Church of the Whiterose Complex

Lunar Blessing

You compared him to your old boyfriend. That means you've subconsciously begun sizing him up as a potential boyfriend. Well then...

He grinned. "Sure. I might pass out if we do it three times, but I think I can handle doing that twice today. I haven't gotten this much adrenaline in me since..." He trailed off, calming a bit as he remembered being kidnapped. He forced a grin. "In a long time."

That’s kinda the point.

“Okay,” Dan said. “I like diving too, so it’s fun on both ends. Even if it might be more frightening for you, since I’m used to the speed.” Dan picked Shae up again, and it was a bit harder since his arms were a bit more tired, but he still managed to get in the air. He beat his wings until he was a bit higher than before, and dropped Shae again.

@ShadowLord_Lith

This time there was less screaming and more laughter and whooping as he fell, trusting Dan to catch him. Honestly, it was stupid of him, but he didn't really care. He had watched Dan improve in making clay bowls, and had seen him do that action over and over again for a few hours. They shared an art project, and that alone was enough for him to trust the man for now. He'd deepen his trust through their other interactions together- like what they were doing now for example.

That's a lot of trust. Like the sort of trust-fall where you fall forward when the guy who is supposed to be catching you thinks that you're going to fall back. 

That is also an interesting reaction. Admittedly kind of disturbing. Dan dived faster this time and caught Shae farther from the ground, then landed slower and put Shae back down. "Still okay?"

@ShadowLord_Lith

He grinned, nodding. "Y-yes... sorry... I probably seem insane to you. I just... I haven't felt this much excitement in a long time, part of me misses it. I guess I'm addicted to it, in some sense." He smiled, blushing slightly as he felt a twinge of shame. "Anyways... I should be getting back... I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully?" He smiled, glad to have a new friend who was interested in his work.

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

"Yeah," Dan said, "see you." He waved at Shae, then took off and flew high in the sky, diving and spinning. The air felt wonderful on his face and wings, and he felt the tension from being in the art studio fade away as the air hit his face. He searched the skies with his keen eyes, then looked down at the fields surrounding the Complex and dived when he saw a rabbit out in the open. He plunged for a moment, then spread his wings again just as he grabbed the rabbit, rolling into his fall and holding onto the squirming animal tightly. He stuffed its neck into his mouth and shook his head until he heard a satisfying snap. He sat down and started to eat the small animal. 

@ShadowLord_Lith

Aaaand twenty-seven hour time skip. 

Dan had already checked and seen that Shae wasn't in in his quarters. He'd checked the high-walled, open chapel. 

So now he had go to into the school again. 

Dan walked through the doors of the school and into more complete light, since the sun was setting outside. He padded quickly through the cramped hallways and through the doorway to the art studio, breathing out loudly when the walls stopped feeling like they were falling in on him. He looked around and saw Shae sitting at one of the tables. He walked over to the table next to the one Shae was at and sat on top of it. "Hi," he said to Shae.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Shae jumped, blinking and looking around. "Wha- oh... um, hi. I... I wasn't sleeping, I..." He struggled trying to come up with an excuse and failing. Truth was, he fell asleep in the art studio most nights, working late into the night on his projects. Tonight had been one of those nights. That fact was proven the painting he'd started in the corner, already very well done and showing Dan flying in the sky the previous night. The feathers were a bit off, but he had said he was practicing. He also seemed to be carving some kind of symbol, which is what he'd fallen asleep working on. The knife was next to him, a pencil in his hand. It was rough, but looked like a scythe held blade to the ground, handle diagonally crossing a vertically upright fencing blade in the center, with two gauntlets in the background on either side, and ribbon tying them all together. He'd gotten fairly far considering he'd started last night- which might have one questioning exactly how late he had stayed up.

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

Yeah...

He blinked, waking up fully. "Your birthday??? I... Okay, sure. I'd love to." He smiled. Honestly, he would normally have said no. He'd never gotten drunk before, and didn't like the taste. But... it was his friends birthday, and he had nothing else to give him right now. So... he figured he'd let himself do this just once. 

Sorry for the long response time, I went out to dinner.

"Okay, great," Dan said, not showing the smugness he felt. His Tesan half could resist alcohol to an extent that no normal human could manage, so he wasn't worried about getting drunk or a hangover. "Okay, follow me," Dan said, sliding off the table and walking out of the room, through the restricting hallways, barely managing to keep his composure as the walls leaned in on him, then out into the open. He took off over to the nearest door to the mess hall, inside of the dormitory, then realized that Shae would take forever to follow, so he wheeled back around and landed next to Shae. "Can I carry you? Uh, over to that door, I mean." 

@ShadowLord_Lith

"You've been missing out," Dan muttered, then gestured the barkeep over. "Smallish glass of beer for him," he said to the woman, "and three shots of vodka for me. Yes, I can pay for that." The woman raised her eyebrows, but didn't say anything, just got the drinks out and put them in front of Dan and Shae. Dan slid the glass of beer towards Shae, then tossed back all of the shots in quick succession.

@ShadowLord_Lith

"That's the point," Dan said, and got three more shots from the barkeep. He took them even faster this time, and slumped over slightly. It burned, but it was a good burn. Like wind stinging your face as you were flying. He shook his head to clear it, and looked over at Shae. "Just drink. It ain't going to bite."

@ShadowLord_Lith