Church of the Whiterose Complex

Lunar Blessing

4 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

One of the soldiers walked over and stood near the priest. "Hello, you new?" she asked the woman who was talking to the priest.

@kenod

Not sure how appropriate woman is, given that she's only 17.

Shade heard someone speak behind her and reflexively activated her powers. Calming down, she released them again, and turned around. "I am," she said, sounding scared.

11 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Oh, um, I won't touch you if you don't want me to," the soldier said. 

"Ah, eh, no," Shade muttered. "Erm, thanks. Was there anything you wanted to talk about?" She asked, trying to be polite.

1 minute ago, kenod said:

Shade looked at the ground. "I just ... Needed a calm place to stay." She said.

"Well, this place is pretty calm with the amount of guild support we've gotten recently, so you've come to the right place." The soldier smiled her best friendly smile. She didn't like feeling like she was freaking people out.

27 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Well, this place is pretty calm with the amount of guild support we've gotten recently, so you've come to the right place." The soldier smiled her best friendly smile. She didn't like feeling like she was freaking people out.

"Alright," Shade said, a soft smile appearing on her face. "Is there anything you can tell me about this place, or other things that I should know about?"

8 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Well, if you're going to be here, you'll need a job," she said. 

"I see," Shade said, feeling relieved. She could probably take care of a simple job. "What kind of jobs are there?" She asked.

1 minute ago, kenod said:

"I see," Shade said, feeling relieved. She could probably take care of a simple job. "What kind of jobs are there?" She asked.

"Well, we have teacher positions open, you could be a farmer's worker, you could be a soldier... work in a shop... We have a lot of options." She smiled. 

Shade thought for a bit. Being a teacher sounded nice, she felt, but she wondered what she could teach, thinking back to her own education. She shouldn't teach anything she had learned, she thought. "A simple job would probably be the best," she said, feeling embarrassed. "I don't really have much of an education. I can do basic math and reading, but I've never really learned anything else." Or at least nothing else that I should actually use, she thought.

Edited by kenod
word choice

A teacher's helper, Shade thought. She liked the idea, being able to work with children, to help them. Still, she wondered if she had any right to do something like that, given what she'd done. She focused back on the soldier. "Being a teacher's helper sounds nice," she said. "Still, I guess that's something I'd have to discuss with the priests, isn't it?"

Shade nodded, and gave a small wave to the woman. She then started walking in the direction the priests had indicated, looking for the high priest. Along the way she slightly used her ability, sighing in relief as she felt the gazes around her lessen.

Softly Shade walked up to the door of the office, not sure if she wanted the high priest to be in or not. Nervously she knocked on the door.

@Blessing of Potency

Edited by kenod

On 5/20/2019 at 4:20 PM, Blessing of Potency said:

Erlend looks up from his papers at the knock.

”Come in.” He calls.

@kenod

Hesitantly Shade opened the door and peeked around the corner. "Um, sorry sir," she said, "I'm new, and the other priests told me I should come and see you?"

@Blessing of Potency

Edited by kenod

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

“Did they?” Erlend says, “In that case come in, sit down.”

Nervously Shade opened the door and walked to the chair, sitting down. Trying to calm herself she looked at the priest. He looked kind, and reminded her of her uncle, back before everything happened. Somehow it made her feel more at ease, though she felt nervous at the comparison, wondering if this would end the same way.

Edited by kenod
punctuation