Church of the Whiterose Complex

Lunar Blessing

He flinched, looking away and clearing his throat. "Um... good..." He changed the subject. "Art is hardly 'easy' you saw how much practice it took to improve as much as you did, so imagine how much practice I have had. Paintings take days to finish, and usually two or three canvases. The amount of effort I put into the carvings leaves my arms sore... art isn't as easy as you think." He chuckled, still drinking. He'd relaxed some, a bit of the substance starting to hit his system. He was on his fourth glass. 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

He shrugged. "I know it is. I never liked it, and I know my dad didn't like breaking people, but... that's how it goes..." He hummed. "I like art... it gets on my nerves, but it doesn't hurt anyone. It's beautiful... kind of like you. It has its dark parts, sure, and it can be terrifying at times, but it's always beautiful. So I guess I like you too..." He hummed, thinking. "And I like practicing what dad taught me. I hate using it, but practicing feels good... like he's still here..." He kept drinking, on his fifth glass now, not realizing just how much was coming out of his mouth. It was more than he'd told almost anyone but the high priest. 

Lith, I could’ve let Shae fall to his death twice already.

“You,” Dan paused as he threw back another shot, “can fight. Pssshh. That seems a little weird. I dunno. You just so tiny.” He reached over and felt the skin of Shae’s arm. “And soft, too. Sisters, did I just that you’re soft?” He laughed and took yet another shot. Oh, hell. Apparently I’m not immune like Dad. Mix between him and Ma? Who cares. “Where’re you from?”

@ShadowLord_Lith

There are levels of trust. I trust him not to stab me with a knife in a dark room, I don't trust him to not try and convince a drunk Shae to kiss him. You know?

He blushed. "Mostly Nalthis... Hallindren is why I have such weird clothes..." He hummed. "I'll prove I can fight if you really want me to... I just don't wanna hurt you..." He hummed, blinking and looking at him curiously. "Your feathers are pretty..." He touched his feathers, feeling them. He got a bit absorbed in that, staring at the feathers as he finished his sixth glass, not sure if he wanted to drink any more. 

Fair enough. Admittedly, I’ve only ever written two or three characters who would do that, and Wereci is one of them...

“Aw, thanks,” Dan said. “You have a pretty face.” His head felt weird, but good, so he drank some more and looked back at Shae. He does have a nice face, though.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Eight-ten hours later:

Dan woke up somewhere he was definitely not supposed to be.

On a floor. 

He pushed himself to his knees, eyes scrunched shut with a pounding headache to occupy his mind. His wings were thrown out to either side of him, one of them hitting a wall... so that was about how big the room he was in was... 

Then he opened his eyes, and looked around the room. It was small, and obviously the standard quarters for a resident of the Complex. There was a bed occupying about a fourth of the space, and someone laying on it. 

Dan unsteadily stood up and walked two steps to the bed. 

And, laying in it, asleep, was Shae. 

Ohgodohgodohgodohgod, Dan panicked inwardly, then thought back and tried to remember what happened last night. 

“You want to sleep on the bed?” Shae asked Dan as they stumbled into Shae’s quarters.

”Nah, I’ll be fine,” Dan said, and fell onto the floor, falling asleep in a half-second.

Okay, so nothing had happened, unless his mind was playing tricks on him. Dan sighed, relieved, then shook Shae by the shoulder and said, “Wake up.”

@ShadowLord_Lith

Shae winced, blinking tiredly as he sat up, rubbing his eyes and looking around. His eyes froze when he saw Dan, slowly moving up to his face, his own going red. He didn't remember what exactly happened, but he did know one thing- he was currently shirtless. He always slept that way in his room, a habit from some of the hotter times he'd spent in Hallindren. Of course, that meant that he could see the muscle that was usually hidden under his shirt, along with some of the more obvious scars from the shrapnel that the explosion had caused- the one that had left him nearsighted. All in all, a pretty embarrassing moment.

“Whoa, dude,” Dan said, stopping when he saw Shae’s muscles, and those scars. “Yeah, I take back what I said last night. I said something last night, right?” Dan looked at Shae’s face, and saw that it had turned quite red. “Uhhh,” Dan mumbled, looking at himself. As a rule, he only ever wore trousers that he usually rolled up to his knees. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, but he never did unless it was really cold. “Well. That’s kinda, um.” His own face started turning red, but he calmed it with a trick Wereci had taught him. “Nothing happened, right?”

@ShadowLord_Lith

Shae forced himself to calm down, biting his lip to make himself think so he could respond. "Er... n-no... I don't think so... at least, I don't think either of us is in pain anywhere, so... we didn't fight..." The other implication was something he just chose not to even consider. Besides, neither if them seemed to be suffering, so nothing could've happened. They hadn't even slept together- which he knew because of thr coolness of the bed aside from where he'd slept. "S-so... it should still be your birthday... we could only have been out for a few hours, and we got done pretty early in the morning, so... what else did you want to do today...?" He intentionally ignored his pounding head, though it was harder than normal. He was used to getting headaches from exhaustion while working late on projects, and he'd gotten somewhat used to them.

He nodded. "Sure. And yes, I have a headache... I'm used to them though... I'll just... get a shirt on..." He got out of bed quickly pulling out a shirt and pulling it on, tucking it in like he normally did. "Okay, so... you ready to go risk my life a few times?"

“I’m not just risking your life,” Dan pointed out. “I myself could have a seizure or heart attack or whatever and we could both die instead.” He rolled his shoulders out and stretched his wings, though Shae’s room was small enough that his wings couldn’t fully extend. “This is a second-floor room, right?” Dan asked, walking over to the window and tugging it open. He looked down at the ground outside of the building, then folded in his wings completely and jumped out, landing on the ground in a roll, though the impact still jarred his shoulders. He stood up and called at Shae, “Jump out.”

@ShadowLord_Lith

You need to finish your conversation with Po. She agreed with you, then asked how. 

Shae stuck his head out of the window and stared down at him. "Really? Seriously? What, are you going to catch me? How is that any less painful than hitting the ground?" He rolled his eyes, closing the window and walking out of the building normally. 

Forgot dialogue