby and Weiss, real or not, would much rather those resources be used for the greater good, not just their followers.

Georgia-Grace nodded, her jacket swishing as she walked up to the gates. "Come. Time is valuable."

As she approached the gate, she burned her Zinc, making one of the guards more tired, another more happy, another bored. She had been practicing her Rioting, and this seemed to be going well. She stepped right up, to the gate, turned for a second to look at the rest of the party, then stepped into the building.

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

And Ark, I believe that’s godmodding. 

It's fine. I talked to Lith and Po about the heist, and they were alright with us rping all NPCs by ourselves. As long as we don't harm any children, which is a given anyway, we are free to do what we want, as long as it's within reason. And face the consequences of course.

"Well, we are only four, now." Lena remarked, watched Georgia rush off. Not the worst thing to happen. "I whink we could approach it together, state that we are from some voluntary medical team, helping poorer people in the city and that we'd like to learn something." She proposed. "That should fit the church well, and it would explain, why are such a colorful group."

She slowly walked closer, looked at the main entrace. "Just imagine, what we could do with so much money." She said quietly, pictured a lab, a real lab where she could destill and mix and maybe a greenhouse to grow more plants. And a place for animals, snakes and spiders, a tank for fish. So many possibilities, so many opportunities. And they invested their money into a building.

"I agree. The most obvious way is probably the best."

@Silva @I think I am here.

Alask watched as Georgia-Grace walked off, Rioted the guards with ease.

“We could do a lot,” Alask said, responded to Lena.

“Save the Forge. Make sure it doesn’t get ruined again. Expand our influence.” Buy books, he added silently. More books on Bonds and Investiture theory. Those books had helped him control and bind Shez, and those books had helped him crack how to summon the Phoenix. The thought of what Alask could achieve with more - expensive - books, it was too good.

“Let’s go,” he said, walking to the front reception.

“Does anyone want to follow her?” He asked, gesturing to Georgia-Grace, there was a possibility for chaos’s if left unchecked.

11 hours ago, AonEne said:

You seem to be confused at the definition of Godmodding. NPCs are NPCs, therefore unable to be godmodded. But things like killing them in massive quantities, yes, I would ask about. But rioting is something I can do to PCs as well. So there's not going to be an issue with NPCs.

(don't mean this to be rude. First sentence was sarcastic, the rest was explaining)

Georgia-Grace quickly slid into her familiar routine of lurking in the shadows, unseen. She scaled a wall in the corner, rolling onto the top of a building. She pulled out her sketchbook and began to draw the layout of the Complex, so the others would have a perfect map. She had always been good at this sort of stuff.

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

You seem to be confused at the definition of Godmodding. NPCs are NPCs, therefore unable to be godmodded. But things like killing them in massive quantities, yes, I would ask about. But rioting is something I can do to PCs as well. So there's not going to be an issue with NPCs. 

It is perfectly possible to godmod NPCs if someone else controls them, as the Church does these. Godmodding isn’t PC-specific. And you should generally ask before using emotional Allomancy on a PC, too.

But if you guys have discussed this and godmodding the guards has been approved, then you’re fine. 

Shade sat on the roof of the main building, watching the ground, feeling relaxed. She had just finished her tasks for the day, and wanted to get away from everything for a while. She had slowly started settling in, and she was finally capable of walking around without needing the support of her powers, the need to feel hidden, the dampening of the emotions that accompanied them. Still, she kept her power on a light burn, just enough to avoid attracting attention. She told herself it was just to make sure nobody would see her and get worried, though deep down she knew that wasn't the actual reason. Still, things were getting better, even the nightmares were slowly starting to lessen. She sighed, and idly continued gazing at the rooftops.